Hello Northern Virginia and DC! (???)

14 replies

CAcaptsyraNew MemberOP
Aug 19, 2010, 06:44 PM

Hello everyone! We've just relocated to Norhern Virginia and were wondering if there might be a group around somewhere where the DOL-FANS go to see the games. My husband and I grew up in South FL and we're die hard Dol-fans! Are there any Northern Virginians in the group who like to go see the games?? :)

CrunchTimeCrunchTimeRetired Admin
Aug 19, 2010, 08:49 PM

Welcome the site.I hope someone responds to your question.

BigDogsHuntBigDogsHuntNew Member
Aug 19, 2010, 09:05 PM

Welcome, we have several fans in the DC Metro area....and working on getting together for @ BAL, however, as you know DC Metro is a rather large area and no one place is a gathering place per se for all of us.

This site is it, and we all seem to be HOME or local Bar/Pub/Tavern viewers, etc on any weekly basis....including online here via CHAT for game day, or streaming video if you dont have NFL network or head to local watering hole that day.

BDH -

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

Jimmy V. (Mar '93)

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Aug 19, 2010, 10:29 PM

Welcome to the board :)

dolfan7171dolfan7171New Member
Aug 19, 2010, 10:55 PM

Welcome to the site.

Win, Lose, or Tie, I will be a Dolphins Fan Until I Die:up:

baboo72baboo72New Member
Aug 20, 2010, 10:17 AM

Welcome aboard


Thanks In_Flames for my amazing sig!

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Aug 20, 2010, 03:27 PM

Welcome to Northern VA and ThePhins! Pretty much what BigDog said. What area of Northern Virginia are you located? There aren't exactly any "Dolphin" bars that I've found, but there are some cool places to see games. Before I got Sunday Ticket I would go to Southside or Bugsy's in Old Town or The Bungallow in Springfield. All decent places to catch the game.

I also hope to get to that Baltimore game.

PhinsFanWifePhinsFanWifeNew Member
Aug 20, 2010, 11:49 PM

"captsyra wrote:

Hello everyone! We've just relocated to Norhern Virginia and were wondering if there might be a group around somewhere where the DOL-FANS go to see the games. My husband and I grew up in South FL and we're die hard Dol-fans! Are there any Northern Virginians in the group who like to go see the games?? :)

Hi! We used to live in No. Va. There is a bar in downtown DC called "Mr. Days," and they show multiple games simultaneously on many screens. Fun place - gets rowdy for games.

Grevey's is a restaurant in Merrifield, VA -- take 50E exit from Route 66 -- primarily a "Bills" bar, but they also show other games if/when Bills are not playing. Again, fun place for a game.

Also, the restaurant chain "Damons" shows games on three or four screens -- plus each table has an individual "speaker" where you can turn on the volume for the game you want to watch. We went to the Damons in Springfield (very near the Franconia Metro station - just down the road). Die-hards here, too -- lots of fun.

Hope this helps!

AbideN703AbideN703New Member
Aug 21, 2010, 01:16 PM

"PhinsFanWife wrote:

Hi! We used to live in No. Va. There is a bar in downtown DC called "Mr. Days," and they show multiple games simultaneously on many screens. Fun place - gets rowdy for games.

Grevey's is a restaurant in Merrifield, VA -- take 50E exit from Route 66 -- primarily a "Bills" bar, but they also show other games if/when Bills are not playing. Again, fun place for a game.

Also, the restaurant chain "Damons" shows games on three or four screens -- plus each table has an individual "speaker" where you can turn on the volume for the game you want to watch. We went to the Damons in Springfield (very near the Franconia Metro station - just down the road). Die-hards here, too -- lots of fun.

Hope this helps!

Damon's was one of my favorite places to go but they don't operate in Virginia anymore. I think the closest one to where I'm at is Arundel Mills Malls up near Baltimore.

AbideN703AbideN703New Member
Aug 21, 2010, 01:17 PM

"captsyra wrote:

Hello everyone! We've just relocated to Norhern Virginia and were wondering if there might be a group around somewhere where the DOL-FANS go to see the games. My husband and I grew up in South FL and we're die hard Dol-fans! Are there any Northern Virginians in the group who like to go see the games?? :)

Welcome to the board! When you find out the answer to your question let me know, I'm looking for some good places to see the games in this area too :hi5:

finyank13finyank13New Member
Aug 23, 2010, 09:48 AM

Welcome..transplanted SoFo's....

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

CAcaptsyraNew Member
Aug 26, 2010, 06:09 PM

Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome and all of the responses!! We live in South Riding and were hoping to find a Dolphin friendly place!! :) It's a shame about Damons, the speaker on the table sounds great! However I did find a little place in South Riding that plays games and they have a speaker on on the table as well, so I think we might try there. I think it's called South Riding Inn, but it's a small place, so we'll see! Are there any Dolphin fans out near us in South Riding on this site??

BigDogsHuntBigDogsHuntNew Member
Aug 26, 2010, 06:34 PM

"captsyra wrote:

Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome and all of the responses!! We live in South Riding and were hoping to find a Dolphin friendly place!! :) It's a shame about Damons, the speaker on the table sounds great! However I did find a little place in South Riding that plays games and they have a speaker on on the table as well, so I think we might try there. I think it's called South Riding Inn, but it's a small place, so we'll see! Are there any Dolphin fans out near us in South Riding on this site??

Yup, I know the South Riding (South Riding Inn) area well.....do a search on "Glory Days" bar/restaurants.

http://www.glorydaysgrill.com/#locations/virginia/stone-ridge-south-riding

http://www.glorydaysgrill.com/#game-time/speaker-boxes

They do the whole "speaker" at your table thing...and have several locations near you. Also, several other spots in and around the Reston/Centreville area will suit your needs for sure.:up:

BDH -

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

Jimmy V. (Mar '93)

RavfinRavfinNew Member
Oct 2, 2010, 09:20 PM

I live in northen virginia too! glad to see another fan here

UAuab_phinNew Member
Jan 14, 2011, 01:05 AM

Good to see another NoVa person on here, I'm from the Prince William/Manassas area. I'm currently not up there due to school, but I love the Crystal City Pub up in Arlington it's a great place to watch a game. I watched the Dolphins beat up on Brett Farve and the Jets there 2 years ago, great atmosphere.