With Miller gone and at 13...
69 replies
Come on we now have the 13th Pick it a omen our number our time. We also didn't win a championship and then end up with Mark Sanchez as our QB. Buck up people
Hopefully they will select the best LB or CB left on the board with that pick. That is much too high to take what is considered a weak class of guards in this draft.
I was was hoping they would take Elliott if he was still on the board, after losing Miller. Yet if Anderson ends up with the Dolphins, I doubt RB will be a priority in the early rounds of the draft for them.
"E.CANE wrote:
so are you telling me that RT and Suh are our best players ? Because if my memory serves me correctly we've gotten rid of our best players each of the last 4 seasons ! They're the big part of the reason there isn't enough money to try and keep some of these guys
How are they not?
I think Reshaud Jones is in the discussion for our best player of the year award. I hope we are now in a position to draft Darron Lee

"Shane Falco wrote:
How about Ezekiel Elliot? With him and Ajayi we are studly at RB.
Thoughts?
I don't think there was much thought put into this. Be extremely ignorant for a team in Miamis position to draft a rb 13th overall unless he was an Adrian Peterson specimen. He's not and hopefully the dolphins front office is smarter than any fan who thinks this is a smart way to go. Opportunity cost....
"Ronnie Bass wrote:
We need a guard in the worst way, go to go there with the pick.
If u think Miami HAS to go Guard 13th overall you're going to be disappointed draft day. At least I hope you are. If the Fins take a linemen 13th it better be a LT/RT. Dolphins need impact players across the damn board and we re talking running backs and guards. I wish we actually had the luxury of doing that. The idea that the Fins are competing for a serious run this year is nonsense. Therefore u don't go reaching for need at a non impact position. We don't have a single linemen on our team worth more than they're getting paid. Our qb has shown to be mediocre thus far and we have holes are every level on D. The only position on offense we have youth and talent at is WR.
"Pandarilla wrote:
Somebody's gonna drop. We may get Hargreaves at 13, who knows. Elliot is probably off the board, but I'm more inclined to Derrick Henry, myself.
I would try and drop, if possible. If not, well then we could still probably take bpa. Leonard Floyd is extremely intriguing at 13.
If we can drop, Nkemdiche, Derrick Henry, etc.
I think you're on to something there. Ronnie Stanley, Leonard Floyd (whom I love as a prospect), or Reggie Ragland. I also think you look at Emanuel Ogbah.
I would seriously consider taking him. Elliott is probably the biggest playmaker in the draft. If you look at how explosive he is and his breakaway speed, you can really see how he could change the course of the game.
To all of you who say that shoring up our interior line, you are NOT wrong. The crazy thing is, finding guards really should not be that hard. For whatever reason, Miami has found a way to make this incredibly difficult which is an organizational problem. My logic is that finding playmakers is more difficult than finding interior linemen (unless you are the Dolphins). If the front office was doing a better job of boosting our interior, it would be easier for us to take Elliott.
"tirty8 wrote:
I would seriously consider taking him. Elliott is probably the biggest playmaker in the draft. If you look at how explosive he is and his breakaway speed, you can really see how he could change the course of the game.
To all of you who say that shoring up our interior line, you are NOT wrong. The crazy thing is, finding guards really should not be that hard. For whatever reason, Miami has found a way to make this incredibly difficult which is an organizational problem. My logic is that finding playmakers is more difficult than finding interior linemen (unless you are the Dolphins). If the front office was doing a better job of boosting our interior, it would be easier for us to take Elliott.
Agreed. Spending high picks on interior linemen is not a very smart way to go unless there's a once in a decade type player and/or you're on the cusp of playing deep in the playoffs. The Dolphins are nowhere closer to the playoffs than they were 4 yrs ago when we FINALLY spent a high pick on a qb. Hasn't worked out yet and likely never will but those are the chances you should be taking. Pass rushers, DB, QB are the most important imo. Dolphins have some good pass rushing options. Suh, Phillips are insanely athletic big men and Williams and Wake if healthy could still combine for 20 sacks. Thill has talent and another offense to try to improve so that leaves us with DB. We need corners and a safety. Wanted Earl Thomas in the worse way in that draft. Safety has become a much more important than position. The 2 biggest needs at the most impactful positions for the Fins is clearly DB and LB. Load up on ol in the mid rounds and do some damn developing.
"invid wrote:
I think you're on to something there. Ronnie Stanley, Leonard Floyd (whom I love as a prospect), or Reggie Ragland. I also think you look at Emanuel Ogbah.
I think Ogbah is fools gold. No technique, no moves...Ragland, meh. Floyd is unselfish, fast, can cover receivers in the slot, not an instinctual mlb, but is stouter than you would think. He can dip his shoulder well when rushing. He'd be a great slb, but just like Dion, you just want him to rush the passer. He's way too light to play DE.
Imagine Dion Jordan at SLB, Kiko Alonso at MLB and Leonard Floyd at WLB. That would be an insanely well rounded group of athletes. With Misi, Hewitt and Jenkins as backups. Don't underestimate our secondary, either. Between Maxwell, Jones, McCain and Quddus; we only really need one more boundary corner. Maybe grab a Kendall Fuller in the second, or maybe Lippet steps up.
Then trade up into the second for a premier guard option and I could see us doing damage this year.

