1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your weekly Wildcat reminder..Be afraid , be very afraid.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Aug 19, 2010.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    '' Ronnie Brown threw a TD out of the formation yesterday''

The reporter that saw it will not discuss it out of fear from the guy to my left..

Ive been saying that Ronnie is getting better at throwing the football, I see some mechanic's there that I think the staff wants to see more of and continue to explore.

Do we appreciate how dangerous this player is out of this formation, and how cutting edge we are becoming?, especially if he gets better at throwing the football ?,or is the majority of our fanbase just concerned with becoming a Proset Henne driven offense?...

Me? you know where I stand on the Hybrid and the player's skills out of this bad *** formation.

If somehow, someway, Ronnie can incorporate Brandon Marshall's skillset while he's executing out of the formation, throw a few passes to him to keep the corners from crashing the LOS, and the safety's from cheating up as much as they do, the space that he will create will be like taking candy from a baby...He's too talented out of this formation for a defense to afford him space, he will dominate if he can accomplish becoming a half way decent passer..

Just want to keep it in our conscious how unique he is, and how dangerous he could become.

2. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I bet we already have a few passes to Marshall in store out of the WC

3. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I'am thinking the TD yesterday was to Marshall FF..

Oh man does that space that would come from that make me drool for Ronnie..

Ive heard that ronnie has been throwing some tight spirals..:knucks:

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  4. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    If Ronnie burned the D-fence with a nice pass or two it will make the wildcat wild again.

Just dont ask Ricky to throw please!

5. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    I think ronnie's probably a better passer but i wouldnt ask him to do it on a consistent basis

6. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    i think at the least, he will have to throw 1 or 2 passes a game to create that space that I know he desires...if he can do that bro, than iam not the only one who is gonna be wildcat crazy.

7. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    he doesn't need to set up and go through progressions, so iam keeping that in mind when I project.

8. Jeff

Jeff A.S.E. Mastur

Mar 18, 2010
    Plantation
    I am expecting Ronnie to really break it open this season. He is in a contract year, in his prime, very dynamic. He's gonna show the front office something special this year.

HULKFish likes this.
  9. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007

thats not what i meant. If ronnie we're to throw the ball once every game id be slightly worried because odds are most of his passes may not end up in the arms of our own players.

10. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    predicted the coming of the Single Wing to the NFL years ago
    of coarse I am a supporter of the formation for
    @ least 100 different reasons already sited over this forum & several others
    would like to see Pat white get a chance to captain the formation

11. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    well then, you never evolve the offense if that's your take...for me, ive seen enough out of Ronnie's mechanics to trust him at least once a game to throw a pass....the residual effect it will have on the offense is worth the risk imo.

12. ascii

ascii People Watcher

Nov 27, 2007
    Etters, Pa
    I was all for Pat White leading this formation. That was before he forgot how to throw the football. At this point I am more comfortable with Ronnie throwing out of that formation then him. What really sucks is I believe Pat White was brought in for that specific reason and he's failed to produce. Maybe they have asked Pat White to be erratic while the media is there on purpose? :lol: :cry:

13. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Drop the Pat White experiment now. It was an epic fail.

14. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Interesting. I bet Ronnie starts running and throwing alot from the WC now that our practices are closed to the media... or, they are soon closed to the media anyways. Now is when theyre really going to get down to business there.

HULKFish likes this.
  15. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I've been expecting to see a repeat of the WC debut performance against NE this year. I think they are going to be particularly vulnerable against a strong running team this year. I'm not saying I expect RB to have 5 TDs, but I am expecting a heavy dose of it.

16. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    +10000000

17. Wildcat23

Wildcat23 Here kitty kitty

Nov 9, 2009
    My name gives my stance on this topic. :p

But I do hope we take it to another level this year. Wildcat4life.

djphinfan likes this.
  18. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I just hope the WC is strictly used to throw opposing defenses off guard, keep them guessing, not for the original reason that we just couldn't run the ball in our pro sets. If Ronnie can connect on a couple passes to Marshall in the WC formation though, watch out, because the running game in the WC will become wide open. Good point/thread Deej.

Larryfinfan and djphinfan like this.
  19. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    See Rock, I dont see the need to put any restrictions on Ronnie in this formation as it pertains to the flow of the game, I think it should be used any time any place, its by far our best running formation and how man times have you seen Ronnie manipulate the defense so the other runner or receiver who gets the ball is sprinting toward the end zone for 6...this not only makes it a very safe, effective formation, but at the same time, gives it big play potential..

I believe there are residual affects on a defense that the formation creates that a proset can capitolize on...Thats why I made the suggestion for ronnie to come out and start the game in the Cat.

20. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I love the wildcat and everything it brings to the team. Just the extra press alone and getting to see my team on replays a LOT more has been worth it but what really ices it for me is the guts of the coaching staff to blaze a new trail.
    I hope they continue to use it for the power running game, don't really care about the passes as much but....

Patrick Cobbs is back!!!!

21. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Passing to create space for the run, its necessary for that, and I think Ronnie is good enough to do it and get his own..once he's got them thinking just a bit, its all over PH.

22. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    The WildCat should always be at least a small part of our offense. Keep those teams having to spend practice time preparing for it every week. And it's one of the big reason why our scoring percentage in the red zone has been so good over the past couple years. I always feel confident if we're on the 5 and Ronnie lines up under center in the Wildcat.

23. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    The media can see the first 20 minutes of practice according to Omar Kelly, then the hounds are released.