Florida offensive coordinator Dan Mullen is the new head coach at Mississippi State
7 replies
This has been confirmed by three different sources now, and an official announcement will probably come later today.
So, a question to the Florida fans. What should I expect from this guy as the new head coach at my alma mater? I know the scheme he runs at Florida, but I also know that Florida's talent makes that scheme what it is. What are the chances that he will be able to adjust his scheme to fit Mississippi State talent, or that he will be able to take some aspects of his scheme and place them into a more traditional offense that has two backs and a tight end?
"KB21 wrote:
This has been confirmed by three different sources now, and an official announcement will probably come later today.
So, a question to the Florida fans. What should I expect from this guy as the new head coach at my alma mater? I know the scheme he runs at Florida, but I also know that Florida's talent makes that scheme what it is. What are the chances that he will be able to adjust his scheme to fit Mississippi State talent, or that he will be able to take some aspects of his scheme and place them into a more traditional offense that has two backs and a tight end?
I don't know. Its very hard to tell what he will do with less talent. I mean he has always been with Meyer and Meyer is the true brians behind the operation. I will tell you that you will get a guy that can recruit and high morals kind of guy. It will take a few years to do anything at Miss. St.
I truly think this is a Huge mistake by Dan Mullen. He could have waited and put in a much better position than he will be at Miss. St.


Here is a link
Gator Clause
Florida offensive coordinator Dan Mullen will be introduced as the new coach at Mississippi State on Wednesday, according to ESPN's Pat Forde, who cited unnamed sources in his report. CLICK ME! The Jackson Clarion-Ledger first broke the story. Attempts to reach Mullen on Wednesday afternoon were unsuccessful. On Sunday, Mullen said that rumors linking him to the head coaching vacancy at Mississippi State were not true. UF coach Dan Mullen also side-stepped a question about Mullen being a finalist for the head coaching position at Mississippi State.
A flight from Gainesville to Starkville, Miss., is schedule to land in the small Mississippi town at 3:54 p.m., according to flightaware.com
Sorry to see him go.Most of all I hope there is no friction between Muller and Meyer before the big game .We need total concentration on preparing for the game
Dan Mullen is already in Starkville, MS, and there is some talk that he will go ahead and start on his new job and not finish the season with Florida.
My concern is whether he will try to install exactly what Florida runs, or if he will change it to fit what we have at MSU? I don't believe the spread offense will work at MSU, because the spread is designed to get your athletes in one on one situations that they can win. Well, we don't have the athletes to win those one on one situations at MSU.
I'm not 100% in agreement with this hiring. I believe that Jackie Sherrill told the nation how to win at MSU, and our new, young athletic director is looking at all the glitz of the spread offenses that Florida and Oklahoma run and has decided that we should run that here. IMO, to win at Mississippi State, you have to be a power oriented running team on offense, play strong defense, and win in the kicking game. What some of my fellow fans at MSU don't realize is that if we had a kicker worth a crap, we would have won 7 games this past season despite the fact that our offense was terrible.
"KB21 wrote:
Dan Mullen is already in Starkville, MS, and there is some talk that he will go ahead and start on his new job and not finish the season with Florida.
My concern is whether he will try to install exactly what Florida runs, or if he will change it to fit what we have at MSU? I don't believe the spread offense will work at MSU, because the spread is designed to get your athletes in one on one situations that they can win. Well, we don't have the athletes to win those one on one situations at MSU.
I'm not 100% in agreement with this hiring. I believe that Jackie Sherrill told the nation how to win at MSU, and our new, young athletic director is looking at all the glitz of the spread offenses that Florida and Oklahoma run and has decided that we should run that here. IMO, to win at Mississippi State, you have to be a power oriented running team on offense, play strong defense, and win in the kicking game. What some of my fellow fans at MSU don't realize is that if we had a kicker worth a crap, we would have won 7 games this past season despite the fact that our offense was terrible.
Get Ducre the ball, and have Carrol be a game manager (similar to John Parker Wilson).
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
"Stitches wrote:
Get Ducre the ball, and have Carrol be a game manager (similar to John Parker Wilson).
Wesley Carroll is transferring to Florida International.
"KB21 wrote:
Wesley Carroll is transferring to Florida International.
Really? Damn.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
Terrible timing by Mullen, why couldn't he have the decency to wait until the end of the season to create this distraction. Not right before the biggest game of the season. And if it's true he might not finish coaching, then I lose all respect for the man. This could have a major impact not only on the game, but also on Tim Tebow's decision regarding the draft. Now that Mullen is gone I think Tebow leaves.
