would you trade a first this year and a first next year?
25 replies
would you trade 2 first round picks for sean peyton and drew brees? maybe we get away with a first and a third, who knows the cost...
the question is would you give up high picks for peyton and brees package?
Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling.
I don't think that is financially feasible to take on Brees. But no. Love Payton as a coach but not for a pick, and Brees is declining fast.
No I would not. While I believe Brees is a much better QB than Tannehill. The Saints haven't been any better than the Dolphins the past few years.
Both teams have many holes on their rosters and by the time the Dolphins fill enough of these holes, Brees will be 40 years old and out of the league.
As far as Payton is concerned. He isn't worth one first round pick, much less two first round picks with Brees included. If the Saints fire him, I would have no problem with the Dolphins hiring him. But they have far too many needs to be giving up draft picks for a head coach who really hasn't done anything since coming back from his one year suspension.
no, im not sure how good of a coach payton is, brees is about to turn 37.
byroan;2178644 wrote:
Tannehill could have had more time had Clabo just fell down and forced Mario to step over him.

"dullfandan wrote:
would you trade 2 first round picks for sean peyton and drew brees? maybe we get away with a first and a third, who knows the cost...
the question is would you give up high picks for peyton and brees package?
No way! This team needs young talent everywhere.
Only if the picks were in 2039 and 2040.
Brees is a free agent this year and coming off a year in which he made over 30M I believe he'd make at least that on a franchise tag...I don't believe you can make less by being franchised. Could be wrong though.
"Boik14 wrote:
Brees is a free agent this year and coming off a year in which he made over 30M I believe he'd make at least that on a franchise tag...I don't believe you can make less by being franchised. Could be wrong though.
Actually Brees won't be a free agent until after the 2016 season. If a team wants him other than the Saints next year, they will have to trade for him.
"Bpk wrote:
We are ten years too late on Brees.
i would have gladly taken him five years ago, but I get your point. Of course with the total lack of talent on this team in those last five years, Brees would have probably been on injured reserve more than he would have been playing if he had been a Dolphin.
Absolutely not. Leveraging our future for maybe a winning season next year or two is not worth it.
It's time to go back to the basics. Build in the draft, start getting players that can win in the trenches and sign free agents who aren't the biggest splashes but can be solid starters or contributors.
Nothing like getting Brees 10 years late, only to realize we were 10 years too late
"dullfandan wrote:
would you trade 2 first round picks for sean peyton and drew brees? maybe we get away with a first and a third, who knows the cost...
the question is would you give up high picks for peyton and brees package?
:lol:

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
Only if they also bring an o-line, d-line, secondary and linebackers with them.
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
No but id consider it for Joey Bosa..
I wouldn't give up one 1st round pick, let alone two, no thanks.

why would you trade anything for a guy that's going to be fired and a qb who's going to be cut.
Exactly... I wouldn't give a box of rocks for either of them.
"CaribPhin wrote:
You know who I wish would be available? That Jim Harbaugh guy up in San Fran. That guy really turned that franchise around but it's crazy to think a coach that good could shake loose.
He does have a brother, you know.
