Cut down day, Saturday August 31

518 replies

Paul 13Paul 13StaffOP
Aug 31, 2013, 09:22 AM

So it begins...

First cut is RB Jonas Gray

OL Chris Barker
OL Sam Brenner
TE Kyle Miller
DT Tracy Robertson
CB De'Andre Presley
CB Julian Posey
WR Chad Bumphis
WR Brian Tyms
S Keelan Johnson
DE Tristan Okpaluago. Misspelled probably
S Jordan Kovacs
WR Marvin Mcnutt
DT AJ Francis
DT Kheeston Randall
T Jeff Adams
LB Austin Spitler
LB Lee Robinson
DE Antwan Applewhite
T Andy ? Mcdonald
WR Keelan Davis

Will update thread... feel free to do the same :wink2:

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

byroanbyroanAdministrator
Aug 31, 2013, 09:25 AM

The fumble against Tampa didn't help Gray.

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Aug 31, 2013, 09:35 AM

Certainly not... does it mean Gillislee is safe? For now... maybe. I think there's a 50/50 chance we bring in another running back between now and next Sunday.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

finsergfinsergNew Member
Aug 31, 2013, 09:36 AM

till what time do they have today ?

byroanbyroanAdministrator
Aug 31, 2013, 09:36 AM

"finserg wrote:

till what time do they have today ?

6pm est.

JWjw3102Forum Veteran
Aug 31, 2013, 09:44 AM

"byroan wrote:

The fumble against Tampa didn't help Gray.

I think the fact he was a free agent and Gillislee was a draft pick had more to do with Gray being cut. Hopefully the Dolphins can add a veteran RB to the roster and Gillislee can be cut also. Perhaps he can be added to the practice squad once he clears waivers, but I don't think Gillislee showed enough in preseason to be a member of the final 53.

finsergfinsergNew Member
Aug 31, 2013, 09:51 AM

"byroan wrote:

6pm est.

thanks bro

ANAnonymousSupporter
Aug 31, 2013, 09:58 AM

"Paul 13 wrote:

Certainly not... does it mean Gillislee is safe? For now... maybe. I think there's a 50/50 chance we bring in another running back between now and next Sunday.

I hope so. I want to give Thomas one more chance to see if he can turn it around but those odds seem low.

Aug 31, 2013, 09:59 AM

Hope he lands on the practice squad.

Then again, I hope they're keeping an eye on the other runners that are cut. Saints better not get cute with Khiry Robinson. He made our defense look silly.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

CrunchTimeCrunchTimeRetired Admin
Aug 31, 2013, 10:01 AM

I was never impressed by Gray and didnt understand the enthusiasm by some fans.:huh:

To me he is smallish bowling bowl type of runner with little power and wiggle .

Having said that Gilly needs to step up his game too.I expect we will be adding another RB soon.

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Aug 31, 2013, 10:05 AM

"CrunchTime wrote:

I was never impressed by Gray and didnt understand the enthusiasm by some fans.:huh:

To me he is smallish bowling bowl type of runner with little power and wiggle .

Having said that Gilly needs to step up his game too.I expect we will be adding another RB soon.

agree with you about Gray.. he reminded me of a cross between Mark Higgs and Aaron Craver. Small back with no lateral agility.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

dolfan32323dolfan32323New Member
Aug 31, 2013, 10:05 AM

"CrunchTime wrote:

I was never impressed by Gray and didnt understand the enthusiasm by some fans.:huh:

To me he is smallish bowling bowl type of runner with little power and wiggle .

Having said that Gilly needs to step up his game too.I expect we will be adding another RB soon.

I was hopeful because at Notre Dame he simply had a nose for finding the endzone when a team got inside the 20s. Would have been nice to have a back who could do that on a consistent basis.

DePhinistr8DePhinistr8Forum Veteran
Aug 31, 2013, 10:36 AM

Gillisleeelelelllliee probably made because he does contribute some on ST. I don't think I saw Gray out there on any ST plays.

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Aug 31, 2013, 10:39 AM

"DePhinistr8 wrote:

Gillisleeelelelllliee probably made because he does contribute some on ST. I don't think I saw Gray out there on any ST plays.

That was stoopid. If you claim to be a fan, the least you could do is spell his name right. There's only 6 "e"s in Gillisleelelelllliee

DePhinistr8DePhinistr8Forum Veteran
Aug 31, 2013, 10:40 AM

"Fin D wrote:

That was stoopid. If you claim to be a fan, the least you could do is spell his name right. There's only 6 "e"s in Gillisleelelelllliee

*turns in fan card* :sad:

STSTColeridgeNew Member
Aug 31, 2013, 10:41 AM

"Paul 13 wrote:

So it begins...

First cut is RB Jonas Gray

I believe we have 21 more to go?

Will update thread... feel free to do the same :wink2:

Good. Cannot give the ball up when you are on the bubble. He's outta here.

first&goalfirst&goalLuxury Box
Aug 31, 2013, 10:41 AM

I would like to get RB Robinson from the Saints, I really like the idea of having him in our backfield

STSTColeridgeNew Member
Aug 31, 2013, 10:42 AM

"jw3102 wrote:

I think the fact he was a free agent and Gillislee was a draft pick had more to do with Gray being cut. Hopefully the Dolphins can add a veteran RB to the roster and Gillislee can be cut also. Perhaps he can be added to the practice squad once he clears waivers, but I don't think Gillislee showed enough in preseason to be a member of the final 53.

I agree with you.

CitizenSnipsCitizenSnipsNew Member
Aug 31, 2013, 10:43 AM

All the DT haters haven't posted in this thread yet cause they literally fainted at this news

Aug 31, 2013, 10:45 AM

"CitizenSnips wrote:

All the DT haters haven't posted in this thread yet cause they literally fainted at this news

Has Daniel Thomas been cut?!?

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Aug 31, 2013, 10:46 AM

"first&goal wrote:

I would like to get RB Robinson from the Saints, I really like the idea of having him in our backfield

he hasn't been released yet.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

DePhinistr8DePhinistr8Forum Veteran
Aug 31, 2013, 10:48 AM

"ckparrothead wrote:

Has Daniel Thomas been cut?!?

Nah I think he means that early on a few of us might have felt Gray was going to take over Thomas' role. I did...swing and a miss by me

Aug 31, 2013, 10:49 AM

"DePhinistr8 wrote:

Nah I think he means that early on a few of us might have felt Gray was going to take over Thomas' role. I did...swing and a miss by me

Oh, well Gray fumbled and didn't really do enough positive to make the team over guys that could be claimed off waivers. Daniel Thomas didn't either, nor Mike Gillislee, but they've got draft status working in their favor.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

CitizenSnipsCitizenSnipsNew Member
Aug 31, 2013, 10:49 AM

"ckparrothead wrote:

Has Daniel Thomas been cut?!?

No I was referring to the gray cut. He was built up to be DTs replacement. Though I guess it became pretty obvious as preseason went on that wasn't happening

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Aug 31, 2013, 10:50 AM

"DePhinistr8 wrote:

Gillisleeelelelllliee probably made because he does contribute some on ST. I don't think I saw Gray out there on any ST plays.

Gray was definitely on STs (at least the KR unit) in the last game.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU