1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wildcat New Wrinkle

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CA Dolfan, Oct 13, 2009.

1. CA Dolfan

CA Dolfan New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    With the long ball opened up the wildcat now becomes more of a threat to defenses.

2. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    only if ginn and henne are in the huddle.

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I don`t know if I`d consider the long ball opened up now... Right now teams may just take notice, but when we start seeing something like that more consistently, it becomes something to worry about. However, it looked like we tried to take several shots downfield today, but it just wasn`t there. You know its got to open up sometime, tonight everything worked and it did. That needs to happen consistently. Even if we don`t hit it, but at least take a shot, and make it close, then teams worry about it. I just dont know if right now we`ve done enough to really make defenses worry about it. If Ginn consistently gets open like that... then yes... lookout, because then any of our running plays will open up, not just wildcat.

4. CA Dolfan

CA Dolfan New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    No doubt there needs to be consistency but things look very promising

5. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    The long ball is opened up.......that running game makes it so

We just have to throw it

6. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    its opened up man. That was REVIS sucking wind running after Ginn. If it was Lowery or something i wouldn't say much but Revis is considered one of the best CBs in the league and he stood no chance on that play.

Clipse and GISH like this.
  7. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    I think the point is, even if we don't hit that deep ball every time, it's there, you have to defend it now. We made an example out of Rex Ryan's super elite pass defense, and every HC out there does not want that to be them.

The last thing they want to explain is how they were unprepared for the type of plays we were unloading in the deep game.

8. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Revis was beaten like a redheaded stepchild all over the field today as the media gushed over his jock.

9. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I like how we threw a few new wrinkles at them, hell even WC 1.0 was working, cant stop it without the Ravens D can ya Rex?

10. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    yeah who'd a thought it would be harder without Ray lewis, Terrell suggs and...whose that other guy, Reed or something?

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.