Vote For Miami Mike's SportsZone as Best Sports Bar in America
20 replies
Many of us in the NJ area know Miami Mike's well as a great sports bar and hard core Dolphins Fan HQ. Miami Mike is of course a huge fan as well, and makes sure we've got the best seats and TV in the house, throws special dolphins events and parties for big games, the draft, the first pre-season game etc.
Unfortunately, as I've moved away I don't get back to Mike's very often, but I saw recently that they've made the cut to the final 8 in an ESPN poll for best sports bar in America.
You can read about the bar here:
http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=5499348&hcId=5459332&topId=null
and cast your vote here:
http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/poll?collectionId=5499545&sportAbbrev=wireless&hcId=5459332&topId=null
Mike's has been great to us as Dolphins fans, and remains easily the best sports bar I've ever been to. If you're in the area for a game, it's a great experience.
Please take a moment to cast your vote for Mike's!
http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/poll?collectionId=5499545&sportAbbrev=wireless&hcId=5459332&topId=null
voted. miami mike always treated us like family the 2 times we did our C2C game. Hooked us up with buckets o' beers, dolphin shots, opened early for us etc etc.
Its a dolphin fans HEAVEN literally. He gets my vote 11000% hope everyone else does the same.

Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast

Still havent been there yet....voted.....have to get there soon.
BDH -
"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."
Jimmy V. (Mar '93)
Voted. Was only there once and it was a non-Dolphins event. I was there for a wedding. Talked to Mike though and he couldn't have been nicer.
The hotel it's attached too; however, is a real ****hole.
Done any place that takes care of us is my kinda joint. I may take a vacation just to see the place. To bad they made the draft such a spectacle i miss the draft weekend threads. My support goes to Miami Mikes 100%.
"BigDogsHunt wrote:
Still havent been there yet....voted.....have to get there soon.
I'll be there for the Nov 7th game, and maybe the game on the Oct. 31st, Nov 14th, and 18th as well. I have to work in NJ from Nov 1st - the 20th.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
"Stitches wrote:
I'll be there for the Nov 7th game, and maybe the game on the Oct. 31st, Nov 14th, and 18th as well. I have to work in NJ from Nov 1st - the 20th.
Hmmmm...sad, as a Jersey Boy, still havent made it. Maybe can head up soon, its a 4hr drive now, but still want to check it off the list.
Nov. 7th working on ticket for @ BAL!
BDH -
"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."
Jimmy V. (Mar '93)
done
Well after 15 years Bettman lets hockey come back to Winnipeg. Thanks for wasting 15 years
Voted. I really enjoyed Miami Mike's when I went up there! Mike is a great guy and extremely nice!
That place is damn near heaven. Mike is an absolutely wonderful guy.

Ricky Williams - "I will always be a Dolphin."
I have never been there but a lot of my fellow Dolphin fans who have been there always give it big props.Its getting my vote.:up:
I live an hour away, anyone have some more pictures? Tempted to go there for a game, maybe one of the 4pm games.
Probably the closest thing to being in Dolphin Stadium? I know there is "DolfansNYC" in manhattan too at Third and Long bar.
1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team
K I K O
Never been there, and probably will never go there, but a guy running a SoFla-oriented sports bar in the den of indecipherable accents known as the northeast corridor deserves a vote anyway.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
Used to go there all the time for Dolphin games when I lived in the area. Since then I've moved a bit further away, but I still try to get there every now and then. It's a great experience and Mike's a great host.
"Desides wrote:
Never been there, and probably will never go there, but a guy running a SoFla-oriented sports bar in the den of indecipherable accents known as the northeast corridor deserves a vote anyway.
There's a Dolphin bar in NYC and one in CT too. May be more, I'm not sure. Thanks to the 30 years of the 70s and Dan Marino, the Dolphins will forever have a large fan base up here to annoy the Jets and Patriots fans. :up: It helps that the two NY teams play in NJ.
1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team
K I K O
"Dolphins1Beatles wrote:
I live an hour away, anyone have some more pictures? Tempted to go there for a game, maybe one of the 4pm games.
Probably the closest thing to being in Dolphin Stadium? I know there is "DolfansNYC" in manhattan too at Third and Long bar.
Their website is here: http://www.ramadaeasthanover.com/SportsZone.nxg
You'll see a number of threads about the bar in the Tailgating forum, there's been many meet ups there around the draft, opening day, etc.
Between Mike getting the fans pumped up, high fives all around, leading the dolphins chants, playing the fight song after each score, and free shots after each win, it's a great place. Last time I was there they were up to I believe 50 tvs around the bar, plus 4 wall sized projection screens -- the main screen always has the Dolphins game.
If you're going, I suggest getting there early, that place is PACKED by kickoff.
I'm hoping to head up for week one this year -- but there are lots of fans there and you'll have a great time.
For those who live farther away, Miami Mike can get you a special rate at the attached Ramada Inn if you're looking to stay the night.
Vote early and often! ;)
"Xiidaen wrote:
Their website is here: http://www.ramadaeasthanover.com/SportsZone.nxg
You'll see a number of threads about the bar in the Tailgating forum, there's been many meet ups there around the draft, opening day, etc.
Between Mike getting the fans pumped up, high fives all around, leading the dolphins chants, playing the fight song after each score, and free shots after each win, it's a great place. Last time I was there they were up to I believe 50 tvs around the bar, plus 4 wall sized projection screens -- the main screen always has the Dolphins game.
If you're going, I suggest getting there early, that place is PACKED by kickoff.
I'm hoping to head up for week one this year -- but there are lots of fans there and you'll have a great time.
For those who live farther away, Miami Mike can get you a special rate at the attached Ramada Inn if you're looking to stay the night.
Vote early and often! ;)
What's the best way to get in touch with him? :shifty:
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
I'm probably going to head there after the game December 12th. If they lose I probably won't go, but I see Miami handling the Jets two more times this year. Feeling confident about the team this season. LETS GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

