The Walking Dead - Season 5

185 replies

Paul 13Paul 13StaffOP
Oct 14, 2014, 11:11 AM

Started on Sunday... surprised no thread yet! Always great to have it back. Talking Dead afterwards was great too.

Looks like Morgan is back which is interesting...he's following circles with X's in them... not sure why. A little surprised Terminus appears to be done so quickly. I was expecting this season to be about them being stuck there.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Oct 14, 2014, 12:33 PM

I think they are going to switch between past and present in the next few episodes... I thought it was an excellent premiere.

And honestly who cares about spoiler tags? What do people expect in the season 5 The Walking Dead thread?

Side note, anyone notice the blonde kid that was killed in the room with Daryl, Glenn, and Rick? Same guy that Rick and Carol ran into before Rick cut Carol loose.

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Oct 14, 2014, 12:39 PM

Anyone else notice that the walker Carol killed on the railroad tracks at the beginning was Andrea?

Or at least was dressed exactly the same, had handcuffs on like she did, and had half her face blown off in a matter consistent with a gunshot to the head?

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Oct 14, 2014, 12:51 PM

"Pagan wrote:

Anyone else notice that the walker Carol killed on the railroad tracks at the beginning was Andrea?

Or at least was dressed exactly the same, had handcuffs on like she did, and had half her face blown off in a matter consistent with a gunshot to the head?

She wasn't dressed exactly the same. The stripe patterns are different. And the walker was wearing boots.

It wouldn't surprise me if it meant something later down the road or if it was just the crew ****ing with us.

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Oct 14, 2014, 12:54 PM

"GridIronKing34 wrote:

I think they are going to switch between past and present in the next few episodes... I thought it was an excellent premiere.

And honestly who cares about spoiler tags? What do people expect in the season 5 The Walking Dead thread?

Side note, anyone notice the blonde kid that was killed in the room with Daryl, Glenn, and Rick? Same guy that Rick and Carol ran into before Rick cut Carol loose.

did not notice that, was wondering why he was looking at Rick like that.

testing

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Oct 14, 2014, 12:58 PM

"GridIronKing34 wrote:

I think they are going to switch between past and present in the next few episodes... I thought it was an excellent premiere.

And honestly who cares about spoiler tags? What do people expect in the season 5 The Walking Dead thread?

Side note, anyone notice the blonde kid that was killed in the room with Daryl, Glenn, and Rick? Same guy that Rick and Carol ran into before Rick cut Carol loose.

Good catch. He was. I believe his gf was eaten in that episode.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Oct 14, 2014, 12:59 PM

"Paul 13 wrote:

Started on Sunday... surprised no thread yet! Always great to have it back. Talking Dead afterwards was great too.

Looks like Morgan is back which is interesting...he's following circles with X's in them... not sure why. A little surprised Terminus appears to be done so quickly. I was expecting this season to be about them being stuck there.

Would have been a rather boring season IMO with that being the case. Better to have them roam and introduce plot twists that way.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Oct 14, 2014, 01:26 PM

"GridIronKing34 wrote:

She wasn't dressed exactly the same. The stripe patterns are different. And the walker was wearing boots.

It wouldn't surprise me if it meant something later down the road or if it was just the crew ****ing with us.

I thought about the boots thing too, so I went and watched Andrea's death scene again. You never see her feet. Her boots might have been put back on.

More than likely it isn't her, but it's fun to speculate.

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Oct 14, 2014, 01:47 PM

"Pagan wrote:

I thought about the boots thing too, so I went and watched Andrea's death scene again. You never see her feet. Her boots might have been put back on.

More than likely it isn't her, but it's fun to speculate.

The stripes are drastically different on her shirt. That's about all I got.

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Oct 14, 2014, 11:00 PM

"GridIronKing34 wrote:

I think they are going to switch between past and present in the next few episodes... I thought it was an excellent premiere.

And honestly who cares about spoiler tags? What do people expect in the season 5 The Walking Dead thread?

Side note, anyone notice the blonde kid that was killed in the room with Daryl, Glenn, and Rick? Same guy that Rick and Carol ran into before Rick cut Carol loose.

did you notice that or did you pick that up from the Talking Dead? I didn't notice it.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Oct 14, 2014, 11:02 PM

"Pagan wrote:

Anyone else notice that the walker Carol killed on the railroad tracks at the beginning was Andrea?

