1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would You Do This Trade????

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Roman529, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Why in the world would they trade a 2nd for a 12 game rental, when they have almost no chance of winning with or without Moore?

2. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    #character

3. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    How about this: You want a high character, high talent WR? Try drafting one on the first day of the draft.

4. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Becuase there are still 12 games left and Moore was the mvp last year. I doubt they would even want to but they are in a pickle just throwing it at the wall.

5. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    Agreed. Extremely rare to find one in free agency. You'll need to find one in the draft. Where in the draft is debatable IMO, but the draft is where they come from.

6. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    By all means feel free to debate the importance of character. I'm just pointing out that this team has shown how much it values character, for better or worse, since Philbin was hired.

7. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    But since the Dolphins haven't drafted one in the first two rounds since Ireland has been here, wouldn't you say free agency or a trade is more likely?

8. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    No. The Dolphins didn't draft a first round QB under Ireland until they did draft a first round QB under Ireland. We are talking about such a small sample size that its impossible to say that drafting one in the first two rounds is unlikely. What we do know is what they look for in WRs. Its a matter of what they're looking for being available to them.

Free agency certainly could bring us some WRs. But they aren't going to be the type that will cost a lot. Maybe a Devery Henderson, or someone along those lines. Maybe even Greg Jennings if he isn't costing a lot. But there isn't any evidence that they would want a guy like Dwayne Bowe, nevermind pay him a lot of money.

9. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    It's really not that small of a sample size, but OK. And you're talking about a GM who gave up multiple draft picks and made a WR the highest paid ever.

10. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    The thing I agree with the most and would tip the scales for me is his play lately. Not a top OT in my eyes. I think he's getting votes on reputation at this point.

The highlighted part. Is it his health?????? How long can one person stay unhealthy?

MrClean likes this.
  11. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    On the original topic I'm not even sure it's useful to debate something so likely to be incendiary while simultaneously unlikely to be reflected in reality.

One trade I have been kicking around though would be to see if the Cardinals would trade Michael Adams for Tony McDaniel. Darnell Dockett is ailing and it was clear their defense wasn't the same without him. Nick Eason and Vonnie Holliday are weak substitutes.

By trading Tony McDaniel you get the remaining $2.3 million of his salary off your books, and in return you get a guy in Adams that is actually a pretty good slot corner. He replaced Richard Marshall in that role a year ago and played it pretty well. The Cardinals really like Jamell Fleming their 3rd round pick from this year's Draft and they seem to want to put Greg Toler on the field as well. They've been having Fleming play the outside while William Gay shifts into the slot. Gay hasn't been playing that well from there but he just signed a two year $3.2 million deal with the Cardinals this year so he's not a free agent until 2014 and they probably like him. Meanwhile Michael Adams is a free agent after this year and I'm sure he's reading the writing on the wall and is ready to leave.

Then you can move Richard Marshall to safety and have him practice there without the pressure to play for a few weeks through the bye week. I'm not saying keep him inactive but you could spice him in rotationally while he gets used to the safety position and then try and do it more full time after the bye. He's a good communicator and as Chris Clemons' replacement he would work on Sean Smith's side a lot, and those two get along real well, communicate well.

I envision through the second half of the season Marshall playing safety opposite Reshad Jones while Nolan Carroll plays the perimeter corner spot opposite Sean Smith, and Michael Adams mans the slot instead of Jimmy Wilson who is way too inconsistent. Adams' transition to this defense should be quick as the secondary coach Louie Cioffi was Kevin Coyle's assistant in Cincinnati for 7 or 8 years.

12. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Trading DL for CB is exactly what I've been pushing for.

This would be a smart move, rather than letting McDaniel sit inactive while our CBs get toasted. The question is, are the Cardinals motivated enough so long as they keep winning? I say no. The pressure to execute a trade will come as there are consequences (i.e. losses) because of their lack of of DL depth.

In principle, though, this sort of move is what I am TOTALLY banging the drum for.

ssmiami likes this.
  13. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

His pass blocking has been ok. The run blocking problems are as likely from his adapting to the zone scheme than it is his health.

14. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I have no idea why anyone thinks another NFL team would trade a second round draft pick for Moore. In fact I don't see any team trading any pick for Moore. He will be a free agent as soon as the season is over. I have no doubt Moore will leave after this season and he will be a back-up next year with another NFL team. I am sure anyone interested in Moore realizes he will soon be a free agent and there is no reason for them to give the Dolphins a draft pick for him this season.

The Titans aren't going to make the playoffs this year and they already have QB's, Hasselbeck and Rusty Smith on their roster. Locker is not expected to be out for the remainder of the season, therefore the Titans aren't looking to trade for a QB at this time. Especially a back-up QB who will be a free agent in a few months.

15. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    So wait until they lose a game in what's turning out to be a competitive NFC West, then trade them.

16. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    McDaniels has been injured for the entire regular season, so far. Why would another team want to trade for one injured player to fill in for another injured player? What sense does that make? I really don't care if the Dolphins trade McDaniels. I just don't understand why another team would want to trade for a player who has been injured since the preseason.

MrClean likes this.
  17. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Can you be GM? :D

18. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

That's my sentiments exactly. McDaniel is damaged goods right now. Why would any other team want to relieve us of damaged goods in exchange for a decent corner back?

19. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house

and if they dont I would laugh at him, kidding,

what we hould do is trade for dez and bring back chambers and then add another cornerback and we're off to the playoffs.

:up:

20. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

what he said...you don't trade away Jake Longs...you just don't...

21. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Jesus H Christ, you people and your WR hard ons.

It is beyond ridiculous at this point. We needed a coach, a QB, and to shore up the o & d lines. The next step is WRs. There are only so many draft picks. If the team listened to you guys we wouldn't have drafted Tanny.