Official Florida Gators Thread

2304 repliesLocked

Get Up And GoGet Up And GoNew Member
Dec 17, 2008, 02:01 PM

"DonShula84 wrote:

Only if you want to be disappointed in a few years when he's on the ND sideline :shifty::wink2:

:lol:

Dec 17, 2008, 03:42 PM

I saw on ESPN that Dan Mullen will be our OC for the game, congrats to him though

IF he can win at ND he'd be a legend though. That's a hard thing to pass up, especially when it's a place he already loves.

It'll happen eventually

:rofl:

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

Dec 17, 2008, 08:15 PM

"Frumundah Finnatic wrote:

:rofl:

He doesnt say the things he's said if he doesnt still think about the ND job in the back of his head. :yes::wink2:

Dec 17, 2008, 08:22 PM

"DonShula84 wrote:

He doesnt say the things he's said if he doesnt still think about the ND job in the back of his head. :yes::wink2:

TBH It wouldnt suprise me to see him there in 10+ years from now, There's only so much he can do down here afterall before he wants a new challenge.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Dec 17, 2008, 09:41 PM

"DonShula84 wrote:

He doesnt say the things he's said if he doesnt still think about the ND job in the back of his head. :yes::wink2:

He pretty much said that he hears about the job 400-500 times and that he says those things to be nice. Urban Meyer is home.

Dec 18, 2008, 01:22 AM

"Skeet84 wrote:

He pretty much said that he hears about the job 400-500 times and that he says those things to be nice. Urban Meyer is home.

As a Dolphin fan you'd think you would have learned your lesson about being sure about what a coach will do lol. :wink2:

Meyer loves ND, his family commitments got him to go to Florida; his own words. When his family is no longer an issue, if ND's job is open, not sure how anyone can say with confidence that he wouldnt at the very least listen to what ND has to say.

CrunchTimeCrunchTimeRetired Admin
Dec 18, 2008, 01:24 PM

"http://www.palmbeachpost.com/"

Cornelius Ingram officially out of BCS game

It was mighty tempting.
Cornelius Ingram can accelerate, plant and cut on that surgically-repaired left knee, and Urban Meyer certainly fantasizes about all the different ways he could incorporate the 6-foot-4 tight end into the offense.
Ingram caught seven touchdowns in 2007, was supposed to be the top receiving threat this year and could be a first-day selection in this April’s NFL Draft.
But it is still just four months after surgery to repair the ACL in Ingram’s left knee. And CI likely is rusty, having not played live football in a year.
So despite constant inquiries from media, teammates and CI himself, Meyer can’t let him play in the BCS Championship Game.
“I’d love it more than CI would love it, but it’s only 4 months after ACL surgery,” Meyer said. “He looks like a freak that he is, but no.”

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Dec 19, 2008, 01:41 AM

"DonShula84 wrote:

As a Dolphin fan you'd think you would have learned your lesson about being sure about what a coach will do lol. :wink2:

Meyer loves ND, his family commitments got him to go to Florida; his own words. When his family is no longer an issue, if ND's job is open, not sure how anyone can say with confidence that he wouldnt at the very least listen to what ND has to say.

I believe there is a much better chance of him being the Head coach of the Patriots than Notre Dame. Why would he leave Florida when he has everything he would ever want? Besides that his wife likes it there. :wink2:

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Dec 19, 2008, 02:05 AM

Florida has a new commitment. His name is Marsalis Teague CB

Scout.com: Marsalis Teague Profile

Dec 21, 2008, 02:05 PM

"Skeet84 wrote:

I believe there is a much better chance of him being the Head coach of the Patriots than Notre Dame. Why would he leave Florida when he has everything he would ever want? Besides that his wife likes it there. :wink2:

You're choosing to ignore his long ties and love for Notre Dame, that's your choice. I'm not saying he will be the coach of ND, and I dont see it happening soon. But he admits he loves ND and went to Florida because of his family. It doesnt take a huge leap of faith to say he could one day end up at ND based solely on his history with the school and his own comments.

FIfinsincebirthForum Veteran
Dec 22, 2008, 02:45 AM

"DonShula84 wrote:

You're choosing to ignore his long ties and love for Notre Dame, that's your choice. I'm not saying he will be the coach of ND, and I dont see it happening soon. But he admits he loves ND and went to Florida because of his family. It doesnt take a huge leap of faith to say he could one day end up at ND based solely on his history with the school and his own comments.

You do throw up good logic Don. I believe Urban's youngest daughter Gigi is a freshmen in high school this year. So even if Urban stays only long enough for her to graduate, that's 4+ years at UF. If we could get four more years of Urban with 1 maybe 2 sec titles and a few bcs bowls, I wouldn't be hurt if he left. Unless he did it Saban style.

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Dec 22, 2008, 06:26 AM

"DonShula84 wrote:

You're choosing to ignore his long ties and love for Notre Dame, that's your choice. I'm not saying he will be the coach of ND, and I dont see it happening soon. But he admits he loves ND and went to Florida because of his family. It doesnt take a huge leap of faith to say he could one day end up at ND based solely on his history with the school and his own comments.

