Breaking: Dion Jordan Suspended 4 Games for Violating PED Policy

226 replies

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jul 3, 2014, 04:51 PM

"byroan wrote:

Do I really need to explain it?

you don't have to, but to rush to such Judgement with such vitriol is way to Extreme for taking a stimulant and being his first offense, it isn't like he was found coked up somewhere, or killed someone, or beat his girl in Vegas, or hit and ran.

Does anyone know what this kid has gone thru in his life, does anyone know the depression he battled In life, do you know. How close to death this kid was, does everyone know most of his body is covered in burn scars..

You ever walked in shoes like that?

54Fins54FinsForum Veteran
Jul 3, 2014, 04:52 PM

I always buy tickets to the home games after week 5. Avoids problems....

Dolphins1BeatlesDolphins1BeatlesForum Veteran
Jul 3, 2014, 04:52 PM

Those PED's didn't help him get playing time.

1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team

K I K O

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Jul 3, 2014, 04:53 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

you don't have to, but to rush to such Judgement with such vitriol is way to Extreme for taking a stimulant and being his first offense, it isn't like he was found coked up somewhere, or killed someone, or beat his girl in Vegas, or hit and ran.

Does anyone know what this kid has gone thru in his life, does anyone know the depression he battled In life, do you know. How close to death this kid was, does everyone know most of his body is covered in burn scars..

You ever walked in shoes like that?

Then that should be covered or approved by the NFL if he's seeing a professional therapist for it. If it's not medically covered, he's responsible. We're rushing to judge? You're rushing to defend this guy like you're his mother.

CrunchTimeCrunchTimeRetired Admin
Jul 3, 2014, 04:53 PM

He was asked to bulk up and he took a shortcut unfortunately .There are character concerns of course but let see what he can do after the suspension before we declare him a bust.

GMJohnsonGMJohnsonNew Member
Jul 3, 2014, 04:54 PM

"SICK wrote:

Believe me, your "scientific" breakdown on the league leaders in PED suspensions equaling Superbowl appearances tops the charts on "great posts" on this message board. Well done.

Football, reading comprehension, is there anything else you have trouble understanding?

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jul 3, 2014, 04:54 PM

"byroan wrote:

Excuses. What he took was banned. Plain and simple.

I have a son,if he gets in trouble at school, I let him tell me why, I listen to his side of the story, not unless I'm trying to fu&$ his head up for life..

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Jul 3, 2014, 04:54 PM

"Dolphins1Beatles wrote:

Those PED's didn't help him get playing time.

Yet.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Jul 3, 2014, 04:55 PM

"GMJohnson wrote:

Football, reading comprehension, is there anything else you have trouble understanding?

Yes. I need to understand where you went to public school, so I don't send my child there.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jul 3, 2014, 04:55 PM

"byroan wrote:

Excuses. What he took was banned. Plain and simple.

i have some Trust in this dudes character because of what he has endured in life..I forgive him.

cuchulainncuchulainnSupporter
Jul 3, 2014, 04:56 PM

Agree with GMJ... Apart from knee jerk reactions and BS, does anyone have any real info on what the stimulant (not steroid) was that he took?

People are acting like he's the second coming of Von Miller and Robert Mathis with the (over) reactions.

At least he is still able to participate in all offseason and preseason practices and games, though the suspension will cost him apprx $800K. He has zero history of off field issues or participating in this sort of thing.

Dion Jordan
“I recently learned from the NFL that I tested positive for stimulants that are banned under the NFL policy. I worked carefully with my advisors and the union to investigate the test results, and I take full responsibility for the test results. I’m very sorry for the impact of this situation on my teammates, coaches, Stephen Ross, the entire Dolphins organization, fans and my family as well. I will continue to work extremely hard during training camp and preseason. During the suspension, I will stay in top shape and will be ready to contribute upon my return.”

