1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WR Ginn announces arrival with monster performance

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Miami - Pro Football Weekly

The problem for Ginn was that the arrival of the “Wildcat” alignment for the offense only stalled his development. Instead of finding ways to incorporate him into the game plan, the offense was built around creating for RBs Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams. But with the “Wildcat” and running game stalling in recent weeks, offensive coordinator Dan Henning realized it was time to get more production out of a stagnant passing attack.

anlgp and pennphinfan like this.
  2. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    nice read, thanks

i still feel like we'll see ginn being incorporated into the wildcat somehow. maybe lining him up where ricky usually is and having him run the sweep to the outside? that or line him up where pennington is. i know its obvious that if penny doesn't come to the huddle that we're running some sort of trick play, but you'd have to admit it would be downright confusing with all those skill players on the field figuring out which was gonna end up with the ball.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  3. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

We all know that Henning is basically non-imaginative when it comes to calling a game offensively. He tends to stick to things a little too long, whether that be if those things are working or not working...I wonder how much input Sparano has, particularly during the game when adjustments need to be made ?? I don't see a whole lot of adjustments being made during the games...they tend to have a set number of plays, old and new for that week and those are the ones that are run ??

Anyone else see that ?? It's just that the Wildcat has gone a little stale at times and he continues to use it or use the same variations in a game rather than reverting back to what was working the week before or whatever...just seems that he's a little un-imaginative...

4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I just hope Ginn can become consistent and deliver some more big games. Every time I see Steve Smith play, I think of maybe what Ginn could be. Even a guy like Santana Moss, or Lee Evans. If Ginn can do what those guys do, we could finally turn the corner at WR.

5. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Speed kills !!!!! Ginn looked like a Covette that kicked in the turbo boosters after that one long run he made down the sideline. He also almost juked a Bill's d-back out of his shoes at the end of the play. I see more of the same against Denver's crappy secondary, especially as Champ Bailey won't be playing.

6. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Speaking of Ginn and the Wildcat in the same article, I think it's about that time to put the two together for a couple of plays this week. Now that defenses know what Ted Ginn is capable of, along with the fact that they've all seen what the Wildcat can do.......substituting Ginn for say, Patrick Cobbs in the formation could come up big one way or another. I'd like to see him at WR, RB, and even QB in that formation.

7. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    the only thing about that is if Ginn is lined up at WR in the wildcat, you KNOW defenses are going to be sure to have him covered. IMO it worked with Cobbs in Houston because Cobbs isn't exactly a real threat...Ginn is.

But I do agree they should get Ginn involved in it somehow.