1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wildcat intrigue!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ColtsBlueFL, Sep 25, 2009.

1. ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL New Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Fort Myers, FL
    Hi all, Colts fan darkening your doorstep.:wink2:

We haven't played you in a while, and I'm also not the type to join a forum the week before we play someone just to yuk it up with opposing fans. OTOH, I was concerned about the wildcat and our known deficiency in rushing defense. It appears that your efficiency is much improved using it against everybody, and proven most notably against us.

So, being a fellow south(west) Florida resident (I know many Fin Fans) and one truly intrigued with the future of the wildcat (this is a copycat league, after all) I decided I would join up anf follow the discussions. I may even provide some insight to our, ummm unique, team play and ability to pull victory out of the mouth of defeat. (check with our AFC South competitors, most notably Texans last year :lol: )

Good luck the rest of the season, and maybe we'll see you in the AFCCG!

Boik14 likes this.
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

To break the board down what I believe to be going on is this.

There is one side who is somewhat happy with Pat White that may have been originally happy with Pat White. These people think White is the future of an innovative formation who will be able to not only keep the ball and run with it but pass out of the spread as well. Technically when White has it in the direct snap, since he is a QB and not a RB, it is considered the spread and not the wildcat; but it is still lumped into the same category. The reason the happy people are somewhat down on PW now is because of our play the past two weeks. Good enough against the colts to dominate and lose and well.. ATL was another story. So they think the pick should have been used on another position.

There are also those who think that the Pat White pick is the devil and that we had other needs available and that the wildcat is only a gimmick in which other teams defenses will have had a whole year to figure out and stop the formation - passing option or not they feel he never should have been taken, period.

As far as the formation itself is concerned there are more than a few good breakdown threads around here, somewhere, but I haven't seen them at the top of the forum (being discussed) in a while.

3. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    What about the rest of us who didnt like the White pick because there were better players available but dont feel the Wildcat is a gimmick? :wink2:

By the way, welcome ColtsBlue. Rush defense aside, Manning is a freakin beast! Makes me wish we had Marino back, as every game does. :up: