Sean Smith to safety possibly?

24 replies

FIFinsanityNew MemberOP
Apr 23, 2010, 09:08 PM

Probably why they are not addressing it. They had Earl Thomas right there but decided to go in another direction. Maybe the best kinda of coverage is a great pass rush.

Phins28Phins28Forum Veteran
Apr 23, 2010, 09:10 PM

I think is Will Allen.

CANEPHINSCANEPHINSForum Veteran
Apr 23, 2010, 09:11 PM

I mentioned that a few months ago and got blasted for it. Allen and Davis on the corners and put Smith at SS. I think that would work just fine.

KillerphinsKillerphinsNew Member
Apr 23, 2010, 09:12 PM

"Finsanity wrote:

Probably why they are not addressing it. They had Earl Thomas right there but decided to go in another direction. Maybe the best kinda of coverage is a great pass rush.

sean smith will stay at CB imo
continue to develop him there
not physical enough as S
maybe they believe in culver or clemons :pointlol:

Dolphins1BeatlesDolphins1BeatlesForum Veteran
Apr 23, 2010, 09:13 PM

Maybe they'll sign Darren Sharper for 1 year, I dont think the Saints will again. Never say never.

1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team

K I K O

MrtreeMrtreeForum Veteran
Apr 23, 2010, 09:13 PM

"CANEPHINS" wrote:

I mentioned that a few months ago and got blasted for it. Allen and Davis on the corners and put Smith at SS. I think that would work just fine.

Why does anyone think a guy whose main isssue is tackling would make a natural FS just because he is tall? Vontae would make a better safety. Will Allen however may find himself at safety.

KillerphinsKillerphinsNew Member
Apr 23, 2010, 09:14 PM

"Phins28 wrote:

I think is Will Allen.

I thought Will Allen really had a shot at moving to FS until we lost nate jones our nickel corner.
WA probably takes over that spot now

byroanbyroanAdministrator
Apr 23, 2010, 09:14 PM

Could be thinking Atogwe after June 1st.

Tin IndianTin IndianForum Veteran
Apr 23, 2010, 09:14 PM

Clemons has tons of speed, maybe he has come on in the offseason. One can only hope because they have done nothing to address FS so far.

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.

CapsCapsForum Veteran
Apr 23, 2010, 09:15 PM

Sean Smith, despite his size and in my opinion, is too soft to play safety. The only explanations that make sense are we either believe in Culver/Clemmons to step up, we're moving Will Allen to FS, or we like our chances to sign Darren Sharper or Atogwe.

princekong2princekong2New Member
Apr 23, 2010, 09:16 PM

I still havent given up hope on Chris Clemons I mean just look at that hair! lol
Sign Darren Sharper 1 year sharper will Sharpen (No pun intended) Clemons Skills

CANEPHINSCANEPHINSForum Veteran
Apr 23, 2010, 09:17 PM

So Will Allen is going to play behind Bell?

byroanbyroanAdministrator
Apr 23, 2010, 09:19 PM

We could go with another Utah prospect next, Robert Johnson.

DHPVWDHPVWNew Member
Apr 23, 2010, 09:46 PM

Smith won't be moving to safety. If we don't pick up Sharper, I think Clemons will get his chance. That or I'm ok with moving Allen back and seeing what he can do

CrunchTimeCrunchTimeRetired Admin
Apr 23, 2010, 09:55 PM

"byroan wrote:

Could be thinking Atogwe after June 1st.

I agree we have something up our sleeve.We are apparently not showing much urgency in filling the position in the draft.

And BTW there are rumors they will be moving Jason Allen back to safety......again.:lol:

NorFlaFinNorFlaFinForum Veteran
Apr 23, 2010, 10:11 PM

Myron Rolle in the 5th

SCSCPhinFanNew Member
Apr 23, 2010, 10:12 PM

"Finsanity wrote:

Probably why they are not addressing it. They had Earl Thomas right there but decided to go in another direction. Maybe the best kinda of coverage is a great pass rush.

Not happening. Our safety needs to be able to tackle.

PSGPSGForum Veteran
Apr 23, 2010, 10:13 PM

"byroan wrote:

Could be thinking Atogwe after June 1st.

This is what I have been saying all offseason.
As more time passes and we don't address FS, the more I'm convinced Atogwe will be a Dolphin sometime in June.

Vengeful OdinVengeful OdinForum Veteran
Apr 23, 2010, 10:14 PM

We have nothing to worry about at FS. We have Jason Allen on the roster.

Vengeful OdinVengeful OdinForum Veteran
Apr 23, 2010, 10:15 PM

"NorFlaFin wrote:

Myron Rolle in the 5th

Rolle is a SS in the NFL IMO.

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Apr 24, 2010, 05:58 AM

"Mrtree wrote:

Why does anyone think a guy whose main isssue is tackling would make a natural FS just because he is tall? Vontae would make a better safety. Will Allen however may find himself at safety.

I agree. I wonder how many more times the suggestion to move Smith to FS will rear it's ugly head?

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Apr 24, 2010, 06:01 AM

"CANEPHINS wrote:

So Will Allen is going to play behind Bell?

There are two safety positions. Bell plays strong safety. All the suggestions to move a corner to safety are referring to free safety.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

NaboCaneNaboCaneNew Member
Apr 24, 2010, 06:18 AM

SESeanPSupporter
Apr 24, 2010, 07:45 AM

After watching that int he made in the preseason against the saints, Smith needs to stay at corner. Give him some more time to break into the position at the NFL level. Because if we've got a guy who can pull ints like that out of his *** at free will, I would rather him be stuck to the receiver like glue, than roaming the backfield. That's the kind of thing that makes QBs think twice.

Now thats assuming it wasn't just a fluke, but from what I remember he had a highlight reel with all sorts of those catches.

cdz12250cdz12250Supporter
Apr 24, 2010, 07:57 AM

"Vengeful Odin wrote:

We have nothing to worry about at FS. We have Jason Allen on the roster.

You may be joking, VO, but no one is so stupid that he can't learn a position in five years, and his physical abilities were never in question. Maybe with Nolan the light goes on for him.