Or at least was dressed exactly the same, had handcuffs on like she did, and had half her face blown off in a matter consistent with a gunshot to the head?

i was wondering with the handcuffs who that was.... thought that must be significant. But if GIK says it's not her, then.... well it must be. :shifty:

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Oct 14, 2014, 11:11 PM

"Paul 13 wrote:

did you notice that or did you pick that up from the Talking Dead? I didn't notice it.

I noticed it then it was posted on reddit... I think it was mentioned on The Talking Dead but I missed the first 15 minutes of that show.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Oct 15, 2014, 08:51 AM

Really good first episode. Had my heart beating with the disturbing throat slashing / draining scene, where they are all apathetic to it all. ****s going down.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Oct 15, 2014, 09:51 AM

"SICK wrote:

Really good first episode. Had my heart beating with the disturbing throat slashing / draining scene, where they are all apathetic to it all. ****s going down.

OT: You can show someone getting struck in the head with a bat, then throat-slashed, then bled out on TV...

...but you can't show a boob.

Was a pretty good episode though.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

CrunchTimeCrunchTimeRetired Admin
Oct 15, 2014, 10:47 AM

More action is in this episode which forcasts a good season.Last seasons was a little too much character examination for my taste.Even Rick was wishy washy .Now he is back to his bad ass self.Likey.

FiresoleFiresoleNew Member
Oct 15, 2014, 11:11 AM

That wasn't Andrea. She capped herself with Rick's .44.

But for anyone who has read the comics, the dude in the flashback at the end looks VERY SIMILAR to a notorious bad guy,


Negan

although Robert Kirkman is already trying to shoot down that rumor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Oct 15, 2014, 11:28 AM

Not to turn this into a political thread, but we're headed down TWD path with this whole Ebola thing... it's air born in case you hadn't heard... doh

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Oct 15, 2014, 11:31 AM

"Paul 13 wrote:

Not to turn this into a political thread, but we're headed down TWD path with this whole Ebola thing... it's air born in case you hadn't heard... doh

Obama was like "you know, I'm pretty good with a cross bow, let's let this just play out..."

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Oct 15, 2014, 11:35 AM

"lmeister3 wrote:

OT: You can show someone getting struck in the head with a bat, then throat-slashed, then bled out on TV...

...but you can't show a boob.

Was a pretty good episode though.

And don't for godsakes say "****, ****, ****, or ******"

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Oct 15, 2014, 11:38 AM

"GridIronKing34 wrote:

Obama was like "you know, I'm pretty good with a cross bow, let's let this just play out..."

Just give him a 7 iron and hes good to go.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Oct 15, 2014, 11:47 AM

"Paul 13 wrote:

Just give him a 7 iron and hes good to go.

Worked well for Martinez...

Clark KentClark KentForum Veteran
Oct 19, 2014, 11:39 PM

I like how Rick is all "sure, let's go to Washington and cure this disease!" Apparently, he's already forgotten that the CDC and all foreign government versions couldn't do it... Other than that, this season is shaping up better than the last one. I like them on the move. Makes it more interesting.

DolPhinPhan7DolPhinPhan7Forum Veteran
Oct 20, 2014, 10:49 AM

This season is straight from the Comics. If you've read the Trade Paperback "Fear the Hunters" you know exactly what's going on so far this season. Hard to comment without spoilers.

I will say this one thing. . . "Tainted Meat!"

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Oct 20, 2014, 10:58 AM

"Clark Kent wrote:

I like how Rick is all "sure, let's go to Washington and cure this disease!" Apparently, he's already forgotten that the CDC and all foreign government versions couldn't do it... Other than that, this season is shaping up better than the last one. I like them on the move. Makes it more interesting.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting Rick to say yes to that... I was 75% sure he'd say no. As for the end of the episode with Bob... I have a question and then a top 10...

what was he crying about before he got hit over the head? Oh and that brings to mind the old WTF are they doing (horror movie stupidity).... love how him and the other two are out running around in the dark alone...

anyway... top 10 Bob's on the menu:

10. Hot Bob on a Stick
9. Bananas Bobster
8. Bobba Stump
7. Baskin and Bobbins... Quarterbob Crunch Ice Cream
6. Bob Evans Tuesday night special, our meat is humanely... prepared
5. Bob-a-que Brisket
4. Poor Bob Sandwiches
3. Bobscht
2. Bobby Filet
1. Shish Kabob

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

DolPhinPhan7DolPhinPhan7Forum Veteran
Oct 20, 2014, 11:00 AM

The idea of the group switching the Farm for the Prison for some church in the woods? For the show's sake they'd have to move on to DC.