Your favorite lyrics

23 replies

DrAstroZoomDrAstroZoomLuxury BoxOP
Mar 31, 2008, 09:23 AM

I'm a huge fan of Beck's lyrics:

In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey

I'm glad I got my suit dry-cleaned before the riots started

I wanna get with you -- only you -- and your sister. I think her name is Debra.

I'll leave graffiti where you've never been kissed.

Share your favorites!

quelonioquelonioNew Member
Mar 31, 2008, 02:39 PM

I'm a sucker for Jarvis ****er's, from Pulp, and his lyrics... two examples

If fashion is your trade then when you're naked I guess you must be unemployed yeah.
Cos once it's underway there's no escaping the fact that you're a girl and he's a boy.
You couldn't stop it now. There's no way to get out.
He's standing much too near. How the hell did you get here.
Semi-naked in someone else's room. I'd give my whole life to see it.
Just you stood there only in your underwear.
If you close your eyes and just remember that this is what you wanted last night.
So why is it so hard for you to touch him.
For you to go and give yourself to him?

And...

But still you'll never get it right
'cos when you're laid in bed at night watching roaches climb the wall
If you call your Dad he could stop it all.
You'll never live like common people
You'll never do what common people do
You'll never fail like common people
You'll never watch your life slide out of view, and dance and drink and screw
Because there's nothing else to do.
Sing along with the common people, sing along and it might just get you thru'
Laugh along with the common people
Laugh along even though they're laughing at you and the stupid things that you do.
Because you think that poor is cool.

And as for more traditionally good Lyricists, you can never go wrong with Leonard Cohen

And you treated my woman to a flake of your life
And when she came back she was nobodys wife.

Well I see you there with the rose in your teeth
One more thin gypsy thief
Well I see janes awake --

She sends her regards.
And what can I tell you my brother, my killer
What can I possibly say?
I guess that I miss you, I guess I forgive you
Im glad you stood in my way.

If you ever come by here, for jane or for me
Your enemy is sleeping, and his woman is free.


In the old times it was not a crime!!!!

quelonioquelonioNew Member
Mar 31, 2008, 02:40 PM

DAng, well his name is ****er... what can I do...


In the old times it was not a crime!!!!

ALalen1New Member
Mar 31, 2008, 02:56 PM

I know a lot of you are going to disagree with me here lol but all of Lil Wayne's lyrics and I like Eminem's too.

ILPhinFan88ILPhinFan88Luxury Box
Mar 31, 2008, 03:05 PM

favorite lyrics always makes me think of Jim Croce, any of his

finsgirliefinsgirlieLuxury Box
Mar 31, 2008, 03:12 PM

i am the beast feed me rappers or feed me beats

i dont even talk i let the visa speak and i like my sprite easter pink :thumbsup: i like lil wayne too, he's very very unique thats for sure...

i also like foo fighters and lifehouse lyrics....lifehouse is very romantic :)

muscle979muscle979Forum Veteran
Mar 31, 2008, 03:18 PM

Why don't we get drunk and screw

I'm a Jimmy Buffet fan.

FiresoleFiresoleNew Member
Mar 31, 2008, 03:21 PM

"DrAstroZoom wrote:

I'm a huge fan of Beck's lyrics:

Share your favorites!

What about:

Soy Un Perdedor!

NJFINSFAN1NJFINSFAN1Luxury Box
Mar 31, 2008, 03:21 PM

Your Misfortune
Album: Haughty Melodic
When your faith in life is gone
Come and speak to me
When you’re down and all messed up
Seek my sympathy

When everybody says no, no, no
Well it’s
Your misfortune and none of my own
Wrong, wrong, wrong
Well it’s your misfortune that sweetens my song

I can be the friend you want
I can be your confidante
I can be the right reminder at the right time
Throwing out the lifeline

When your face is caked with mud
Come and speak to me
When the chill creeps in your blood
Seek my sympathy

I can be the air you drink
Every single thought you think
I can be the right notion in the meantime
Warm you like the sunshine

Stand in the light. Stand in the light. Stand in the light.

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Mar 31, 2008, 03:23 PM

In the shade of the old Model T......

Just kidding just kidding..

I love MUCH of what Zep put down in writing

"In the light you will find a road..."...

