1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yes, another stolen idea...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dolphindebby, May 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    If, or when, you have kids-would they have to be Dolphin fans, or, would they have a choice in it?

My kids didn't, still don't, and their grown.
    I've told you guys before, they were either fans or sent to the orphanage. LOL
    My daughter didn't even know there were other teams until she got up older and in school.
    Their 27 and 36 now and still tow the line when it comes to THE team.

My grandgirls are the same. Either love the Dolphins or no cookies, toys or anything. LOL LOL.
    They watch the games with me (when & if we get to see one.) and wear their jerseys and cheerleading unis with pride.

So, how about all of you.......

Fin-Omenal and Fin D like this.
  2. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I wouldn't care what profession, religion, or even sexual orientation my kids would turn out to be, they will be Dolphin fans!

Big E, SICK, opfinistic and 2 others like this.
  3. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    doesn't matter to me. I grew up near NY and was supposed to be a Giants, Jets or Patriots fan. But I loved watching Marino play, loved the passing game. The Dolphins were a natural fit and it stuck.

if I was growing up these days, I'd probably be an Indianapolis fan for the same reasons. Now that I care more about 'football culture', maybe the Steelers. I imagine my kids will have different things they like and dislike about football. Since football has always been an individual thing for me rather than family, I see no reason to push it.

Colorado Dolfan and opfinistic like this.
  4. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    I'm 3rd generation. When the family watches a game all you see is Aqua and Orange. If I had a kid, he would have to be a fan or else I'd sell him to the Egyptians.

dolphindebby, Fin D and SICK like this.
  5. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    One thing Ive noticed about living in Florida, is that because so many people move here from other parts of the country, their kids don't often become fans of our local teams.

It's funny too. Because I meet people constantly who are Marlins fans, Heat fans, UM fans and then they are Cowboys or Steelers fans. Makes no sense to me.

opfinistic likes this.
  6. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    If we gave IQ tests to potential new residents, that would change.

7. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    sometimes, the more you push a kid in one direction, the further they go in another. rather than a "punishment system" for Dolfandom, I'll use a reward system.

"Oh, you're a Giant fan? Thats too bad, if you liked the Dolphins, we'd probably be going to Disney next week...but its all good. Daddy loves you. Go big blue right?"

8. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I'm the son of an Eagles fan. I don't want kids but as long as I wasn't a fan of the Cowboys, Redskins or Giants I don't think my dad really cared much. And as long as we don't meet in the SB of course.

9. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    And if they gave them to existing residents, there'd only be a few of us left.

Fin D and opfinistic like this.
  10. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    :yes:

And who would work for the government local government?

Fin D likes this.
  11. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    My dad was a Packer fan, as well as his whole family and my moms parents. The rest of my moms parents were Bears fan (I spent quite a few years living in Chicago and Green Bay) yet I still turned out a Miami fan, go figure. :)

opfinistic likes this.
  12. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Proof that evolution is real?

Fin D likes this.
  13. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    i have a lot of nieces and nephews in grade school in the philly suburbs, and A LOT of them are cowboy fans. you now how crazy(in a not so good way) these iggle fans are. theres gonna be an issue for the next generation of fan.

14. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I never had to even worry about it. From the very beginning my kids have all had that "we"; "us" mentality concerning the Dolphins.
    Until.......
    my youngest daughter has decided to split her allegiance between the Dolphins and the Colts (!!!!).
    My wife is a Colts fan so that's where that came from.
    Still since I'm the more fervent fan my youngest girl tends to lean more towards the Fins.

opfinistic likes this.
  15. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

I'd be a Patriots fan if my parents had their way, so I owe it to my kids to treat them as my parents treated me.

Thankfully they're all Dolphins fans, though my 8-year-old daughter has a strange fascination with the Lions...

opfinistic likes this.
  16. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    its the only time youll hear me be a hater....when my like 5 or 6 year old cousin came to me and said he was a giants fan, i told him they were all ugly and kicked puppys when they werent playing football and he should be a dolphins fan. we love animals, thats why we are named after a peaceful one.

17. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    No one in my family watched football. My dad didn't like sports.

When I moved to GA, my husband watched a lot of football. He was a Chargers fan. BUT, I saw the superbowl against the cowboys and just completely fell in love with the Dolphins. The tv was black and white.
    We had the same tv the perfect season, didn't see their colors much. But aqua was always my favorite color-so-that, to me was a bonus.:up:

Oh by the way, in that chargers game we lost, my husband never opened his mouth. I was a wild and loud fan back then. No one would even call me during a game. I'm a tad calmer now. :wink2:

18. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    That's because only an 8 year old can understand Detroit's front office.

Colorado Dolfan and Big E like this.