1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wilfork on Flores

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, May 3, 2019.

1. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
  2. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    A snippet:

"Former Miami Hurricanes great and two-time Super Bowl champion with the New England Patriots, Vince Wilfork didn’t want to discuss the Miami Dolphins on Thursday night when he was being honored as a new University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame member.

“I’m not concerned about Dolphins to be honest with you,”’ Wilfork said when the subject was broached with him in context of new Dolphins head coach and former Patriots assistant Brian Flores.

A reporter tried another approach.

“But the Patriot way that Brian Flores is trying to instill?”

Wilfork suddenly broke into a smile.

“Now I’m a Dolphin fan,”’ Wilfork said, laughing...

Wilfork, a five-time Pro Bowl selection, was asked, “What can you tell us [about Flores]?”

Here was his response: “He’s going to give you 110 percent of everything he has. The one thing I like is he knows the game, not just offense and defense. He knows the game. He’s been taught very well. I had an opportunity to see Brian.

“When I got there he was kind of on the bottom totem pole but just the work he put in to be able to learn and be able to run a defense for the past [few] years, ever since Matty P [current Lions coach Matt Patricia] was the defensive coordinator. So, he learned from the best.

“I think you’re going to see an aggressive style of play. I think you’re going to see defensively them taking some chances. I think you’re going to see defensively where you’re giving different looks. You’ll see a smarter football team. And I think you’ll see a team full of confidence because that’s what Brian stands for. He knows what it takes to win..."

It goes on from there.