1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

With the contracts the Jets have given

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by mroz, Aug 25, 2010.

Tags:
  1. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Ferguson and Mangold... and are soon to give Revis how do they keep any other quality players? <not being a smart ***... just wondering>

What does their cap number look like right now?

2. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    there is no cap number for this year, thats why they can just throw cash at anybody.....next year if the CBA comes back, most certainly the cap will, and thats when you see the effects of their ways...they will have to cut some people I would gather...

3. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    They probably wont be able to re-sign guys like Braylon Edwards or Santonio Holmes. David Harris needs a new contract and I'm sure Cromartie might want one soon. It's going to be interesting to say the least for them.

4. Brakos

Brakos New Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Houston metro
    Also, I'd be willing to bet these mega-deals are front-loaded to pay out big for the 2010 season, then progress normally from 2011 onwards.

5. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    This year's deals yes. The problem is they're going to have vary the deals of the guys they'll need to sign next year, because they're not going to get away with front-loading all of them.

I've posted on here before all the Jets players who will be either RFA or UFA next year. I'm too lazy to look it up now, but let's just say there's gonna be a lot of new faces on that team next year.