Film Study: How Dolphins exposed Pats' poor schemes
19 replies
Nice little breakdown here. Old news now I guess but always worth revisiting :up:
If you're wondering how the Dolphins defeated the Patriots 33-20 last week in the season opener, all you need to do is watch the tape to see that it was Miami winning both lines -- the oldest football mantra out there
I though it was because we got the play calls from the Pats player that was cut and we picked up.:wink2:
Just kidding.The dominant line play was the biggest factor but so was the game planning,halftime adjustments etc.
I love what the Dolphins did here, flipping right tackle Ja'Wuan James to the left side and moving left tackle Branden Albert outside of him for an unbalanced look to that side
love reading that. didn't pick that up while watching the game.
The Dolphins loaded up the left side with Cameron Wake and Olivier Vernon. (NFL Game Rewind)
..and then doing it on defense. have to give some credit to the gameplanning to the coaches. it may not last, but I think they did a pretty nice job last week.
and watching Wake and Vernon doing the simultaneous spin move on the sack. football fan heaven
testing
The simultaneous end spins to the inside on this play...

In all seriousness:

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
"54Fins wrote:
Nice little breakdown here. Old news now I guess but always worth revisiting :up:
Great read. Thanks. There were some things I did not notice.
.
That's the first I really watched OV's sack. That was a nice move.
Hmmmm, I dint hear Vince Wilfork or Jerold mayos name all game..
Wilfork is a fat ass.

"77FinFan wrote:
That's the first I really watched OV's sack. That was a nice move.
"djphinfan wrote:
Hmmmm, I dint hear Vince Wilfork or Jerold mayos name all game..
Wilfork is a fat ass.
@ DJ: I'm almost disappointed that this is what you posted to follow up the above post...
smh.
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
"djphinfan wrote:
Hmmmm, I dint hear Vince Wilfork or Jerold mayos name all game..
Wilfork is a fat ass.
I thought he looked pretty good for an old guy coming off a torn achilles. That's a nasty injury.
"DPlus47 wrote:
I thought he looked pretty good for an old guy coming off a torn achilles. That's a nasty injury.
He looked ridiculous..unacceptable even..to think you can carry that much weight with a lower leg injury that severe is stupidity ego and laziness at it's finest.

"djphinfan wrote:
He looked ridiculous..unacceptable even..to think you can carry that much weight with a lower leg injury that severe is stupidity ego and laziness at it's finest.
Okay we get it deej. You find it difficult to fap to Wilfork's physique. We get it already.
Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
"Ohio Fanatic wrote:
love reading that. didn't pick that up while watching the game.
..and then doing it on defense. have to give some credit to the gameplanning to the coaches. it may not last, but I think they did a pretty nice job last week.
and watching Wake and Vernon doing the simultaneous spin move on the sack. football fan heaven
I did not notice the one play with the unbalanced line either, until I watched it a second time. Then as the play was unfolding, I'm wondering how did #70 get way over there to be blocking? So, a quite rewind showed him lined up between Albert and College. The Pats didn't appear to adjust their defense at all presnap.
“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
Game inside the Game and why the patsies were caught off guard:
Previously, DL Coach Rodgers HATED the spin move as being to easy to block, Cam Wake back in the day used to talk about the spin move being the cockroach move b/c if you tried it you'd end up flat on your back with your legs and arms in the air like a cockroach
"padre31 wrote:
Game inside the Game and why the patsies were caught off guard:
Previously, DL Coach Rodgers HATED the spin move as being to easy to block, Cam Wake back in the day used to talk about the spin move being the cockroach move b/c if you tried it you'd end up flat on your back with your legs and arms in the air like a cockroach
I heard a guy talking up Todd Bowles, and how he is going to be a head coach next year. That if that happens he is going to make Rodgers his defensive coordinator.
I would be happy for Rodgers, but I would hate that. He is such a good coach.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"padre31 wrote:
Game inside the Game and why the patsies were caught off guard:
Previously, DL Coach Rodgers HATED the spin move as being to easy to block, Cam Wake back in the day used to talk about the spin move being the cockroach move b/c if you tried it you'd end up flat on your back with your legs and arms in the air like a cockroach
Like your sig pic of McCain. With those white sleeves, he'll always be easy to spot in a scrum. :) Did Bryan Cox wear white long sleeves under his jersey back in the day? I remember for sure that Danny Stubbs did, but seems like we had one other front 7 guy who did too. Gene Atkins did sometimes too, as I recall. Remember one game in 96 or so, I think against Sealth, he ended up with one sleeve torn off by the end of the game. Remember him trying to futilely catch his man in coverage as he ran for the winning TD late in the 4th or in OT. Can picture Atkins giving chase, one sleeved arm and one bare. Wasn't that way to start the game.
“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
"lmeister3 wrote:
The simultaneous end spins to the inside on this play...
Clearly Odrick missed the message for everyone to do a spin.
Vern with that game does not make it easier for Dion Jordan at 275 to take reps from..

"MrClean wrote:
Like your sig pic of McCain. With those white sleeves, he'll always be easy to spot in a scrum. :) Did Bryan Cox wear white long sleeves under his jersey back in the day? I remember for sure that Danny Stubbs did, but seems like we had one other front 7 guy who did too. Gene Atkins did sometimes too, as I recall. Remember one game in 96 or so, I think against Sealth, he ended up with one sleeve torn off by the end of the game. Remember him trying to futilely catch his man in coverage as he ran for the winning TD late in the 4th or in OT. Can picture Atkins giving chase, one sleeved arm and one bare. Wasn't that way to start the game.
Can recall Stubbs doing so, and Bryan Cox, seemed like one of the mid 90's guys did as well, like Mixon or Brommel.
From an over view, this D does remind me of JJ/Wanny's old squads, DLmen who can really move and 2 DT's who can clog the middle, heck even Jenkins could have played on that team
Trusnik could be Del Rio..we do need a Zach Thomas though.
Shula's reign was so long in Miami, our 2nd winningest Coach is Wanny with what 44 wins?
IIRC
Shula
Wanny
JJ
Sparano
Philbin
"Springveldt wrote:
Clearly Odrick missed the message for everyone to do a spin.
Bust!
:shifty:
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
It actually does remind me quite a bit of the late 90s Dolphins. You had a pass rushing DT at the 3 technique, you had a powerful prime DT in Bowens (That guy was awesome), you had two pass rushing DEs that were relatively light but could get it done (Armstrong-Taylor) and you had Bromell/Mixon off the bench and some backup DTs that were solid as well.
It does need a Zach Thomas. This time though it should have a SLB that can really put pressure as well (McCain).
Bring this man back into the fold if you want some real leadership on this team.
