1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merged: Breaking News: Big Tuna to Dolphins almost Done

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatic8480, Dec 19, 2007.

1. FinaciousOne

FinaciousOne Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    There's a rumor Wayne's plane was sent to pick up Testaverde.:unsure: j/k

2. Dtronic

Dtronic Season Tickets Sec. 150

Dec 7, 2007
    Cape Coral FL
    The best Dolphin news I've heard in YEARS:ffic:

Now Parcells has his dream job. Total control and an owner that won't butt in with deep pockets.

3. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I heard so many nay sayers to Parcells when everyone was wishing...now that it appears that we have a Tuna amongst the Dolphins, I don't hear any of those nay sayers anymore.

I'm still skeptical, but hopeful. If Parcells can get the personnel and the coaching staff that subscribes to HIS style of football, who knows. This is first time working in this capacity. It's not a shoe in guys that the Dolphins are going to be turned around.

Just remember, the more things change, the more they stay the same...and how many changes have the Dolphins been through the last several years and what were the results of those changes?

4. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I don't adhere to that sentiment.

Change is good when it's in the right direction.
    Consistency is only as good as the quality of the consistency.

In addition, it's not like this team has attempted to make rash changes in the past. That is how your painting this scenario and it just isn't the case.

Wayne made an investment in Jimmy J. thinking he'd be a top coach here long term. The Phins had no control over the circumstances that pushed Johnson into retirement.

You want constant?
    Wanny was given a couple years too long because Wayne was following the exact mantra your peddling above.

The Saban hire was another move the Phins believed to be a great one and all believed we had a top coach for the future. No plans on changing things up. Who knew Saban would be too imtimidated by the NFL to stay.

This isn't about wishing for change.
    It's about hoping the team continues to strive to find the best people to run it. If those people aren't in position right now then changing that is in fact a good thing.

5. Milkmoney21

Milkmoney21 New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    "I guess i gotta say it again guys aight im not gonna be the miami coach"saban lol

6. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Good news for sure. I'd say its fairly certain that we will have a GM and headcoach change now as well. Maybe this will light something under the players the last few weeks, they are playing for a paycheck next year. No one is safe on this team and I think thats a good thing.

7. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Wayne may yet be remembered as a fortuitous overlord, whose undaunted resolve, ultimately reaped the rewards of a benevolent wallet.
    He may not know football, But I do admire his uncanny ability, to get them to sign on the dotted line.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  8. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
  9. CTFinFan

CTFinFan New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Windsor, CT
    Greeny had an interesting scenario this morning. He suggested that BP's first call would be to Cleveland to find out what they want for Quinn. This offseason is going to be so much fun!!!

10. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hmm, The Browns don't have a first round pick, I was thinking it would be Quinn and their first rounder, for the first overall pick. But then again where does that leave Beck, I don't wanna throw away another second round pick on a QB.

11. andyahs

andyahs New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Let's leave Quinn alone please....:glare:

12. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    SHHHHHHSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk like this will let OHIOBRYAN find us again.

13. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    We don't want Quinn. And we don't want to trade our picks.

14. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Why isn't this topic pinned? PROBABLY THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO THE DOLPHINS SINCE WE DRAFTED RONNIE BROWN!