Veterans, if you need copies of your DD-214's

14 replies

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury BoxOP
Aug 7, 2008, 05:19 PM

To all the veterans out there, if you need to get copies of your DD-214's for any reason, you start at this website. You will fill out the info, and print out two copies. One of the copies will be for you to print your name and sign it. Then you will mail that to St. Louis with in 30 days. I just thought I would pass it along.

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/evetrecs/


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury Box
Aug 18, 2008, 04:34 PM

It can take up to 10 working days just to pull your info. So please give enough time. I got an email back saying they got my signed copy, and that they sometimes have requests up to 20,000 service members to pull records for.


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!

FiresoleFiresoleNew Member
Aug 18, 2008, 05:43 PM

dude thanks for this info. This is very important info for anyone seeking to obtain a government job.

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury Box
Aug 18, 2008, 05:48 PM

"Firesole wrote:

dude thanks for this info. This is very important info for anyone seeking to obtain a government job.

No problem bro. If I know something you will know something too.:hi5:


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!

CrunchTimeCrunchTimeRetired Admin
Aug 20, 2008, 10:25 AM

I am going to do that as I lost my records except for my honorable discharge and my boot camp graduation yearbook .Thanks for the idea bro

TEtexasPHINSfanNew Member
Aug 20, 2008, 01:51 PM

"CrunchTime wrote:

I am going to do that as I lost my records except for my honorable discharge and my boot camp graduation yearbook .Thanks for the idea bro

roflamo. of all things NOT to lose.... :lol: :knucks:

*

CrunchTimeCrunchTimeRetired Admin
Aug 20, 2008, 05:39 PM

"texasPHINSfan wrote:

roflamo. of all things NOT to lose.... :lol: :knucks:

Its a long story but my mother kept all of my documents including all of my newspaper article water skiing exploits and other things like my service record
pictures of my youth ,gf etc and she put them in a trunk in the basement.

During a very rainy period in florida...the basement flooded and everything in the trunk was soaked and ruined.I wasnt home at the time and it there were no copies...all originals .So it was as though my whole past didnt happen .

Years later much to my surprise I find out that the yearbook was kept in another place.I had the honorable discharge with me .:lol:

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury Box
Aug 20, 2008, 05:46 PM

I still have my little Johnny Oohrah book around here some where.:lol:


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!

FiresoleFiresoleNew Member
Aug 20, 2008, 05:51 PM

I didn't get a yearbook at basic training graduation....wtf?!

I got a stupid video and a picture of my platoon ...(I was platoon guide..woooop tee dooo)

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury Box
Aug 20, 2008, 05:55 PM

"Firesole wrote:

I didn't get a yearbook at basic training graduation....wtf?!

I got a stupid video and a picture of my platoon ...(I was platoon guide..woooop tee dooo)

I mine as well of been a guide or squad leader. Every time they were getting thrashed in the squad bay I would walk by with a cheese eating grin, and would be right there with them.:lol:


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!

TEtexasPHINSfanNew Member
Aug 21, 2008, 12:30 PM

"Firesole wrote:

I didn't get a yearbook at basic training graduation....wtf?!

I got a stupid video and a picture of my platoon ...(I was platoon guide..woooop tee dooo)

you had to "order" it, it wasn't free. ;)

i did but only b/c like highschool yearbooks, i thought its just something you do... go through the motions. to this day i don't think i've ever even opened that damn book.

*

BABaxterLuxury Box
Oct 2, 2008, 09:59 PM

Wow what luck I came across this thread, my father was just saying the other day how he lost that form. thanks for the info John.

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury Box
Oct 2, 2008, 10:37 PM

"Baxter wrote:

Wow what luck I came across this thread, my father was just saying the other day how he lost that form. thanks for the info John.

Glad to help bro. I hope dad is doing better.:up:


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!

BABaxterLuxury Box
Oct 2, 2008, 11:02 PM

"Fin Fan In Cali wrote:

Glad to help bro. I hope dad is doing better.:up:

He is John, thanks again I really appreciate it. It was really weird how I had that conversation with him the other day then I stumbled across this thread on my favorite site. very lucky.

mi2centsmi2centsNew Member
Nov 30, 2008, 11:27 AM

"Fin Fan In Cali wrote:

To all the veterans out there, if you need to get copies of your DD-214's for any reason, you start at this website. You will fill out the info, and print out two copies. One of the copies will be for you to print your name and sign it. Then you will mail that to St. Louis with in 30 days. I just thought I would pass it along.eVetRecs: Request Copies of Veterans Military Personnel Records

also John if any Fla. VFW Vets need to know about benifits or joining the the VFW go to [url=http://WWW.myfloridavfw.org if anyone needs to apply for VA benefits (medical-pension or other) feel free to PM me and I'll get them started in the right direction