Every stinkin' news article in the world!

44 repliesLocked

ZodZodNew MemberOP
Jul 24, 2008, 12:58 PM

Let me apologize before I offend you.

"I'm sorry."

With that out of the way, let me clear my throat. I started clicking this website again after I realized that many of my fellow Dolfans were moving from the other site. I figured, "what the heck, those are the people with which I enjoy conversation anyway." So I bookmarked this site and clicked on it every day. Some of the time I couldn't find anything worth discussing. Some of the time I didn't have the time to comment. The one thing I did get was what I always wanted to know from a message board. What are the fans thinking? I don't get that here any more. There was a day that I got it. That was before the move before the move (inside joke I guess).

The issue:

On any given day you click on Miami Dolphins Discussion 15-17 of 20 threads are newspaper articles or blogs. I have no problem with newspaper articles nor blogs. Some are entertaining and some are not. The problem that I have is that this site has become a constant link to articles and blogs from pinheads.

I do not even click on my Herald, Sun-Sentinel, or Post bookmarks any longer. I mean who wants there news from a hater, a former tennis reporter, and someone who always asks for YOUR response to a querry generated through a marketing ploy. I may be in the minority but I have found nothing interesting from these people other than their Q and A with a coach or GM. Players have become so guarded that they do not give you any insight in an interview. The thing you get from ALL of the articles are talking points. For some reason, this site seems to be led by the horns following pinheads' talking points. Why? Do YOU not have a brain? Can you not bring up a topic with your own thoughts? Are your thoughts not worthy of discussion?

I've got a suggestion. It may be hated. It may not. At the very least I thought of something FOR MYSELF. This is a Miami Dolphins Fans message board. This particular forum is for Miami Dolphins discussion. Are our fans original thoughts not worth but 3 of 20 threads on the first page of the forum? Please do not tell me to click to page two because I will only find 5 topics among 20 brought to topic BY A FAN. My suggestion for links at this point would be to have it's own forum as it has become a constant barage. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry is linked in this forum. At this point, all Peter King has to do is fart something that sounds like "Dolphins" and it's linked.

There....I've said my thoughts. I've had it on my chest for quite a while now. You can proceed to kill my thought or concur. At the very least it's worth discussion as it was actually brought to the forefront by a fan on a fans message board.......

PhinishLinePhinishLineSupporter
Jul 24, 2008, 01:02 PM

"Zod wrote:

Let me apologize before I offend you.

"I'm sorry."

With that out of the way, let me clear my throat. I started clicking this website again after I realized that many of my fellow Dolfans were moving from the other site. I figured, "what the heck, those are the people with which I enjoy conversation anyway." So I bookmarked this site and clicked on it every day. Some of the time I couldn't find anything worth discussing. Some of the time I didn't have the time to comment. The one thing I did get was what I always wanted to know from a message board. What are the fans thinking? I don't get that here any more. There was a day that I got it. That was before the move before the move (inside joke I guess).

The issue:

On any given day you click on Miami Dolphins Discussion 15-17 of 20 threads are newspaper articles or blogs. I have no problem with newspaper articles nor blogs. Some are entertaining and some are not. The problem that I have is that this site has become a constant link to articles and blogs from pinheads.

I do not even click on my Herald, Sun-Sentinel, or Post bookmarks any longer. I mean who wants there news from a hater, a former tennis reporter, and someone who always asks for YOUR response to a querry generated through a marketing ploy. I may be in the minority but I have found nothing interesting from these people other than their Q and A with a coach or GM. Players have become so guarded that they do not give you any insight in an interview. The thing you get from ALL of the articles are talking points. For some reason, this site seems to be led by the horns following pinheads' talking points. Why? Do YOU not have a brain? Can you not bring up a topic with your own thoughts? Are your thoughts not worthy of discussion?

I've got a suggestion. It may be hated. It may not. At the very least I thought of something FOR MYSELF. This is a Miami Dolphins Fans message board. This particular forum is for Miami Dolphins discussion. Are our fans original thoughts not worth but 3 of 20 threads on the first page of the forum? Please do not tell me to click to page two because I will only find 5 topics among 20 brought to topic BY A FAN. My suggestion for links at this point would be to have it's own forum as it has become a constant barage. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry is linked in this forum. At this point, all Peter King has to do is fart something that sounds like "Dolphins" and it's linked.

There....I've said my thoughts. I've had it on my chest for quite a while now. You can proceed to kill my thought or concur. At the very least it's worth discussion as it was actually brought to the forefront by a fan on a fans message board.......

