1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*Your OFFICIAL Dolphins at Buccaneers Week 10 Game Thread*

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Rocky Raccoon, Nov 10, 2013.

1. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    I didn't notice the GM tonight...I watched the game....And yeah the O-line did fine...In the passing game until it mattered. I lobbied for Nate Garner to see the field a couple weeks ago and he's done ok for us but he's in no way a mainstay at the position. Thats all I was saying...

2. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Philbin just has no emotion to him and I don't like that. He's robotic with the clapping after a sack on third down leading to a three and out...There is just no animation with him....It's black and white.

3. finwin

finwin Active Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Jamestown, NC
    Right off my observation is the Run D was cut through like butter but even so, the defense did enough to allow the offense to win the game. The Problem is we have the 30th ranked offense. Faults on this game go to 1) Coaches, for not preparing the team and fielding an undiciplined, flat, team and game plan with no imagination, 2) OL for being sorry, 3) Hartline for dropping a TD pass, 4) Tannehill for inconsistancy.

4. Griese's Glasses

Griese's Glasses Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Ottawa, ON
    If we can't win this then ***, we're in four 7 more games of utter disappointment and humiliation....

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Garner did fine, he is out of position at LG, he is a RG.

To me, if Philbin does not shake up the offensive line it falls on his head.

Think Ireland's fate is sealed tbh, to much wasted time on improving the offensive line and no results, granted no one could see Clabo's collapse (imo) John Jerry falls on him

6. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    so im a twisted individual for watching their piece on all our vet soldiers on Vet Day?

7. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    There was 0 chance of that last pass to Wallace being completed by simply throwing it amd Wallace running under it. Tannehill mised one earlier, but not that one.

Only way that is caught is if Wallace goes up and gets it, which he didn't even try to do. He is the definition of a "one trick pony".

8. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Wallace was gutless and lazy on that play...forget one trick pony he's more of a no-dick phony.

muscle979 and brandon27 like this.
  9. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    To be fair he has to say something... It's not like he's going to completely bury himself with what he should really be saying, something like, "I'm clueless, I have no control over this team and I am the second coming of Cam Cameron."

10. finwin

finwin Active Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Jamestown, NC
    I replayed it twice. Wallace had the afterburners on and looked like he would have outran the safety to catch the ball in the endzone. Instead he had to stop and try to out muscle the D. That's not the type of player he is.

padre31 likes this.
  11. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    Philbin is the second coming of Cam Cameron. No emotional involvement whatsoever. The dude is like a dead fish on the sideline. Next failure of a head coach please step to the front of the line.

Jimmy Johnson
    Dave Wannstedt
    Nick Satan
    Cam Cameron
    Tony Sparano
    Joe Philbin
    ??Next??

12. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    Matthews tonight and Gibson before him, even Hartline and Clay make plays.
    Wallace is another fraud WR in Miami.

13. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    I considered ending it all, but couldn't do it from a first floor window.

14. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Trying hard to remember here, but even if Tanny threw it deeper, wasnt there the safety hanging back there behind Wallace who would have been with Wallace deep? Im 99% sure there was... I think some of us are reading too much into that throw simply because its Wallace/Tannehill... it was a desperation throw... Wallace made ZERO effort... its not like he was surprised it was underthrown, you can tell by watching him, he knows it is, and instantly gives up on it and just watches it get picked off. It's no wonder why Tannehill doesnt have any trust in Wallace... wallace has done nothing to earn it. Where Hartline, Gibson, and Matthews have... they make plays on the ball... not give up if its not 110% perfectly placed in stride. Theyre the real WR's on this team... Wallace isn't

Sumlit, PhinFan1968 and bran like this.
  15. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    He's going to get blamed anyway, like the misthrow deep down the sidelines, "Wallace's fault"

Really, it wasn't, that was on Tannehill, ditto the last throw.

Ideally if that was picked off, it SHOULD have been the deep Safety, not the underneath Cb

cdz12250 likes this.
  16. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Which makes the whole point quite irrelevant IMO... it should never have been thrown, except for the fact its the last play of the game, its desperation mode, so you put the ball up to your #1 WR and hope he makes a play, instead Wallace just quit and observed. Even if Tanny throws it deeper IMO... the deep safety likely picks it. It's a moot point we're debating IMO because its a low percentage, desperation play.

dolfan22 likes this.
  17. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Amen. Also, I thought I caught a glimpse of the WR on the opposite side of the field, can't remember who it was, totally open. Didn't get a full view so I could be wrong, but did anybody else notice that?

18. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    You are offbase there, the underneath Cb had leverage, Wallace was going the other direction.

A properly thrown ball would have split that coverage and Wallace's jets would have made the play happen or not.

19. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Mmm.. I'd have to watch it again, but the safety is still back deep... He comes up to being right behind Wallace as the INT happens several yards in front of Wallace... if Tanny throws it deeper and Wallace runs, there's no reason to believe the safety woudlnt track it back as well.

Either way, its a moot point IMO. its a desperation play... that fact we were in that position is what really screwed us. That's a ball we should throw if we had a Calvin Johnson, or a Dez Bryant, or a Brandon Marshall... not a short, effortless Mike Wallace.

20. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Not a moot point at all, Wallace is being blamed for it, when it rests on Tannehill.

21. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Wait , we did have one of those wide receivers , and sure he had issues , but he is and was productive. So productive players with some issues are a no , but non productive ones with issues are a yes? Sure , that is a recipe for failure.

22. Scrap

Scrap Active Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Chester, Va
    Entertained as in he's enjoying himself.

23. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    I was not able to watch the game last night, so I was looking forward to watch it today. I didn't check the scores and started to watch the game till the BS PI call on Grimes, I somehow knew we lost the game, I checked the score and got confirmation. What happened to this once proud franchise?! It's been a misery the last 10+ years.....

24. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Yes there were two moments where I went "We're not going to win".

1. The atrocious, awful 1st quarter. Which speaks of bad coaching all around to have such slow starts, especially against a winless team. I watched "Sleepy Hollow" most of the 1st half because they were so predictably bad. It was confirmed when I turned back to see 15-0.

2. The field goal after the big INT to put Miami in the red zone. The playcalls were terrible (And Daniel Thomas should not be in 1st and goal), Tannehill should've ran it in when he hesitated, and settling for a fail goal I just knew the Bucs were going to score to take the lead.

Predictable, boring, frustrating. They are more painful to watch than the 2007 Dolphins, because at least that team wasn't also a joke off the field as well as on it. And you knew, "well, we have to win more than 1 game next season!" Probably the worst Dolphins team to have to watch because this team has Jeff Ireland and have become a national joke even to people who don't like football.

25. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    He wasn't a fraud in Pitt.

Marshall wasn't a fraud in Denver or Chicago. Just happened to be one here.

Something doesn't add up.

DeDolfan likes this.
  26. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Likely the cast of poor coaching staffs and offensive co-ordinators we've had here eh? Hmm..

byroan likes this.
  27. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

We suck! Doubt we win more than two games at best the rest of this season.