Sucks that it happened, but at least it happened to a player at a position of strength and he should learn from it and come back after the bye hungry and ready.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jul 3, 2014, 05:02 PM

"SICK wrote:

Then that should be covered or approved by the NFL if he's seeing a professional therapist for it. If it's not medically covered, he's responsible. We're rushing to judge? You're rushing to defend this guy like you're his mother.

You don't know enough Details to have so much hate and judgement.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Jul 3, 2014, 05:03 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

You don't know enough Details to have so much hate and judgement.

Hate? Dude I said he cheated. Which he did. Hence him being suspended. Hence him not appealing. He's taking it like a man.....maybe do the same bro? He ****ed up, and I am calling him out. He doesnt need to be ****ing hugged. He let his teammates and coaches down.

TotoreMexicoTotoreMexicoForum Veteran
Jul 3, 2014, 05:03 PM

"Hellion wrote:

Lane Johnson got popped too.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11159060/lane-johnson-philadelphia-eagles-faces-four-game-suspension

We should have drafted... ohhh nevermind.

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Jul 3, 2014, 05:05 PM

Does a 4 game suspension imply he's been busted for something prior or is that a standard first time offense punishment?

GMJohnsonGMJohnsonNew Member
Jul 3, 2014, 05:05 PM

"SICK wrote:

Yes. I need to understand where you went to public school, so I don't send my child there.

You have school age children? Go figure. With 67K posts I had you pegged as either a stay at home mom or retiree. My mistake.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Jul 3, 2014, 05:06 PM

"GMJohnson wrote:

You have school age children? Go figure. With 67K posts I had you pegged as either a stay at home mom or retiree. My mistake.

Added to the list of things you get wrong all the time.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Jul 3, 2014, 05:08 PM

Seems like they should just disclose all the information. Not too many secrets kept by the media these days...

Jul 3, 2014, 05:11 PM

"Fin D wrote:

Does a 4 game suspension imply he's been busted for something prior or is that a standard first time offense punishment?

First time offense.

GMJohnsonGMJohnsonNew Member
Jul 3, 2014, 05:12 PM

"SICK wrote:

Added to the list of things you get wrong all the time.

Fair enough. I'm right about one thing though, this fan base is full of morons and cry babies.

Clearly you're a mouth off now and assess the situation later (if ever) type of guy. I'll step aside and let you get back to it :up:

branbranNew Member
Jul 3, 2014, 05:14 PM

the kid messed up and he took responsibility for it, everyone in life screws up once or twice. i could see if he did this 2 or 3 times and never learned his lesson, but it was a one time mistake. i think some of the people on here are going a bit overboard.

byroan;2178644 wrote:

Tannehill could have had more time had Clabo just fell down and forced Mario to step over him.

scotty_irnbruscotty_irnbruForum Veteran
Jul 3, 2014, 05:14 PM

Disappointed. Silly man. He's an idiot, I hope he learns from.this and we get a talented productive player from week 5. The small sample size last year isn't great but I think he showed enough. Whoever called him a bust is talking rot. He's a player who's made a mistake and is now being punished. He's not Josh Gordon. He's not a recidivist. The NFL do so much to tell these players what they can and can't take. If I was a player I'd be phoning up with my shopping list every week.

Two TacosTwo TacosSupporter
Jul 3, 2014, 05:16 PM

"Fin D wrote:

Does a 4 game suspension imply he's been busted for something prior or is that a standard first time offense punishment?

I think it means 2nd bust, and next is a year.

________________________________________

"It's a bunch of drunk, mid-30s type of crowd who are very well-educated," Evans said. "Much more vocal. A little bit more crazy. It's a little nastier playing down there, to be honest."

--Sounders Midfielder Brad Evans on Portland vs Seattle Fans--

scotty_irnbruscotty_irnbruForum Veteran
Jul 3, 2014, 05:16 PM

Also, GMJohnson is spot on. Dude made a mistake. It's not the end of the world or his career. Settle down and lets see if he can make amends.

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Jul 3, 2014, 05:21 PM

"Rocky Raccoon wrote:

First time offense.

"Two Tacos wrote:

I think it means 2nd bust, and next is a year.

Ummm.....