1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you shoot a man over Lobster?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by azfinfanmang, Sep 5, 2009.

Tags:
  1. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    When my wife and I took a vacation to New England, one thing of interest that I took back was how Lobster Fishermen interact.
    I dont remember exactly who was educating me, but he told me about how each Lobster Hunter has his own defined territory. Everybody else in the industry knows and understands this. Its how they all stay in business...

Well, apperantely, somebody crossed that line....and got shot...in the neck. Interesting Cultural outlook IMO

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090904/ap_on_re_us/lobster_wars

2. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Just read an article that says the wholesale price of lobster is down to $2.99/LB.

A life-long fisherman says he spent $70 on fuel and another $50 on supplies to bring back about $70 worth of lobster on a recent day of fishing.

That's pretty messed up; in part I think it explains the desperation that caused this incident.

3. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    It's not really about lobster. Its about money, livelihood and territory. People shoot each other over those things all the time. In fact, that's what I would guess half of all shootings are about. The other half are probably over love, jealousy and religion.

Colorado Dolfan and Silverphin like this.