Melvin Gordon

16 replies

Alex13Alex13SupporterOP
Nov 15, 2014, 06:28 PM

just broke the FBS record for most rushing yards in a game with 408 yards, 2 more than LT

25 rushes 408 and 4 TD's

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Nov 15, 2014, 06:32 PM

Thats ****ing insane

Alex44Alex44New Member
Nov 15, 2014, 06:33 PM

Best HB since Adrian Peterson IMO.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

Alex13Alex13Supporter
Nov 15, 2014, 07:16 PM

"Alex44 wrote:

Best HB since Adrian Peterson IMO.

i know its stupid to say that after this performance, but he looks like he has no 6th gear, anyone knows his 40 time ?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000360045/article/film-room-whos-better-melvin-gordon-or-todd-gurley

bucky brooks calls him a speed demon, again after 408 yards it looks stupid but he had like 5 runs over 30 yards today and he got caught from behind on 4 of them

Alex44Alex44New Member
Nov 15, 2014, 07:30 PM

"Alex13 wrote:

i know its stupid to say that after this performance, but he looks like he has no 6th gear, anyone knows his 40 time ?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000360045/article/film-room-whos-better-melvin-gordon-or-todd-gurley

bucky brooks calls him a speed demon, again after 408 yards it looks stupid but he had like 5 runs over 30 yards today and he got caught from behind on 4 of them

He's not ridiculously fast. However I think pure speed is one of the most overrated attributes in a HB. I don't need my HB to be faster than corners, I need him to run over corners and outrun safeties. I think Gordon is fine for that. His strength-speed combo on the field is ridiculous. Gurley is right there with him. Maybe I should say best two backs since AP.

Not sure on his 40 though.

EDIT: NFL Draft scout has his low at 4.42 and his high at 4.62

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=119818&draftyear=2016&genpos=RB

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

jpep13jpep13Supporter
Nov 15, 2014, 07:53 PM

He did this in 3 Quarters

"Alex13 wrote:

just broke the FBS record for most rushing yards in a game with 408 yards, 2 more than LT

25 rushes 408 and 4 TD's

FIFin4EverSupporter
Nov 17, 2014, 12:35 PM

WOW...This guy just continues to impress but Wisconsin TB's scare me when it comes time to put it together in the NFL. Monte Ball comes to mind right off the bat. However Gurley plays against SEC Defense every week but sadly with a torn ACL he will drop in draft because he will miss most of next season.

FIFin4EverSupporter
Nov 17, 2014, 12:36 PM

I still like Devon Johnson from Marshall and Duke Johnson from Miami.

Alex44Alex44New Member
Nov 17, 2014, 12:55 PM

"Fin4Ever wrote:

WOW...This guy just continues to impress but Wisconsin TB's scare me when it comes time to put it together in the NFL. Monte Ball comes to mind ri fg ht off the bat. Howeber Gurley plays against SEC Defense every week but sadly with a torn ACL he will drop in draft because he will miss most of next season.

Yep, a Willis McGahee situation. Honestly if he fell to the second or third I'd take him still.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

FIFin4EverSupporter
Nov 17, 2014, 12:56 PM

Oh, me too Alex

FIFin4EverSupporter
Nov 17, 2014, 12:57 PM

I hope he did not have as much damage as Willis did.

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Nov 22, 2014, 07:19 PM

Someone needs to make another thread for another RB...

FIFin4EverSupporter
Nov 29, 2014, 11:46 AM

Don't get me wrong..I would be extremely happy with Gordon.

Laces OutLaces OutNew Member
Dec 12, 2014, 01:56 AM

I would take MG in a heartbeat. But keep in mind, his record setting game was set against Bo 'I didn't forget how to stop the run' Pelini. And it was broken by a tailback from OU a week later. I am so glad as a Nebraska fan that we canned that clown.

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Dec 12, 2014, 03:31 AM

Todd Gurley > Melvin Gordon IMO

CrunchTimeCrunchTimeRetired Admin
Jan 1, 2015, 05:18 PM

Impressive performance against Auburn today but then again the laters defense sucks which is why they hired Will Muschamp for next year.

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Jan 1, 2015, 05:22 PM

"CrunchTime wrote:

Impressive performance against Auburn today but then again the laters defense sucks which is why they hired Will Muschamp for next year.

Granted the defense isn't very good, but they knew Melvin was going to get the ball the whole game, they stacked the box and it still didn't matter.