Dolphins' Hill fighting to reclaim spot

22 replies

StylaStylaNew MemberOP
Aug 5, 2008, 02:37 AM

In practice, Yeremiah Bell and Jason Allen have been the starting strong and free safeties, respectively. Free agents Chris Crocker and Keith Davis have been the second-teamers both in drills and on the depth chart.

''I just know each day I've got to come out and get better, do my job to the best of my abilities,'' Hill said. ``That's all I'm really concerned about. Everything else will take care of itself.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/miami-dolphins/story/629544.html

Calm Like A Bomb!!!.....:freestyle:

Props to GISH for my avy and badges!

2012-2013 NBA CHAMPIONS MIAMI HEAT!!!

ALalen1New Member
Aug 5, 2008, 02:40 AM

I'm kinda hoping he makes this team but I'm not sure if he will. He's a good backup Safety. I like him a lot.

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Aug 5, 2008, 02:45 AM

Yeah, I like Hill. As long as he gets a fair look and chance to perform in camp, I'll be happy with whomever the coaches choose, though.

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Aug 5, 2008, 02:47 AM

"alen1 wrote:

I'm kinda hoping he makes this team but I'm not sure if he will. He's a good backup Safety. I like him a lot.

So are Davis and Crocker, plus, Davis is our best special teams player and very likely will be STs captain. Crocker is tough on STs as well, is also an experienced starter and able to play either strong or free safety. Crocker and Davis are also a lot more physical in their style of play than Hill is.
I really cannot understand the love affair some here have with Hill.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

ALalen1New Member
Aug 5, 2008, 02:57 AM

"MrClean wrote:

So are Davis and Crocker, plus, Davis is our best special teams player and very likely will be STs captain. Crocker is tough on STs as well, is also an experienced starter and able to play either strong or free safety. Crocker and Davis are also a lot more physical in their style of play than Hill is.
I really cannot understand the love affair some here have with Hill.

Its not like I said the others weren't good as him. I just like him. I do agree with you that they are good as well. I like Davis a lot, brings attitude to this team.

KAKanye WestNew Member
Aug 5, 2008, 03:03 AM

I think Relnaldo Hill can make the team and he would be a good back up and would be a good starter to.

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Aug 5, 2008, 04:51 AM

Too bad Hill can't play corner otherwise I'd tab him as a starter.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

funkdatfunkdatNew Member
Aug 5, 2008, 05:55 AM

"Regan21286 wrote:

Too bad Hill can't play corner otherwise I'd tab him as a starter.

He was a CB before.When he was on the Raiders.

Hill is a real good FS he just needs to over come his torn knee ligament.Looks like he's going to need a year for that to get better.A year from now he should be starting somewhere he's too good a player to not start.

:hammertime:

CD13CD13Supporter
Aug 5, 2008, 05:57 AM

I think he makes the team, but he isn't going to start.

funkdatfunkdatNew Member
Aug 5, 2008, 06:02 AM

"alen1 wrote:

Its not like I said the others weren't good as him. I just like him. I do agree with you that they are good as well. I like Davis a lot, brings attitude to this team.

LoL i will then......Hill plays at almost a pro bowl level.

:hammertime:

funkdatfunkdatNew Member
Aug 5, 2008, 06:03 AM

"CD13 wrote:

I think he makes the team, but he isn't going to start.

Nope cuzz he's still hurt,,, plus that Jason's spot now.

:hammertime:

Brown42000Brown42000New Member
Aug 5, 2008, 06:05 AM

"funkdat wrote:

LoL i will then......Hill plays at almost a pro bowl level.

Are you his agent?:wink2:

funkdatfunkdatNew Member
Aug 5, 2008, 06:07 AM

"Brown42000 wrote:

Are you his agent?:wink2:

No he's that good.......... but i do wish i was.:)

:hammertime:

KAKanye WestNew Member
Aug 5, 2008, 12:12 PM

"funkdat wrote:

He was a CB before.When he was on the Raiders.

Hill is a real good FS he just needs to over come his torn knee ligament.Looks like he's going to need a year for that to get better.A year from now he should be starting somewhere he's too good a player to not start.

I agree bro I think he is great as a starter. I really hope he can over come his torn knee ligiment. I think by the end of preseason he should be ok and he will see some playing time if he is not the starter.

TEtexasPHINSfanNew Member
Aug 5, 2008, 12:14 PM

"CD13 wrote:

I think he makes the team, but he isn't going to start.

we need hill.

was anyone watching last year? our secondary was decimated by injuries. we'll need his warm body before the year is out.

*

KAKanye WestNew Member
Aug 5, 2008, 12:16 PM

"texasPHINSfan wrote:

we need hill.

was anyone watching last year? our secondary was decimated by injuries. we'll need his warm body before the year is out.

Yea I agree bro. I think he will start some time this year if not at the begining of the year. We need him.

CrunchTimeCrunchTimeRetired Admin
Aug 5, 2008, 12:26 PM

He is one of our more underrated players IMO.

Even though he doesnt have ideal size for a safety he hits bigger than his size would indicate .He caused several fumbles last year and should be in the mix this year too if he can stay injury free.

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Aug 5, 2008, 12:54 PM

"funkdat wrote:

He was a CB before.When he was on the Raiders.

Hill is a real good FS he just needs to over come his torn knee ligament.Looks like he's going to need a year for that to get better.A year from now he should be starting somewhere he's too good a player to not start.

He was, but now he can just play safety. Doesn't really have the speed anymore for CB.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

dolpns13dolpns13New Member
Aug 5, 2008, 04:29 PM

Hill is a great asset to this team.. He makes plays.. Ill be disappointed if he is cut, or isnt second team at the minimum...

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Aug 5, 2008, 08:59 PM

"dolpns13 wrote:

Hill is a great asset to this team.. He makes plays.. Ill be disappointed if he is cut, or isnt second team at the minimum...

Well, to make second team he would need to be great on special teams, which I don't think he is.

Additionally, you don't keep a back-up who is a little older (turns 30 this season) and a higher injury risk (coming off knee injury). Your 2nd string is the insurance policy when the 1st string guy gets injured... if HE is likely to get hurt too you are screwed (see 2007 Miami Dolphins season).

Hill's a longshot to make the club. I hope he makes it.

SF DolfanSF DolfanNew Member
Aug 5, 2008, 09:32 PM

I could see him him going on PUP for the 1st six weeks of the season since he's just starting to work his way back now. It gives him more time to get himself back into game shape and gives us a security blanket if a safety goes down early in the year.

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Aug 5, 2008, 09:34 PM

"CrunchTime wrote:

He is one of our more underrated players IMO.

Even though he doesnt have ideal size for a safety he hits bigger than his size would indicate .He caused several fumbles last year and should be in the mix this year too if he can stay injury free.

He had one FF last year and has 3 for his career. I agree Hill's a decent player, but if he loses out to Davis and Crocker, then we need to have enough faith in the coaching staff that they're better. I'd say there's no doubt that Davis is the best STer amongst the DBs, probably on the team period, and Crocker is well regarded in this aspect as well; and we all know that backup DBs absolutely need to make a positive contribution on STs.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Aug 5, 2008, 09:36 PM

"SF Dolfan wrote:

I could see him him going on PUP for the 1st six weeks of the season since he's just starting to work his way back now. It gives him more time to get himself back into game shape and gives us a security blanket if a safety goes down early in the year.

He's not eligible for PUP now that he started training camp on the active roster. Once a player does that or is moved from PUP to the roster, such as Porter recently, they can't be moved back to PUP later for the 1st six weeks of the season.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice