1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda about Dolphins draft

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 26, 2010.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Woulda, coulda, shoulda about Dolphins draft
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...sweblog+(Miami+Dolphins+|+Sun-Sentinel+Blogs)

stoodioratt, Onehondo, eric and 16 others like this.
  2. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I like the Jones pick, I was praying they didnt select Mays, I like all their picks, was there sexy, bigger names at the time sure, but you can see where they are going, and what they envision the defense being like....now the question is will they pan out...

With Jerry, at first I was livid, but then when you look at it, they could very well possibly just have netted a starter in the 3rd round, something that alot of people on the forum was saying is rare...To have Long and Carey as the bookend, Incogntio at LG, Grove at C, Jerry could very well get the start on Week 1....We all know Thomas isnt exactly what they envisioned him to be, but for a 7th rounder, he is a fine backup....not sure they look at Berger as an everyday starter, but is the starter WHEN Grove gets hurt again, and Smiley is whatever at this point.....that puts Jerry right in the mix of the competition, along with the other FA's they signed in the offseason before the draft...

BTW, whats up with Smiley, they told the guy not to show up to OTA's....but didnt deal him...

3. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    No, none of that would make me feel any better. I presume the FO wouldn't draft the players unless they liked them. That doesn't mean they're correct in their assessment. I also really don't like trying to put Starks at NT and ignoring that need in the draft. I'd feel much better if they signed a FA in that position.
    I also think they should have stayed at 12 and taken Thomas.

4. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    You must be a glass is all the way empty kind of guy. You have been dead set in your position against this draft since last Thursday. We get it, you don't like it but just because they didn't take the guys you wanted doesn't mean it was a bad draft. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

eric, Made in Dade and gunn34 like this.
  5. SCPhinFan

SCPhinFan Junior Member

Jan 6, 2008
    I love our draft. If I had 1 wish, I wish we would have been able to get burnett in the 3rd but I cant complain because you cant win em all. Our front office did an outstanding job!

6. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    We stay at 12 and we do not get Misi who is one of my favorite picks of this draft.

Larry Little likes this.
  7. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Burnett in the third would have been the cheery on top...

SCPhinFan likes this.
  8. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    I felt like we needed a LB heavy draft like this since we run the 3-4 with okay LB's. We needed LB's who could also cover. I'm happy we went after a big *** guard, as well (even if that *** has hemmorhoids). And, oh yeah, I'm really starting to warm up to the Reshad Jones pick after watching his youtube highlights.
    However, why we continually passed on Cam Thomas in the later rounds made me feel like a tool for reading all the predraft garbage (even if Starks moves to NT).

9. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Of course Omar never says he ACTUALLY spoke to anyone. He just says what if.....

More media stuff.

Rick 1966 and finyank13 like this.
  10. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I can completely see your rationale.

I think Thomas may end up a special player at one of the most glaring need positions we had on defense.

A ballhawk FS can be just as big a gamechanger as a top WR can.

However, seeing we used our 2nd rounder for an impact player, I just can't blame them for the decision to trade down and recoup that 2nd round pick.

Deep draft and they felt they needed multiple quality bodies to get us over the hump rather than just one. It was a sacrifice but the smartest decision.

I'm still stuck on the decision to invest our first on a DE with the depth we have rather than on the quality pass rushing OLB in Hughes who was there.

Hopefully Misi turns out to be the pressure guy we need at OLB and it will justify the Odrick pick.

Rick 1966 likes this.
  11. Delfin Alejandro

Delfin Alejandro Premier League Champs

Dec 12, 2008
    Great Article....

12. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    i'd change a couple things on your o-line.incognito has been brought in for the rg spot to add competition and most probly upseat d.thomas who has been falling out of the fo's good graces due to his injuries and the fact that he is one dimensional.now that leaves smiley who at lg is not being aloud to participate in any of the reigndeer games.we have until week 6 to move smiley and eventually someone is going to need a gaurd on the fly.ireland has said atleast twice that jj or "dynomite" as i like to call him will get every opurtunity to be the starting lg as of the day he was drafted.
    even if it falls smiley at lg and thomas at rg we had one o-lineman play 3 different positions in one game late last yr.great pick at a need buried by others.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  13. Made in Dade

Made in Dade New Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Palm Beach,fl
    I loved our draft. I think in two or three years there are five guys from this draft that will be starters. All these guys are smart, dedicated, self motivated, over-achievers that can play football. If all everyone cares about at this point is grades for the draft check out Foxsports.com. They gave Miami an A. http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/...cards-gallery-042410#sport=NFL&photo=11162472

The UFA we signed from Duke. Can't remember his name could be a good player as well.

14. Rick 1966

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    No, I will continue to state my opinion just as those who loved the picks continue to state theirs.

15. Rick 1966

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I'm good with that.

16. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia