1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yoga, Pilates and free food set Jets apart

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by ATVZ400, May 30, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    LINK
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks

BleedinGreenNC and njfinfan like this.
  2. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Its amazing to me that the Cardinals didn't have a meal program at their facility. Theres yet another reason why the franchise is so pathetic and has one playoff win in 40+ years of exsistence.

njfinfan likes this.
  3. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

He'd never seen stuff like that because he played for one of the worst teams ever. Most teams actually feed their players and have fitness programs other than free weights available. I'm assuming the Cards have free weights, of course.......

njfinfan likes this.
  4. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Isn't that the truth?? Well, that's one reason why Bidwell has the reputation of being a cheapskate. I would think it would be important to know for certain that your team is eating the right kinds of food, wouldn't you? And you do that by feeding them the food you want them to eat.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Ths isn't good for the Jets at all.

He no longer will be hungry to win since they feed him now. No wonder he played so good last year, he was hungry :rolleyes:

6. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    At least he will be limber.

BZ

7. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

Pace picked the jets because of food,Yoga & pilates...:sidelol:

To be honest,I'm glad he signed with them...and not us.

8. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    You won't be so glad after this season.

BZ

9. calphin

Sure I will:up:Its gonna be Jet fans who realize they over paid.:up:

10. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    There is no doubt in most Jets fans minds that we overpaid for Pace, but if he is able to give us 8-10 sacks a season and a consistent pass rushing threat, we'll take it. Nobody except the 15 sacks a year players like Merriman and Ware are worth what Pace received.

calphin likes this.
  11. calphin

the price was too high for a guy thats really only had one good year.we shall see though,if it was a good deal.:up:

12. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    Really? For me, if Pace the pace Gholston combo racks up 20 sacks, I am good. Again, it isn't so much about how many sacks but how well the defense does as a hole. If they disrupt the passing game, create 3rd and longs, fumbles and stop the run, they are worth all the money in the world.

Remember, you can't take the money with you and it isn't yours.

BZ

13. Jets81

Jets81 Junior Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Pilates almost insures that he'll never have gas pains on the field. Thats a positive in my book.

14. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    20 sacks? No thanks. You don't give Pace 6 years, $42 million with $20+ million guarenteed and Gholston will receive a similar contract and expect 20 sacks. You should expect more for that kind of dough. For that kind of dough, they should both have at least a dozen sacks a season with continuous pressure. Pressure the Quarterback all day long and rack up the sacks.

6 sack performances are not going to cut it. For that money, he best be a star and help this defense become one of the best in the NFL.

15. Jets81

Jets81 Junior Member

Dec 4, 2007
    I expect about 6-8 sacks from Pace next season. Anything over and above would obviously exceed my expectations for the guy.

I agree though that for what he got paid he should probably have more like a 10 sack preformance. I just don't see that happening.