1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would You like this draft?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by NJFINSFAN1, Jan 14, 2011.

1. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Now, I highly doubt it happens, but stranger things have happened

15. Ryan Mallett
    After a few weeks of having QB as top priority, one finally is worthy of the #15 pick. Mallett is in the mold of the newest wave of young QBs - huge. He's 6-6, 238 with a strong arm. The biggest knack on the Razorback, on the field, is his lack of accuracy at times. However, he has shown improvement in that area over the last 2 seasons. Unfortunately for him their are some lingering character concerns and those murmurs could hurt him come draft day. Many Dolphins fans want a young QB to come in an compete with Henne. This would be an interesting selection, since Mallett started his career at Michigan behind Henne. - Joe Mays, Dolphins Analyst

79. Shane Vereen California- RB

110. Mike McNeill Nebraska- TE

143. Dom DeCicco Pitt - SS

174. Derrick Locke Kentucky- RB

206. Will Hill Florida- SS

207. Aldrick Robinson SMU- WR

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1.asp

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I don't think I would like it, but I could learn to. I don't really want Mallett, so I'd be a little sour just because of that. However, getting him at #15 would ease some of the feeling.

Edit: We're passing on Gabbert and Newton for Mallett? Hell no I wouldn't like that draft. :lol:

Edit2: Taking Vereen over Ryan Williams? I guess I could see it if injuries are a concern. McNeill over interior OL like Orlando Franklin and John Moffit? Ugh.

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    No, do not mind Mallet, but do not like:

-Too high a pick on a running back
    -2 SS's? Why?

Centers typically fall in the draft, we could use one, along with a left guard.

4. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I pretty much agree with this. I could live with Mallett at 15, but not if there were a chance to get Gabbert or Newton.

I don't know much about Vereen, but there are some other guys I like a lot more and while there's no shot Ryan Williams falls that far unless there is some kind of serious medical red flag there isn't another HB not named Ingram I would take ahead of Williams.

Along with Padre I don't undersand doubling up at SS. There really isn't even a need there with Bell having a very good second half and Jones' ability to play there, but I could maybe see them taking one.

It's definitely missing offensive linemen.

5. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    No center?!

A couple problems with this mock. They've got Mallett as the 1st QB off the board and none of the first 14 teams taking a QB. Also they have not figured in compensatory picks which will have a significant effect where players are drafted in the later rounds.

That being said I am not opposed to Mallett. With Luck staying in school, there is no clear cut #1 QB prospect. Gabbert looks good but is he head and shoulders above Mallett? There's just no way of knowing which one will prove to be the better NFL quarterback.

Both of them are probably better than Locker. And definitely better than Ponder. Devlin is a bit of an enigma since he has not faced big time competition.

Cam Newton might be the best QB in this draft. Or he might be the next Vince Young. Big roll of the dice with him. However I doubt he could be any worse than Henne.

Shane Vereen is a solid if not exciting pick. Noel Devine would be more exciting but also comes with more of bust/injury bug factor.

Mike McNeill in the 4th is an excellent pick. However I would prefer we go in a different direction position-wise.

Dom DeCicco and Will Hill are awful picks. Terrible.

There are other running backs I prefer to Derrick Locke.

Aldrick Robinson would be an excellent pick but not as good as Kris Adams from UTEP.

6. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I didn't click on the link but reading what you just said, I'm not so sure I think highly of whoever did this one.