1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An upgrade at HC?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin-Omenal, Nov 23, 2010.

Tags:
  1. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    He's been coaching that team since around 1994 I believe. Remember the Music City miracle? That was in 1999. Even then the Titans had already moved from being the Oilers in Houston to Memphis to Nashville.

2. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I dont think Fisher gets out of Tenn

3. gilv13

gilv13 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    It was a couple months back, but I was listening to NFL radio on Sirius, and Marty was one of the co-hosts, and I think a caller asked him when he was going to coach again, and Marty said he was happily retired and no plans on coming back. So you can take that for what its worth, but I think it is his decision not to coach at the pro level.

4. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I'd love to have Jeff Fisher. The most underrated coach in the league every year. When we are playing well and Tony is coaching well, it reminds me of Fisher's good teams of the past - players busting their ***, achieving a level above their talent level.

my top choice would be Cowher, but I'd take Fisher over Gruden any day of the week.

5. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    Longest tenure in the league, and barely over 50% win percentage?

5 playoff wins in 16 years?

I don't dislike fisher, buy my brother is a titans fan and he watches fisher make bone headed mistakes year in and year out. He's not THAT good. If anything he makes an argument for "don't reshuffle the deck every 3 seasons".

I don't want him here. He's not Wanny bad, but he makes stupid stupid decisions. Feeding CJ the ball 30 times a game, and benching VY for KFC is stupid at times. VY is a winner, who's constantly getting yanked because Fisher is incredibly stubbourn. Like Wanny when he gets a lead he plays not to lose instead of playing to win.

Fisher is a pedestrian NFL coach. He won't steer his team into an iceberg, but he won't lift them in his shoulders either. He just is. Eventually he may get it right and win a SB, but only if he tries enough times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texanphinatic likes this.
  6. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    Fisher is married to Bud Adams. He has free reign. He's not going anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Adams is a huge advocate of Young though, Fisher didn't really want him, but Adams bypassed him on it. Fisher has never liked Young, and this thing has been coming to a head. Clearly at this point its either Young or Fisher, Adams will need to choose between his longtime coach and his franchise prodigy.

My biggest issue with Fisher is his 5-6 playoff record in 16 years as a head coach. Not really inspiring to me. He gets lots of accolades as being a top coach, being "underrated" (yeah ok) etc, but I think most of it has just been due to his longevity.