1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Young man hung himself live on webcam

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by King Felix, Oct 11, 2010.

1. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    If they didn't want other people's attention, they wouldn't of broadcasted it.

2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I don't understand this statement at all.

3. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I don't know the situation completely. Like was he all ways on a webcam maybe he just got egged on to go through with it. You could be 100% right that it was for attention.

4. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    exactly - There are 2 kinds of suicide attempts. the failed attempts that are just for getting attention - i.e.- most teenagers bummed out over something stupid...and then they are the genuine mentally sick people who just can't go on. The post describing that suicide attempts are all just for attention is just flat out wrong. I can speak first hand as someone in my immediate family was severely manic depressed and committed suicide.

5. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    It is incredibly selfish, but again, it's not always about attention. teenagers, yes. others, not always the case.

6. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    It's more than attention. There have been many cases where people have hung themselves in their front yard. Your first reaction might be "Wow, this guy wanted the attention." Not so.

People make their suicides public for a few reasons. The main reason is to embarrass or shame their family. They feel that family (or neighbors in the case of people who've done it in their front yard) are partially to blame for their troubles.

This guy obviously felt that people on the internet were to blame for his problems, or at least wanted them to know his pain before killing himself. Wanted them to understand why he was doing it. It also could be that he didn't want to be alone while he did it. This is the other main reason people do it in a public setting. Dying alone is a great fear for a lot of people, even those suicidal.

/just a few credits shy of psychology degree
    //considers University of Phoenix

JCowScot and texasPHINSfan like this.
  7. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    HEY!
    I got an idea for SICK's next show!

Unicorns!

HardKoreXXX likes this.
  8. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Boom.

9. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    :up:

I think you hit the nail on the head here. Had he quietly offed himself, there wouldn't have been a "see, THIS is what you did" moment for his antagonizers or whoever/whatever it was that caused his pain. Perhaps it was to make a statement, while making those he feel wronged him have remorse? I think it is definitely NOT for attention, as what good would the attention do if you're dead? Attention is the battle cry of the failed attempts, for sure.

HardKoreXXX likes this.