Be strong man...TC begins in a few days. Try and hold it together.

Dolphins Football. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury Box
Jul 24, 2008, 01:08 PM

"Zod wrote:

Let me apologize before I offend you.

"I'm sorry."

With that out of the way, let me clear my throat. I started clicking this website again after I realized that many of my fellow Dolfans were moving from the other site. I figured, "what the heck, those are the people with which I enjoy conversation anyway." So I bookmarked this site and clicked on it every day. Some of the time I couldn't find anything worth discussing. Some of the time I didn't have the time to comment. The one thing I did get was what I always wanted to know from a message board. What are the fans thinking? I don't get that here any more. There was a day that I got it. That was before the move before the move (inside joke I guess).

The issue:

On any given day you click on Miami Dolphins Discussion 15-17 of 20 threads are newspaper articles or blogs. I have no problem with newspaper articles nor blogs. Some are entertaining and some are not. The problem that I have is that this site has become a constant link to articles and blogs from pinheads.

I do not even click on my Herald, Sun-Sentinel, or Post bookmarks any longer. I mean who wants there news from a hater, a former tennis reporter, and someone who always asks for YOUR response to a querry generated through a marketing ploy. I may be in the minority but I have found nothing interesting from these people other than their Q and A with a coach or GM. Players have become so guarded that they do not give you any insight in an interview. The thing you get from ALL of the articles are talking points. For some reason, this site seems to be led by the horns following pinheads' talking points. Why? Do YOU not have a brain? Can you not bring up a topic with your own thoughts? Are your thoughts not worthy of discussion?

I've got a suggestion. It may be hated. It may not. At the very least I thought of something FOR MYSELF. This is a Miami Dolphins Fans message board. This particular forum is for Miami Dolphins discussion. Are our fans original thoughts not worth but 3 of 20 threads on the first page of the forum? Please do not tell me to click to page two because I will only find 5 topics among 20 brought to topic BY A FAN. My suggestion for links at this point would be to have it's own forum as it has become a constant barage. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry is linked in this forum. At this point, all Peter King has to do is fart something that sounds like "Dolphins" and it's linked.

There....I've said my thoughts. I've had it on my chest for quite a while now. You can proceed to kill my thought or concur. At the very least it's worth discussion as it was actually brought to the forefront by a fan on a fans message board.......

First off brother this was not posted in the correct forum. Members have there opinions, some prefer to just read, then post. I know in my life I don't always have time to read the local papers, and greatly appreciate the posts from the local papers.


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!

inFINSibleinFINSibleForum Veteran
Jul 24, 2008, 01:11 PM

I don't think he was calling us pinheads, FFIC, I think he meant all the pinhead journalists who know less than most of us about the Miami Dolphins.

He wants to see more original thoughts and content from us. :)

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury Box
Jul 24, 2008, 01:13 PM

"inFINSible wrote:

I don't think he was calling us pinheads, FFIC, I think he meant all the pinhead journalists who know less than most of us about the Miami Dolphins.

He wants to see more original thoughts and content from us. :)

Thanks Darin, edit made.:up:


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!

ZodZodNew Member
Jul 24, 2008, 01:16 PM

"Fin Fan In Cali wrote:

First off brother this was not posted in the correct forum. Secondly our members are not pinheads.

First, the post was about that forum. I did have some question as to if it deserved to be in the main forum but it fit the point of "There is a ton of crap that doesn't belong in this forum." Just my opinion.......

Second, reread the post. No member was called a pinhead. That is unless the linked articles authors are members. If they are members then I would question why the article was not submitted as a post at ThePhins.com.

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury Box
Jul 24, 2008, 01:20 PM

"Zod wrote:

First, the post was about that forum. I did have some question as to if it deserved to be in the main forum but it fit the point of "There is a ton of crap that doesn't belong in this forum." Just my opinion.......

Second, reread the post. No member was called a pinhead. That is unless the linked articles authors are members. If they are members then I would question why the article was not submitted as a post at ThePhins.com.

I got the pinhead comment mistaken. I apologize. :wink2: If you disagree with the writers, do you leave your thoughts in comments to show your difference of opinion?


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!

inFINSibleinFINSibleForum Veteran
Jul 24, 2008, 01:27 PM

Zod, there's a link right between contribute and join club level in the upper nav bar...it's blogs from members of this site....maybe you'll find some original thought there....

http://forums.thephins.com/blog.php

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Jul 24, 2008, 01:28 PM

"Zod wrote:

At this point, all Peter King has to do is fart something that sounds like "Dolphins" and it's linked.

