Windows 7

5 replies

DaFishDaFishForum VeteranOP
May 6, 2009, 04:52 PM

I downloaded and installed Windows 7 RC1 last night and have to say it seems to be quite an improvement over Vista. I know some of you are going to say it's Vista with a few upgrades and maybe you are right. If that is true then they made the upgrades in the right places. 7 is much faster than an "untweaked" Vista and when you tweak 7, it runs even better.

I have my wife at home performing all of her daily computer tasks on 7 and she has had no issues. There is nothing that does not have a working driver. I hated Vista but 7 seems to be much better.

Anyone else running RC1? Any thoughts?

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
May 6, 2009, 06:56 PM

I have it on another partition but ever got around to using it much. Certainly better than Vista. Then again, so is MS-DOS. Most people like it and say it's pretty stable. One hopes the finalized product can 1-up it.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

Jt0323Jt0323Staff
May 6, 2009, 07:23 PM

had it for a while and i like the bottom task bar! i like it! no complaints or problems

jdang307jdang307Supporter
May 7, 2009, 01:37 AM

going to install it now in a virtual machine to check it out

Lab3003Lab3003New Member
May 7, 2009, 03:10 AM

I was running vista + ubuntu in a dual boot setup. In order to install Windows 7 I had to completely remove my ubuntu installation, which sucks. Now I'm pure Windows 7 and I don't have any complaints. But no doubt about it Ubuntu is the superior product.

Dolphin1184Dolphin1184New Member
May 19, 2009, 11:09 AM

Windows 7 is now the OS for both of my systems. I love the subtle improvements MS did over vista.