1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your "Madden" moment...

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by unifiedtheory, Sep 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I just had one of those "Madden moments". You know that game where you want to smash your TV in and you realize that the game designers need to address the issue of poorly rated players torching you?

I'm playing on All Pro, week 4 at home against the Bills. I'm 2-1, they are 0-3. I just beat the HELL out of the Chargers in San Diego 31-10. Total domination.

It's the 2nd quarter (around 3:30 left) against the Bills. I'm up 17-0 and driving, on their 25ish. Paul Posluszny comes on a blitz, hits Penny, forces a fumble and the Bills recover, I can live with that.

The very next play I hammer Trent Edwards, get a sack (my 4th to that point in the game) and he's hurt and forced to leave. Enter Ryan Fitzpatrick. He throws two incomplete passes and the Bills punt.

I get the ball back around mid field. Run it a few times and get it to their 30 with about a minute left. I motion Ronnie out of the backfield and it's one of those times where they are in zone and there is NO ONE covering Ronnie way out to the right. I hit "X" and throw a really quick pass out there. Well, Paul Posluszny runs about 20 yards in 2 steps, leaps 100 feet and makes a diving interception. I throw the controller they do nothing on offense and the half ends with me leading 17-0.

I get the kick to start the 2nd half. Run a balanced offense and get it to their 45. I motion and they are in man so I throw a quick slant to Bess. Well, Paul Posluszny (who is the best player ever to play the sport) leaps and makes another diving INT.

Fitzpatrick then proceeds to pick me to shreds. Completing 4 straight passes to Derek Fine and the Bills get a TD. 17-7.

My next series I run play action on 1st down, get sacked, Do nothing else and punt.

Edwards then starts with his receivers. Completing 6 more in a row (I knew this because the graphic came up that he had hit 10 straight) to get to my 5. Lynch gets a swing pass TD, 17-14.

BTW....I have not gotten near Fitzpatrick even though I had 4 sacks in a quarter against Edwards. The Bills O-line has magically become the Cowboys circa late 1990's.

I get the ball and proceed to run it right down their throats (Ronnie had 150+ and 2 TD's and Ricky had 75 and a TD in the game). Get to their 20 and am faced with a 3rd and medium (around 6). Throw a little underneath pass to Fasano, it tips into the air and, GUESS WHO, Paul Posluszny intercepts it.

The Bills go bang bang bang down the field on me, Fitzpatrick to Lynch underneath 21-17 Bills. I check Fitzpatrick's numbers at this point, 14 - 18 for 200+ yards and 3 TD's.

I'm down now but I'm afraid to throw so I keep running it. Put a nice drive together and Ricky scores. 24-21 for me with about 4:00 left.

Kickoff and of COURSE the Bills return it to my 45 yard line, barely saved a TD.

They hand to Lynch, who to this point had about 5 yards on 10 carries. He breaks 5 tackles and gets it down to my 5. Fitzpatrick to Fine, TD Bills. 28-24 Bills with about 3:00 left.

I get the ball, all my timeouts left, down 4. I get a few first downs and it gets to the 2:00 warning and I still have my timeouts. It's like 2nd and medium. I throw a post to Ginn and Paul Posluszny does another Superman leap and picks me off AGAIN!!!

Bills at midfield, 1:50ish left. They run it 3 straight times, I burn all my timeouts and they are looking at 4th and 6 from my 45ish. I look at the bottom right of the play selection screen on 4th down as I'm navigating to special teams and see they are coming out in 4 wide. I think to myself "what are they doing". So I pick a dime defense. 4th and 6, from midfield, up by 4 and they are running a play! Fitzpatrick to Fred Jackson, who breaks a few tackles, 45 yard touchdown...I throw the controller again and lose 35-24.

Ryan Fitzpatrick's numbers off the bench? 19 of 25, 397 yards and 5 touchdowns.

Paul Posluszny's numbers? 6 tackles, 4 assisted tackles, 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble and 3 interceptions.

That was long but I had to vent.

2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Wow I've had a few games that were terrible like that, but I mean not THAT bad.

I recall a few times where a horrible player comes in at QB so I pressure him, and he makes these IMPOSSIBLE throws off his back foot and stuff. If it were real life the team would start that guy :lol:

3. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    You lost on All-Pro. :pity:

anlgp likes this.
  4. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida

I wasn't going to go there Stitches :no: not everyone plays on All-Madden.

5. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I don't play on all madden.

The only teams that plays me tough are the bears and the seahawks..

6. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Games like that have happened for as long as Madden has been around. I can understand if you were picked in a game by Ed Reed three times but Paul Posluszny? Who is that?

7. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Basically the first time I've played on a regular basis for 3 years (since I hated '09 so much).:tongue2:

8. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I was just giving him a hard time. :lol:

unifiedtheory likes this.
  9. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Yeah I know how it is. All-Pro can be fun because its hard to run a balanced offense against All-Madden. It's like only certain routes work period.

10. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Puz is very good whenever I play the bills too. Pretty much him, Whitner, and McKelvin are the only 3 worth a damn when I play them.

FinSane likes this.
  11. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Maybe you just suck, afterall this is the most realistic Madden evar.

unifiedtheory likes this.
  12. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    :lol:

13. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Put me in that camp too. For some reason, Puz is the defensive MVP in madden. I have no idea why the AI on him is messed up.

14. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    I suck my ranked **** is like 4 and 20 wtf? Everyone plays on all madden and always need to be Phili or the vikes!
    Then the Viking people change ther offense to NE and defense to Balt., and EA made Mr. ConVick way to good on his role outs not that ya can't shut it down but its hard mixing up and shutting down the outside all the time IMO

Never can play straight up :no: I must be doing it wrong

MY GAMER TAG IS THE SAME AS HERE, HIT ME UP AND GIVE ME POINTERS LOL