Which makes us more efficient than Google.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

ZodZodNew Member
Jul 24, 2008, 01:30 PM

"Fin Fan In Cali wrote:

I got the pinhead comment mistaken. I apologize. :wink2: If you disagree with the writers, do you leave your thoughts in comments to show your difference of opinion?

There was a time when we were so information starved that just a media mention was worth discussion. It is my contention that this no longer the case. To answer your question directly - No, I do not respond. I do not respond because I no longer click links. As a matter of fact, I no longer click on posts before screening posts for links in the first couple of sentences. If I find a link, I do not click.

Why? Mostly because I do not think Peter King's fart that sounded like "Dolphins" deserves to be read......

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury Box
Jul 24, 2008, 01:36 PM

"Zod wrote:

There was a time when we were so information starved that just a media mention was worth discussion. It is my contention that this no longer the case. To answer your question directly - No, I do not respond. I do not respond because I no longer click links. As a matter of fact, I no longer click on posts before screening posts for links in the first couple of sentences. If I find a link, I do not click.

Why? Mostly because I do not think Peter King's fart that sounded like "Dolphins" deserves to be read......

Bro by clicking on the links, and adding comments to the articles, you could get others to think outside the box if your opinion is different from the writer, who may or may not have as much Dolphins knowledge as you have. You may get others to see another point of view that the writer did not bring up.:wink2:


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!

ZodZodNew Member
Jul 24, 2008, 01:37 PM

"inFINSible wrote:

Zod, there's a link right between contribute and join club level in the upper nav bar...it's blogs from members of this site....maybe you'll find some original thought there....

http://forums.thephins.com/blog.php

I've never seen that before. I never looked for it neither. I clicked on Chris' blog when he first started blogging. That blog stuff just isn't me. I guess it's just the structure of that type of forum.

I may just have issue with the structure of this forum. This may just be what the main forum morphed into. I mean, the teenagers that come around knowing it all I could take. I just can't take anymore of the news articles. They all have a comments section and generally the comments are "his opinion is my opinion." Come to think of it, that may be my issue with blogs. I just don't get the king worship thing.......

ZodZodNew Member
Jul 24, 2008, 01:44 PM

"Fin Fan In Cali wrote:

Bro by clicking on the links, and adding comments to the articles, you could get others to think outside the box if you opinion is different from the writer, who may or may not have as much Dolphins knowledge as you have. You may get others to see another point of view that the writer did not bring up.:wink2:

The point is that you can't keep up with it. Is one suppose to click through 20 threads (and 20 subsequent links) to find the article worth discussion? It has always been my hope that the author of the thread would use some discretion in what was worth a topic. More and more I find that not to be the case. It's just linked to be linked. My point was if it's just linked to be linked, why is it not treated as the blogs INFINS just mentioned to me. Why is "linked" not it's own forum if we have no discretion (or opinion on the article for that matter).

PhinishLinePhinishLineSupporter
Jul 24, 2008, 01:53 PM

Join VIP.

Dolphins Football. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury Box
Jul 24, 2008, 02:00 PM

"Zod wrote:

The point is that you can't keep up with it. Is one suppose to click through 20 threads (and 20 subsequent links) to find the article worth discussion? It has always been my hope that the author of the thread would use some discretion in what was worth a topic. More and more I find that not to be the case. It's just linked to be linked. My point was if it's just linked to be linked, why is it not treated as the blogs INFINS just mentioned to me. Why is "linked" not it's own forum if we have no discretion (or opinion on the article for that matter).

Links in the past have been required by other members to help prove what has transpired, or what was said. What if you started a topic, and explain that there is no links in this thread, just members honest to goodness in sight? Brother PhinishLine does have a good point on Club membership (aka old VIP). There I think you will truly find the conversation that you so desire.:wink2: Here is to join Club membership info.

Use the "Join the Club" link or click here

Mail
Supa Tek, LLC
8870 N Himes Ave
Suite 319
Tampa, FL 33614

The subscription rate is
24 dollars/yr
15 dollars/6months


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!

ZodZodNew Member
Jul 24, 2008, 02:05 PM

"PhinishLine wrote:

Join VIP.

It's sad that this response has become the neo-classic fix. :pity:

I did that when it wasn't a rescue. I did it to help pay for something I enjoyed.