"BigNastyDB13 wrote:
Agreed. Spending high picks on interior linemen is not a very smart way to go unless there's a once in a decade type player and/or you're on the cusp of playing deep in the playoffs. The Dolphins are nowhere closer to the playoffs than they were 4 yrs ago when we FINALLY spent a high pick on a qb. Hasn't worked out yet and likely never will but those are the chances you should be taking. Pass rushers, DB, QB are the most important imo. Dolphins have some good pass rushing options. Suh, Phillips are insanely athletic big men and Williams and Wake if healthy could still combine for 20 sacks. Thill has talent and another offense to try to improve so that leaves us with DB. We need corners and a safety. Wanted Earl Thomas in the worse way in that draft. Safety has become a much more important than position. The 2 biggest needs at the most impactful positions for the Fins is clearly DB and LB. Load up on ol in the mid rounds and do some damn developing.
Gotta agree, seems like Hargreaves, Floyd and Darron Lee maybe offer the most value at 13. Plenty of top notch guard/tackle prospects in rounds 2 and 3.

I have seen a few mock drafts which have the Dolphins selecting Noah Spence in the first round. While I think a player with the skillset Spence has shown would normally be a steal at 13. His past drug issues just doesn't seem to be the type of player the Dolphins would take a chance on in the first round. Especially after their experience with Dion Jordan.
It is unfortunate, because I think Spence will be a great player in the NFL, if he can avoid the drug problems he had at Ohio State. If this drug issue is really an issue he has overcome, he is going to be a tremendous pick for whichever team does select him. I just don't think this team will be the Dolphins.
Treadwell.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau
"Pandarilla wrote:
I think Ogbah is fools gold. No technique, no moves...Ragland, meh. Floyd is unselfish, fast, can cover receivers in the slot, not an instinctual mlb, but is stouter than you would think. He can dip his shoulder well when rushing. He'd be a great slb, but just like Dion, you just want him to rush the passer. He's way too light to play DE.
Imagine Dion Jordan at SLB, Kiko Alonso at MLB and Leonard Floyd at WLB. That would be an insanely well rounded group of athletes. With Misi, Hewitt and Jenkins as backups. Don't underestimate our secondary, either. Between Maxwell, Jones, McCain and Quddus; we only really need one more boundary corner. Maybe grab a Kendall Fuller in the second, or maybe Lippet steps up.
Then trade up into the second for a premier guard option and I could see us doing damage this year.
If you draft Floyd.. You let him play will and scheme up a lot of blitzes for him.
If Denver winds up matching the CJ deal we are probably going to have to spend a high draft pick (round 1-3) on an RB. Hopefully things work out with CJ and we can use the 13th pick on the BPA at a need position like CB, LB, Oline, etc.
"jw3102 wrote:
I have seen a few mock drafts which have the Dolphins selecting Noah Spence in the first round. While I think a player with the skillset Spence has shown would normally be a steal at 13. His past drug issues just doesn't seem to be the type of player the Dolphins would take a chance on in the first round. Especially after their experience with Dion Jordan.
It is unfortunate, because I think Spence will be a great player in the NFL, if he can avoid the drug problems he had at Ohio State. If this drug issue is really an issue he has overcome, he is going to be a tremendous pick for whichever team does select him. I just don't think this team will be the Dolphins.
I would ABSOLUTELY shake the dice on this guy. I think he is the most talented DE in the draft. From a talent standpoint, he is NOT Dion Jordan, but yeah, the off field stuff does concern me. Honestly, he might be the best player in the draft.
"tirty8 wrote:
I would ABSOLUTELY shake the dice on this guy. I think he is the most talented DE in the draft. From a talent standpoint, he is NOT Dion Jordan, but yeah, the off field stuff does concern me. Honestly, he might be the best player in the draft.
He's got some moves and has a burst, but he's undersized for DE and not strong at the point of attack. He's slow and not fluid in coverage. He's not a smart football player, lacks awareness. Guy got cut blocked like 12 times against Valparaiso, can't sniff out a screen. Plus he's got an ecstasy drug problem. I think he's head and shoulders above most pass rushing prospects but I think we're better off with either of the Clemson DE's imo. He'll be good somewhere like Green Bay as a 3-4 OLB.

I have to say I get most of my opinions from Louis Tee 2016 NFL Draft Prospects on youtube. He rips apart Emmanuel Ogbah, as well. But he watches the tape and gives an entertaining, in-depth review of prospects.
Otherwise, I just read as many different opinions as possible online and watch youtube highlights and clips.

I'm guessing Reggie Ragland @13.
It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden
Im thinking Eli Apple at 13 is starting to make sense. Ive watched the guy from day 1 and I believe he will be a very solid pro regardless of where he ends up.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"
Well as they say, back to the drawing board!
Ready for May Flowers and Mother's Day 2022
"smahtaz wrote:
I'm guessing Reggie Ragland @13.
Watching film on him is impressive. he makes a heck a lot of solo tackles and reads the run real well.
Lord help us.
Considering the division that we play in, I think Ragland would be a mistake for us. I seriously love speed of Jack and thought to myself, this guy could cover Gronkowski and Charles Clay. I do not think Ragland is that kind of guy. Ragland is more of a physical run stopping guy. That being said, our run defense was pretty bad last year, and he would certainly improve it. Generally speaking, my biggest fear within the division is the passing attack especially in New England.
If I were running the team, I would seriously be looking at Spence (the key to stopping Brady is pass rush), Apple, and Elliott (I do think he is a game changer). I would have really liked to get Jack, but I think the Eagles fiasco ended that hope.
Most mocks have us taking MacKenzie Alexander. Also tied to Hargreaves, Apple, Conky and Darren Lee. I'm okay with any of those guys.
Second round seems more intriguing from a value standpoint. Somebody is gonna fall or they should basically take the guard they like the best.

"Pandarilla wrote:
Most mocks have us taking MacKenzie Alexander. Also tied to Hargreaves, Apple, Conky and Darren Lee. I'm okay with any of those guys.
Second round seems more intriguing from a value standpoint. Somebody is gonna fall or they should basically take the guard they like the best.
Thats pretty much how I see it happening most likely too.