1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

With Long now gone to the Rams....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Mar 18, 2013.

1. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    The 2007 Michigan football season probably isn't the greatest thing to bring up. That team stared the season losing to Appalachian State and only scored 3 points in their loss to Ohio State. Even with the bowl win over Florida, the 2007 team still ended up costing the HC of Michigan his job. To me, Henne's play during the 2007 season was only average considering all the talent he had around him on offense.

My view has always been that Henne was a decent college QB who was probably drafted as high as he was because he happened to play at Michigan. Parcells wanted a QB who played at least three years of college football. His view was that Henne would eventually be as good as Matt Ryan in the NFL. Five years after the 2008 draft, it is clear to see that Parcells and Ireland were 100% wrong about Henne.
    I never see Henne being more than a backup for the rest of his career and he probably should never have been a starter in the NFL in the first place.

2. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Its one thing to say lets put it all behind us and move on from here, but its not that easy. There has been so many bazaar happenings with this franchise since Shula left that you couldn't write a better fiction. There is no use to rehash old history or open old wounds but its very difficult to ignore it too. There's plenty of moves we could have made or should not have made, and there is more than enough blame to spread around since Shula and even including Shula's latter years. Parcell's first year was a fluke and the success can largely be attributed to Chad Pennington's play and leadership. The success of that season lulled us all into a false sense of euphoria, expectations and hope. We had all of that hope dashed in the following seasons. How many times will we have to tear it all down and build it back up again like we are doing the season and have done several times in seasons past before we finally achieve success?
    We have another chance to achieve what we all have hoped for with this free agency and a very plentiful draft situation. The youth on our team leaves plenty of room for growth and improvement. Its very difficult to overlook and ignore the past but it sure doesn't hurt to have optimism and hope for the future. Its all up to Ireland and Philbin now they hold the Dolphins future and our hopes in their hands.

3. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

He played most of 2007 with a shoulder injury that would have put less gutty players on the sidelines.

I was responding to a post that said he sucked and always had. It's pretty obvious that was just nonsensical hyperbole.

jw3102 likes this.
  4. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Nope. He's always sucked. Never won a god damn thing on a loaded team.

5. Serpico Jones

Feb 1, 2012
    That was a joke.

6. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Is that good? I mean that in earnest. Is a 2.35 to 1 TD/INT ratio good in college? I don't follow it enough to really gauge. I usually just assume you need gaudy college numbers to translate into the NFL, when on a loaded team.

That doesn't make him suck, of course. But does that make him mediocre or just good, in college? For example, his last year he threw 9 INTs, but only 17 TDs. Is that mediocre? Good? Average?>

7. Serpico Jones

Feb 1, 2012
    The sun shines on every dog's *** once in a while.

8. MrClean

You're full of sh!t.

Fin D likes this.
  9. MrClean

You're speaking from personal experience I guess. :pity:

10. Serpico Jones

Feb 1, 2012
    What did he win? Not a god damn thing on a team full of NFL talent. I can't believe we're arguing over a loser like Chad Henne. Jesus Christ.

11. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Henne isn't a loser. He is just a player who is not suited to be a starting QB in the NFL. There are lot worst things in life and if not being capable of being a starting QB in the NFL makes someone a loser, that means there are billions of losers on the face of the Earth.

I was never a big Henne fan, but his years in Miami are over. How about we just look ahead to the Tannehill years and not backwards to the years we are all trying to forget?

12. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I dunno. It wasn't my argument.

I was told Henne sucked because in college he threw it to the wrong team all the time.

That is obviously not true. Ask the guy who lied about it.

MrClean likes this.
  13. Serpico Jones

Feb 1, 2012
    It's true. He sucked.

14. Serpico Jones

Feb 1, 2012
    14-18 record in Miami. He's a loser.