MuckMuckRetired Admin
Jul 24, 2008, 02:06 PM

"Zod wrote:

The point is that you can't keep up with it. Is one suppose to click through 20 threads (and 20 subsequent links) to find the article worth discussion? It has always been my hope that the author of the thread would use some discretion in what was worth a topic. More and more I find that not to be the case. It's just linked to be linked. My point was if it's just linked to be linked, why is it not treated as the blogs INFINS just mentioned to me. Why is "linked" not it's own forum if we have no discretion (or opinion on the article for that matter).

I agree with you.

We're starved for news right now. And while I definitely appreciate the passion and vigor in which we seek out the news.....I too get a little weary of every single link being posted without discretion. And too often I see brand new threads with just a link in them. Maybe a single line if we're lucky.

I just think that we as Dolphin fans could put a little more effort into it. That we not only post the link, but go thru the trouble of reading the entire article, pull a relevant quote or two, and perhaps offer up an opinion on the matter. Basically making a better showing of ourselves, and thereby setting the bar higher as a site. :)

Granted, this is not really a problem in the Club forum. But the point is valid nonetheless.

Make the throwback uniforms permanent!

ZodZodNew Member
Jul 24, 2008, 02:09 PM

"Fin Fan In Cali wrote:

Links in the past have been required by other members to help prove what has transpired, or what was said. What if you started a topic, and explain that there is no links in this thread, just members honest to goodness in sight?

You have aptly described a damn fine basis for a link. The situation you described is not what is currently transpiring.

Thanks for the time but that's my last two cents worth. I need some sleep......

MuckMuckRetired Admin
Jul 24, 2008, 02:09 PM

"Zod wrote:

It's sad that this response has become the neo-classic fix. :pity:

I did that when it wasn't a rescue. I did it to help pay for something I enjoyed.

I appreciate that.

It is true, though, that this really isn't much of a problem in there.

Make the throwback uniforms permanent!

CrunchTimeCrunchTimeRetired Admin
Jul 24, 2008, 02:17 PM

I have the same concerns about the main forum.There is too many links to news stories without much discussion.

There is a reason for that.Most of the serious discussion is happening in our Club Level.

Personally I dont like to see the same news items with just a link repeated in Club and I discourage that.

We can all see the news items on the main forum.Why duplicate it unless the poster has a special spin to the story and can add something of value .

We have a News reporter who does an excellent job of posting news on the main board but he doesnt do it on the Club level even though he is a member.We appreciate that

The Club level is for deeper discussion .Hopefully when we get more traffic there will be deeper discussions in the main forum too.

Keep in mind that this site has not been really inaugurated yet.We are waiting to get our artwork and front page installed and working before that happens .Most of our active members have arrived by word of mouth.

The link has not been published yet.When it is the traffic will increase and the discussions should be better

ZodZodNew Member
Jul 24, 2008, 02:21 PM

"Muck wrote:

I agree with you.

We're starved for news right now. And while I definitely appreciate the passion and vigor in which we seek out the news.....I too get a little weary of every single link being posted without discretion. And too often I see brand new threads with just a link in them. Maybe a single line if we're lucky.

I just think that we as Dolphin fans could put a little more effort into it. That we not only post the link, but go thru the trouble of reading the entire article, pull a relevant quote or two, and perhaps offer up an opinion on the matter. Basically making a better showing of ourselves, and thereby setting the bar higher as a site. :)

Granted, this is not really a problem in the Club forum. But the point is valid nonetheless.

I guess that wasn't my last two cents.....

Muck, I started to PM you with this but I wasn't sure how it would be received and passed along. So I just said "To heck with it.....Say it and be done with it." Maybe you would also do a better job than me in saying there was no malice involved in any of my statements. I just had an opinion to share.

............Well, that is no malice other than the pinhead statement. A large portion of those beat writers are pinheads.

ZodZodNew Member
Jul 24, 2008, 02:23 PM

"CrunchTime wrote:

Keep in mind that this site has not been really inaugurated yet.We are waiting to get our artwork and front page installed and working before that happens .Most of our active members have arrived by word of mouth.

The link has not been published yet.When it is the traffic will increase and the discussions should be better

I had no idea......

Stringer BellStringer BellSupporter
Jul 24, 2008, 02:25 PM

Consumers control content

“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Jul 24, 2008, 02:26 PM

Just something I was thinking about, but what if we put all the news articles on the front page like the way that other forum that I will not speak of here did in the past. Our news reporter can post the articles on that page with standard comments and if someone really wants to discuss something, bring it to the forum. Just a thought.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Jul 24, 2008, 02:29 PM

"Stringer Bell wrote:

Consumers control content

exactly..................

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

This thread is locked.