ALalen1New Member
Mar 31, 2008, 04:02 PM

"finsgirlie wrote:

i am the beast feed me rappers or feed me beats

i dont even talk i let the visa speak and i like my sprite easter pink :thumbsup: i like lil wayne too, he's very very unique thats for sure...

i also like foo fighters and lifehouse lyrics....lifehouse is very romantic :)

"Ya lemme upgrade ya, you may be a model but i can front page ya"Weezy - He has ridiculous lyrics LOL.

LOL.

" B**** stand in line, respect me like a stop sign"

Rick 1966Rick 1966Forum Veteran
Mar 31, 2008, 04:22 PM

My favorite song, lyrics-wise, has to be "All This Time" by Sting.

Jt0323Jt0323Staff
Mar 31, 2008, 04:27 PM

Pearl Jam wrote:

Waitin', watchin' the clock, it's four o'clock, it's got to stop
Tell him, take no more, she practices her speech
As he opens the door, she rolls over...
Pretends to sleep, as he looks her over
She lies and says she's in love with him, can't find a better man...
She dreams in color, she dreams in red, can't find a better man...

Temple of the Dog wrote:

I don't mind stealing bread
From the mouths of decadence
But I can't feed on the powerless
When my cup's already overfilled

Shinedown wrote:

Some of the ugliest things took the longest time to make
And some of the easiest habits are the hardest one's to break
And I'm not asking for value nor the pain but I am asking
For a way out of this lie

Shinedown wrote:

The hardest question to answer
Is why

Audioslave wrote:

One upon a time I was of the mind
To lay your burden down
And leave you where you stood
And you believed I could
You'd seen it done before
I could read your thoughts
Tell you what you saw
And never say a word
Now all that is gone
Over with and done- never to return

I can tell you why
People die alone
I can tell you I'm
A shadow on the sun

Staring at the loss
Looking for a cause
And never really sure
Nothing but a hole
To live with a soul
And nothing to be learned

I can tell you why
People go insane
I can show you how
You could do the same
I can tell you why
The end will never come
I can tell you I'm
A shadow on the sun

Shapes of ever size
Move behind my eyes
Doors behind my eyes
Bolted from within
Every drop of flame
Lights a candle in
Memory of one
Who lives inside my skin

some of mine

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Mar 31, 2008, 05:16 PM

"alen1 wrote:

"Ya lemme upgrade ya, you may be a model but i can front page ya"Weezy - He has ridiculous lyrics LOL.

LOL.

" B**** stand in line, respect me like a stop sign"

Those are some pretty deep lyrics. :yawn:

finsgirliefinsgirlieLuxury Box
Mar 31, 2008, 05:19 PM

"Cool Calm Mike wrote:

Those are some pretty deep lyrics. :yawn:

didnt say they were deep....said they were unique

Colorado DolfanColorado DolfanNew Member
Mar 31, 2008, 05:34 PM

Nugget by Cake

Heads of State who ride and wrangle,
Who look at your face from more than one angle,
Can cut you from their bloated budgets
Like sharpened knives through Chicken McNuggets.
Now Heads of State who ride and wrangle,
Who look at your face from more than one angle,
Can cut you from their bloated budgets
Like sharpened knives through Chicken McNuggets.

Shut the **** up.
Shut the **** up.
Learn to buck up.
Shut the **** up.
Learn to buck up.

Now nimble fingers that dance on numbers
Will eat your children and steal your thunder,
While heavy torsos that heave and hurl
Who crunch like nuts in the mouths of squirrels.

Now nimble fingers that dance on numbers
Will eat your children and steal your thunder,
While heavy torsos that heave and hurl
Who crunch like nuts in the mouths of squirrels.

Shut the **** up.
Shut the **** up.
Learn to buck up.
Shut the **** up.
Learn to buck up.

Now simple feet that flicker like fire
And burn like candles in smoky spires
Do more to turn my joy to sadness
Than somber thoughts of burning planets.

Now clever feet that flicker like fire
And burn like candles in smoky spires
Do more to turn my joy to sadness
Than somber thoughts of burning planets.

Odd stuff to say the least but I can't help but smile every time I hear the song... :up:

Get dirty, get bloody, get sweaty...

...get happy.

-Cam Wake

DrAstroZoomDrAstroZoomLuxury Box
Mar 31, 2008, 05:39 PM

"Colorado Dolfan wrote:

Nugget by Cake

Odd stuff to say the least but I can't help but smile every time I hear the song... :up:

That whole CD is money.

cnc66cnc66Luxury Box
Mar 31, 2008, 05:54 PM

"Colorado Dolfan wrote:

Nugget by Cake

Odd stuff to say the least but I can't help but smile every time I hear the song... :up:

I had the garage open, it was say 9 am on a Saturday. I had Cake turned WAY up and I was focused on a piece of stone I was shaping happily singing away. At about "Can cut you from their bloated budgets" I noticed movement and looked up.. an elderly couple were at the end of the driveway and waved. Many of the neighbors would come by and check out my artwork and chat.

