1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yesterday's BWW story

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by anlgp, Nov 18, 2013.

1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I went out to BWW yesterday. I've been doing it a decent bit here, recently. A bit of a pre-story. One of my good friends is a real nice guy. He always asks "Hey, how are you doing?" to everyone, except the difference with him and others if you answer him he will continue the conversation and actually mean it. Normally, this goes swimmingly, and life moves along at a normal clip.

My plans yesterday included:
    • Hope to watch the Phins win!
    • watch Washington @ Philadelphia and hope the Eagles get their first home win in a billion years
    • Hope the Jets lose (aforementioned friend is a Jets fan)
    • Watch the KC@DEN game
    • Enjoy said time with friend, his brother, and other friend I invited in (Patriots fan)

This gets more interesting, I swear.

About mid-way through the day (sometime during the Phins game!) a woman - who none of us know - is visibly trashed.off.her.*** is walking from the bar by our table. My friend (Jets fan) goes "Hey, how are you doing?". The woman drunkenly answers and asks if she can sit down. SOB.

Okay, so the woman is sitting there talking about this and that (I can't understand what she's talking about except she keeps asking my friend if I'm his boyfriend over and over and over again. note: we're not and he mentions this every time, but not that there's anything wrong with that...). This woman then orders a beer. What the server at our table doesn't know is that the bar had just cut her off.

The server brings the beer out, the friend and her are chatting, and she breaks the glass and spills the beer everywhere. This pisses me off for a number of reasons: 1) you're waisting good beer 2) who are you to sit at our table and chat with us and ask intrusive questions and not take no for an answer 3) how does the bartender not communicate to their servers that this woman is cut off (I know little of the business, but since restaurants / bars can be liable for the woman going home drunk you would figure this would be common business practice) 3) I'M TRYING TO WATCH THE MOTHER ****ING GAME.

So, that's episode one.

Episode 2 occurs sometime during the KC @ DEN game. We're all sitting around. The drunk woman has left (servers had to run after her because she did not pay her bill!). This guy named Connie (I've had a class with him and my Jets fan friend knows him from BWW) comes up, and this.guy.can.talk.

He's talking about meeting celebrities and how ****ed up his childhood was and how things in his life are generally crazy. He goes away for a minute, and comes back with a jello shooter. I decline. CJ 101 is not taking candy from strangers (I don't know who he got it from) :lol:

This man is interrupting my peace and quiet during a football game that is after an incident where my peace had already been interrupted during the main game I wanted to see that afternoon.

But, hey, at least we won...

TiP54 likes this.
  2. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    OK. not to be offensive, but the point was?

3. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Probably just wanted to tell someone about his day?

Bpk likes this.
  4. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    What is BWW

Bpk likes this.
  5. anlgp

The point was an exercise in writing and storytelling.

That's part of it.

Buffalo Wild Wings. Sports bar.

Jt0323 likes this.
  6. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    "I`M TRYING TO WATCH THE MOTHER ****ING GAME"...was # 4 , not #3...See, I pay attention.

Frumundah Finnatic, Bpk and anlgp like this.
  7. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    BWW- Big Wide Woman

8. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    it's actually Big White Woman, as opposed to BBW, which is, well you know

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Paul 13 and anlgp like this.
  9. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I live in NC and of course wear a Miami jersey to the bar whenever I go there for games, so my giant pet peeve is when another Miami fan happens to show up and feels that our shared choice in team is a valid excuse to plop down next to me and chat it up like a coke-head WHILE MIAMI IS PLAYING. My patience wore thin with it so now I flat out tell them "Look, I'm here to watch the game, not listen to you talk.".

xphinfanx, gunn34 and anlgp like this.
  10. anlgp

I would probably make small chit chat about your awesome choice in football teams real quick and then enjoy the game.

11. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I'm good with that. I do the same and respect the common bond, but it's not a time I'm looking to develop a new best friend know what I'm sayin.

gunn34 and anlgp like this.
  12. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I see. You're an *******.

Rocky Raccoon and McLovin like this.
  13. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    No, stoopid, just lack patience when a random person doesn't have the awareness to realize he's interrupting what I'm obviously at the bar to do- watch the Dolphins. If they wanna chat more intensively before and after the game, that's cool, but during the game?... c'mon, might as well interrupt me in the middle of a golf swing or at the urinal taking a huge piss while they're at it. :yes:

unluckyluciano and anlgp like this.
  14. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    Bigbry Wants Weiner

Bpk likes this.
  15. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    A dude named Connie?

Jt0323 and Bpk like this.
  16. anlgp

Yup.

17. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    This is exactly the reason why I dont go to the bar to watch Dolphins games and haven't since around 1993.......

18. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Did you stick it in her?

19. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    You told me it's cuz your wife doesn't let you.

20. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    It's very easy to get rude in a bar when watching the Phins, went to see the Saints beat us and ended up breaking a pool cue in half when they bumped me for the third time. All the more reason to watch it at home.

21. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    Damn!!! got me

22. anlgp

This woman was as sloppy looking as she was drunk. In other words, no.

23. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Tell them your user name and if they're a member here it'll probably work better than telling them to leave.

:rimshot:

I remember sitting in my car at college and girl walks by and smiles at me. Being the handsome devil that I am I'm not too surprised but wasn't sure what the deal was. Later that day I'm waiting outside a class and she stands beside me. I was wearing a Dolphins shirt and she said, "I like your shirt, I'm a Dolphins fan too." So that's why she had smiled, she had seen my shirt. I just looked surprised and said, "Really?" Yeah, not the smoothest guy around. End of story.

Rocky Raccoon and ToddPhin like this.
  24. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Dolphins fan, huh?Well, see you later!

Starry31 and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  25. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    [​IMG]

Starry31, McLovin and anlgp like this.
  26. anlgp

Big gulps!

27. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I can't imagine watching a Dolphins game in a bar. Especially in Jersey. Hell, I can barely watch a game with other people around inside my house. I get pretty crazy during the games.

I remember when I watched my first game with my ex-girlfriend. It was against the Jets in that epic Monday night game in 2009 (Henne breakout game/Ronnie game winning TD) and as you know, it was a crazy back and forth game. We were together for about 2 months at the time. She kind of sat back on her laptop as I'm screaming and cursing and cheering and talking to myself during the game. She got a kick out of it and to her credit, never said a bad word. Who knows what it would have been like if we didn't win, but either way, I'm surprised she stuck with me for so long after that night. :lol:

Bpk likes this.
  28. anlgp

hopefully you are not near Camden.

29. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Nope, not terribly. About an hour drive or so.

30. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I hate watching games at bars, but watching at Sport Books are worse. Everyone thinks they know everything about football

31. anlgp

What's a sports books?

32. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Bandwidth waste.

anlgp likes this.
  33. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Tip: Stories are better if they end with sex.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.