1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yeremiah Bell embraces new role

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Miguel, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Miguel

Miguel The smartest Man on earth

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1317255.html

As a kid growing up in Winchester, Ky., Dolphins safety Yeremiah Bell never had a younger brother. Never had any younger siblings at all.

``I had an older sister,'' Bell said Wednesday, smirking as if he knew exactly where this conversation was headed.

Well, consider this your welcome to big brotherhood, Bell.

Now for a quick suggestion: You might want to resist taking advantage of your newly acquired rite of passage when it comes to delivering noogies. Those new little brothers? They're kind of big.

Bell, who is facing a situation no other defensive back in the NFL must endure, has the strange but welcomed task of leading the youngest secondary in the league -- a unit that now is composed of a hard-to-fathom three rookies and a sixth-year veteran in Bell.

A big brother? Actually, Dolphins coach Tony Sparano took the title a step further.

``Yeremiah is kind of like the grandfather back there right now,'' Sparano said. ``He's handling it pretty well. He realizes in this situation there are going to be some bumps in the road and some things that he has to help get organized back there. So he is spending a lot more time studying it, those type of things.''

Clipse and HULKFish like this.
  2. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Best of luck to Bell. I've always liked him.

3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Wow.....i really had no idea that we were going there with clemons...holy sh#@ man, lol...we now have to be the youngest starting football team in the NFL.......i cant believe were still winning games...3 rooks in the secondary against Tom brady, lol....i love sparano you bad azz.

Clemons looked like good against the jets, his speed and physical play flashed thruought the game...

I cant believe this happened overnight like this....iam blown away with the size of our regimes cahones...

Whats interesting to me is even though clemons started,gibril had his best game...anyone know in what position he got most of his reps he against the jets.

I have no pressure on my team this week, i dont expect them to win the game, however, with how overrated the patriots are {any team who loses Seymour, Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison, Green, yet is still top 5 in the rankings is overrated} i see one of the youngest starting football units in the league, hangin in there, with a decent chance to pull one out considering 2 things, #1, we have played in big games with lots of pressure, they have had a lollipop ride, and #2, were a better road team then home team....depressing but true.

4. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Well we don't really use a true free and strong safety...its a right and left safety. It looked to be that he was backing up both spots. On the hit that knocked Sanchez in to next week he came from the right side but on a few other plays he came from the left.

Re clemons...I think we will see plenty of him Wilson and Jones in an attempt to make up for will Allen being out. Everyone is going to have to step up their game to help the team in that respect.

5. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Did anyone see Clemons in with our base 3-4? I only recall him playing in nickel/dime packages...