The song is moving along and I sense they are about to come up to visit.. "...knives through Chick.." oh my GOD ... I never even got close to the volume knob when the next four lines assaulted them.. she was visably taken aback, they quickly scurried away, never to wave or visit again....
Learn to buck up !

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Mar 31, 2008, 06:10 PM

Life's not a bitch. Life is a beautiful woman
You only call her a bitch cuz she won't let you get that p****
Maybe she didn't fell y'all shared any similar interests, or maybe you're just an a**hole who couldn't sweet talk the princess.

You were a still born baby
Mother didn't want you, but you were still born
Boy meets world, of course his pops is gone. What you figure?
That chalky outline on the ground is a father figure?
So he steps to the next stencil, that's a hustler
Infested with money and diamond cluster.

I never said I had a business mind
I just don't believe that quitting time exists, ain't no finish line to this
You got to give me mine, I really shine, my given time is this
Live and die by the grind driven by the fist
Where do you place my name if I never played your game?
We don't race the same, I don't run inside no painted lane
Plus y'all pace is strange, y'all either stop or you sprint
Run if it's sunny and hide if it change to rain
I wouldn't be half the Ali that I am if I slowed myself up and tried competing with these people, fam
I'm every bit as unconcerned as they are unprepared
Market flooded needles to say I wasn't scared
Let's all drop they same day, I don't f***ing care
Put listening stations in the store and let the public hear
Better yet, let's have an in-store performance
Make it oranges to oranges, me dwarfing your endurance
After that we'll shoot the s*** with our supporters
And see how many more discs of yours the Indie stores order
S*** you already knew I out rap em'
On the low we out work, out think, and out class em'

If I could I would keep this feeling in a plastic jar
Bust it out whenever someone's acting hard
Settle down, barbeque in the backyard
The kids get treats and old folks get classic cars
Every day that gets to pass is a success
Every woman looks better in a sun dress
The sunshine's an excuse to shoot hoops, get juice
Show improve their moves and let loose
I hear voices, I see smiles to match 'em
Good times and you can feel it in the fashion
Even though the heat cooks up the action
The streets still got butterflies
Enough kids to catch 'em
Riding my bike around these lakes man
Feeling like I finally figured out my escape plan
Take it all in and the day started off all wrong
Somehow now that hangover is all gone
Ain't nothing like the sound of the leaves
When the breeze penetrates these southside trees
Leaning up against one, watching the vibe
Forgetting all about the stress, thanking God I'm alive
It's so simple, I had to keep the song simple
When I get home I'm gonna open all the windows
Feeling all right, stopped at a stop sign
A car pulled up, bumping Fresh Prince's Summertime

That's some lyricism there.

quelonioquelonioNew Member
Mar 31, 2008, 06:12 PM

"cnc66 wrote:

I had the garage open, it was say 9 am on a Saturday. I had Cake turned WAY up and I was focused on a piece of stone I was shaping happily singing away. At about "Can cut you from their bloated budgets" I noticed movement and looked up.. an elderly couple were at the end of the driveway and waved. Many of the neighbors would come by and check out my artwork and chat.

The song is moving along and I sense they are about to come up to visit.. "...knives through Chick.." oh my GOD ... I never even got close to the volume knob when the next four lines assaulted them.. she was visably taken aback, they quickly scurried away, never to wave or visit again....
Learn to buck up !

Saw them live once here at hammerstein ballroom, McCrea tunrs to us and says something like "in world of Cake less is more so we are dropping the UP" anyways, the band starts a jam, and welll the crowd starts yelling "Shut the f..." and unavoidably a couple of dudes would always yell out UP... needless to say we stayed like 15 minutes in a long jam, till everyone got it right.


In the old times it was not a crime!!!!

DevilFin13DevilFin13Supporter
Mar 31, 2008, 06:27 PM

Some stuff from Pink Floyd

Money


Money, it's a crime.
Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie.
Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil today.
But if you ask for a raise it's no surprise that they're
giving none away.


Brain Damage

The lunatic is in my head.
The lunatic is in my head
You raise the blade, you make the change
You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane.
You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me.