Not ignoring that at all. I just think that Urban Meyer has found a home in Florida

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Dec 22, 2008, 06:29 AM

Alright guys I know this is not the main thing you want to read about but the Lady Gators deserve some love. They are really battling hard this year. Here is an article about their win v.s. #20 Pitt

Pitt stopped: Women's hoops wins again | GatorSports.com | The Gainesville Sun | Gainesville, FL

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Dec 23, 2008, 06:14 AM

I met Riley Cooper's parents yesterday and to make a long story short they told me Percy Harvin may actually be coming back next year. They said there is an outside chance that Spikes may as well. Now I don't believe it at all, But I thought I would share the news

finattic79finattic79Forum Veteran
Dec 23, 2008, 02:34 PM

"Skeet84 wrote:

I met Riley Cooper's parents yesterday and to make a long story short they told me Percy Harvin may actually be coming back next year. They said there is an outside chance that Spikes may as well. Now I don't believe it at all, But I thought I would share the news

Might not be the greatest idea for both. I know Harvin has had issues with Hip and ankles, might be better getting out when his stock is the highest (though I think if he stays Tebow might be more likely to stay as well. As for Spikes I don't see how he doesn't declare, he is a Top 10 or 15 pick if he comes out this yr. Again would love them both back but don't think it'll happen.

FIfinsincebirthForum Veteran
Dec 24, 2008, 12:58 AM

"finattic79 wrote:

Might not be the greatest idea for both. I know Harvin has had issues with Hip and ankles, might be better getting out when his stock is the highest (though I think if he stays Tebow might be more likely to stay as well. As for Spikes I don't see how he doesn't declare, he is a Top 10 or 15 pick if he comes out this yr. Again would love them both back but don't think it'll happen.

Don't know how much knowledge this really is, but Spikes just moved into a new place. I forget where he said it was but I'm assuming it's an apartment complex, and if so he would had to have gotten some crazy 4 month lease to be able to leave after he gets drafted in april.....idk

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Dec 24, 2008, 06:26 AM

"finattic79 wrote:

Might not be the greatest idea for both. I know Harvin has had issues with Hip and ankles, might be better getting out when his stock is the highest (though I think if he stays Tebow might be more likely to stay as well. As for Spikes I don't see how he doesn't declare, he is a Top 10 or 15 pick if he comes out this yr. Again would love them both back but don't think it'll happen.

Spikes won't be a top 15 pick. He will be a late 1st or early second. We will find out alot more in the combine tho

OboyOboyLuxury Box
Dec 24, 2008, 03:03 PM

I truthfully don't think either one is staying. Then again, I did not think any of the BB team was going to stay also... Yet they ALL did. So who knows...

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Dec 24, 2008, 10:05 PM

"Oboy wrote:

I truthfully don't think either one is staying. Then again, I did not think any of the BB team was going to stay also... Yet they ALL did. So who knows...

I agree that I don't think either will stay. It makes alot of sense for both to go to the NFL tho. However if they stay it could be very special with almost everyone else coming back.

I actually thought that all the BB players would come back. They were all so close and when ever I read quotes from Noah I just got the feeling they would come back. Doubt we will ever see something like that again

FIfinsincebirthForum Veteran
Dec 26, 2008, 09:46 PM

Some updates from Gainesville, as my boss, one of my good customers and myself were talking gators.

1. The customer is friends with a guy that hangs out with Tebow every week. The word is that Percy has stated he is leaving no matter what.

2. As I mentioned earlier Spikes shops at my store and he and my boss are close. He has told me boss that the gator defense is upset Tebow didn't win the Heisman and they are gunning for revenge.

3. He personally guaranteed my boss he's coming back.

Dec 28, 2008, 11:53 PM

"finsincebirth wrote:

Some updates from Gainesville, as my boss, one of my good customers and myself were talking gators.

1. The customer is friends with a guy that hangs out with Tebow every week. The word is that Percy has stated he is leaving no matter what.

2. As I mentioned earlier Spikes shops at my store and he and my boss are close. He has told me boss that the gator defense is upset Tebow didn't win the Heisman and they are gunning for revenge.

3. He personally guaranteed my boss he's coming back.

thanks for the info.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Dec 29, 2008, 06:14 AM

"finsincebirth wrote:

Some updates from Gainesville, as my boss, one of my good customers and myself were talking gators.

1. The customer is friends with a guy that hangs out with Tebow every week. The word is that Percy has stated he is leaving no matter what.

2. As I mentioned earlier Spikes shops at my store and he and my boss are close. He has told me boss that the gator defense is upset Tebow didn't win the Heisman and they are gunning for revenge.

3. He personally guaranteed my boss he's coming back.

This has been everywhere. I think that the Gators are going to try and make a statement v.s. Oklahoma and show the country they made a mistake with the Heisman.

Spikes coming back is hard to swallow. I just can't believe it.

OboyOboyLuxury Box
Dec 29, 2008, 08:30 AM

"Skeet84 wrote:

This has been everywhere. I think that the Gators are going to try and make a statement v.s. Oklahoma and show the country they made a mistake with the Heisman.

Spikes coming back is hard to swallow. I just can't believe it.

me neither, but I HOPE it is true!!

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Dec 29, 2008, 10:38 AM

"Oboy wrote:

me neither, but I HOPE it is true!!

Yes me too!!! :yes:

Former Florida PG/SG will transfer to Texas

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3797068

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Dec 31, 2008, 06:37 AM

This thread is locked.