1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winning the AFC East - ?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolphans1, Dec 6, 2009.

1. dolphans1

dolphans1 New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    We are 4-2 within our division and with some help could win the AFC East, am I missing something here...?

I thought we were way out.....

d-1

2. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    Yea, the problem is you never know which Dolphins are going to show up. One half we dominate and the other half its like we dont even care. One week we cant even beat the Bills and the next week we beat the Patriots. So yes, its not a guarantee we will beat the Jags, Texans, Titans, or Steelers. Are we capable? We had the Saints and Colts on the ropes but couldn't finish and we beat the Pats. So yes, we are capable. Its just that I wouldn't bet on the Fins especially if we are competing with New England for the number one spot.

3. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    IF we win out, we will make the playoffs (whether its the DIV or WC) ... so long as BAL loses 1 more game.

Give 1 WC to DEN (although that is no guarantee) ... then it comes down to JAX (who we will have beaten) and BAL who is 1 win ahead of us (so we need PIT to beat them)

For the DIV, the best thing that could happen of course is BUF to beat NE, but any of the remaining games are common opponents.

Bpk likes this.
  4. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    9-7 could win the division or even a wildcard. I know it's been a while in the AFC but it seems pretty possible right now. The Pats are not good on the road so as crazy it sounds the division might be the bigger possibility at 9-7.

5. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    One week at a time

one week at a time

one week at a time

dolphindebby and steveincolorado like this.
  6. Ricky Williams

Ricky Williams New Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Hey. It could happen...

Winning the Division that is. Odds might not be in our favor, but they weren't last year either. I wont even waste key strokes on the Jets since they lose the tie breaker to either team. Actually, it's because I can't stand them. :shifty:

A quick breakdown of where we stand for a repeat:

H2H: tied at 1-1
    DIV: Mia 4-2 NE: 3-2

Common Games: Miami 6-5 NE 6-4
    Com games left: @JAX CAR
    @TEN @BUF
    HOU JAX
    @HOU

Conf Games: Miami 6-5 NE: 5-4

Buffalo's loss hurt, but it didn't finish us. To come back with a win over NE put us back within the division race. Now we have to win out unless NE goes 2-2 down the stretch. If Buffalo can pull one off at home against New England then that changes everything as far as the tie-breaker goes.

Last year we had to win out our last 5 games to win the division and we had 5 bottom half of the NFL teams to play. We were ourselves, a bottom half NFL team. We went 5-0 and saluted Sparano and Pennington for it.

Before kickoff we had to win out. Today was number one. The thing i find interesting this year is we now have to finish out our season against 5 avg to slightly above avg NFL teams. We are currently one of those teams. Ya never know...

On a completely side note we went 4-2 in the division under the trio twice. It's nice to see how much importance Sparano puts on division games. This is what our past division records look like:

2009 - 4-2
    2008 - 4-2
    2007 - 0-6
    2006 - 1-5
    2005 - 3-3
    2004 - 1-5

keypusher likes this.
  7. dolphans1

dolphans1 New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Yeah I just heard Pittsburgh lost to Oakland, unreal, I just can't pick anything right....

d-1

8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    ^^^^

9. dolphans1

dolphans1 New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Our next 4 games are winnable, but so are the Patriots.

d-1

10. keypusher

keypusher Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Yeah, I'm sure you weren't the only one wrong on that game!