Wish You Were Here (Waters, Gilmour) 5:17

So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from Hell,
Blue skys from pain.
Can you tell a green field
From a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?

And did they get you to trade
Your heros for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange
A walk on part in the war
For a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl,
Year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.

FinfangFinfangNew Member
Mar 31, 2008, 06:45 PM

Some cool lyrics from Alice Cooper. My favorite lyricist by far.

Dead Babies

Little Betty ate a pound of aspirin
She got them from the shelf upon the wall
Betty's mommy wasn't there to save her
She didn't even hear her baby call
(Waaah!)

Daddy is an agrophile in Texas
Mommy's on the bar most every night
Little Betty's sleeping in the graveyard
Living there in burgundy and white

Dead babies can take care of themselves
Dead babies can't take things off the shelf
Well we didn't love you anyway
Lalala-la, lalala-la, la la la

Bad Place Alone

We're cool, we're cold
We're stiff, we're tagged
We're slabbed, we're croaked
We're whacked, we're cracked
We're smoked and cured and slammed and slurred and sliced and diced and put on ice
Cooked and stewed and badly brewed and splattered once or twice

Cold Ethyl

One thing I miss is Cold Ethyl and her skeleton kiss
We met last night making love by the refrigerator light
Ethyl Ethyl let me squeeze you in my arms
Ethyl Ethyl come and freeze me with your charm

One thing, no lie, Ethyl frigid as an eskimo pie
She's cool in bed, yeah she oughta be 'cause Ethyl's dead
Ethyl, Ethyl let me squeeze you in my arms
Ethyl, Ethyl come and freeze me with your charms
Come on Cold Ethyl
Freeze me babe

Generation Landslide

Please clean the plate, dear
The Lord above can see ya
Don't you know people are starving in Korea?
Alcohol and razor blades and poison and needles
Kindergarten people - they used 'em, the need 'em
Over-indulging machines were their children
There wasn't a way down on Earth here to cool 'em
'Cause they look just like humans at Kresges and Woolworths
But decadent brains were at work to destroy
Brats in battalions were ruling the streets
Sayin' generation landslide closed the gap between 'em

And I laugh to myself at the men and the ladies
Who never conceived of us billion dollar babies
La da da dada

Ballad Of Dwight Fry

I think I lost some weight there
and I, I'm sure I need some rest
Sleepin don't come very easy
In a straight white vest
Should like to see that little children
She's only four years old.. old
I'd give her back all of her play things
even, even the ones I stole

See my lonely life unfold
I see it everyday
See my lonely mind explode
When I've gone insane

unifiedtheoryunifiedtheoryLuxury Box
Mar 31, 2008, 07:24 PM

Right in Two - TOOL

Angels on the sideline,
Puzzled and amused.
Why did Father give these humans free will?
Now they're all confused.

Don't these talking monkeys know that
Eden has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden, silly monkeys,
Where there's one you're bound to divide it.
Right in two.

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
And this is what they choose.
And this is what they choose...

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
Over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs,
They forge a blade,
And where there's one
they're bound to divide it,
Right in two.
Right in two.

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey.
Over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs.
They make a club.
And beat their brother, down.
How they survive so misguided is a mystery.
Repugnant is a creature who would squander
the ability to lift an eye to heaven,
conscious of his fleeting time here.

Cut it all right in two
Cut it all right in two
Cut it all right in two
Cut it all right in two

Fight over the clouds, over earth, over canyon
They fight for our love, for our blood, over heaven,
Fight over love, over sun,
over nothing, they fight till they die,
and for what? For their lives ending.

Angels on the sideline again.
Benched along with patience and reason.
Angels on the sideline again
Wondering when this tug of war will end.

Cut it all right in two
Cut it all right in two
Cut it all right in two

RIGHT IN TWO!

Right in two...

I'm on Twitter @ut_pez

Lt DanLt DanForum Veteran
Mar 31, 2008, 07:30 PM

Life it seems, will fade away
Drifting further every day
Getting lost within myself
Nothing matters no one else
I have lost the will to live
Simply nothing more to give
There is nothing more for me
Need the end to set me free

Things are not what they used to be
Missing one inside of me
Deathly lost, this cant be real
Cannot stand this hell I feel
Emptiness is filling me
To the point of agony
Growing darkness taking dawn
I was me, but now hes gone

No one but me can save myself, but its too late
Now I cant think, think why I should even try

Yesterday seems as though it never existed
Death greets me warm, now I will just say good-bye