1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WII Question....

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by SICK, May 15, 2008.

Tags:
  1. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I really really wanna wii......i think it would be a blast with my family, and i would enjoy it alot......

question: how expensive are they today? whats everyones opinion on if i should get that or a 360 or ps3?? money is tight so im guessing the wii is the best option for me?

and if i do decide to get a wii, wheres the best place to get one? Anyone suggest ebay? i know stores are thin with them.....

Thanks a million in advanced:hi5:

2. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    I believe they are still $250 brand new.

If your buying a system for your whole family I would say the Wii.

I've had one for over a year but I don't play it nearly as much as my PS3.

When you have family and/or friends over though the Wii is a blast.

As far as where to get one, I'm not real sure if the demand has worn down yet or not. I'd check your local Best Buy or Wal Mart and see if they have any.

SICK likes this.
  3. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Craig's list you can sometimes find them, even used on there sometimes. Don't pay more then retail at this point though.

4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    is craigs list trustworthy though??? alot scams to get thru im sure

5. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    Stitches is right. just do LOCAL craigslist. I'm sure you can find one that you can go pick up from someone local.

My 2 cents on the Wii. Awesome when you first get it. I played it hard for the first 2 - 3 months I had it. Non stop Tennis, Bowling, Baseball, Mario. Then died down, picked it back up when Brawl came out. But after that it dies down and I don't play it but maybe once a month now. It still rocks at parties and get togethers, though.

SICK likes this.
  6. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Got mine for 250 at Target, don't pay anymore than that. Might have to wait a bit or put your name on a waiting list but you'll get one. I play mine a ton, love it.

SICK likes this.
  7. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    i dont think finding one at a megastore should be an issue for you. just try to get it by october, because thats when the Xmas frenzy begins on these things. if you get it, i recommend Bully, if you havent played it yet. I really had a blast with that one.

8. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    If you're a hardcore gamer, I'd recommend the PS3. There are some sweet games (Metal Gear Solid 4) coming out for it in the coming months. I've got a couple of friends that picked these up, and they rave about the graphics and Blu Ray capability. If pretty games and high def is your thing, you've gotta go with the PS3, it's the only console that really makes sense.

If you're interested in something different, you gotta go with the Wii. It's got a host of great "party" games - including the just released Mario Kart Wii and coming soon Wii Fit. I've had mine for about a year and a half and I turn it on nearly every day. At this point, I'm using my 360 for Rock Band and Scene It, although I do plan to check out GTA 4 this weekend.

The Wii does not have next gen graphics, but it's got a unique control scheme that, once you lose your inhibitions, is a blast to play. Some of my best "gaming" nights have come playing Wii Bowling with a group of friends.

There is a bunch of other great games - Zelda, Wario Ware, Excite Truck, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Brothers, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Party 8, Resident Evil 4, Super Paper Mario are all in my library and get pretty regular rotation.

If you're having trouble finding a Wii, you may try this website, although I scored mine via a friend that worked at Wal*Mart. (He called me when their shipment came in).

Hope that helps. Happy Hunting! :up: