1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii Fit sells 1 million

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Bruzer, Jan 9, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Bruzer

Bruzer New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Idaho
    Just figured this was kinda interesting wii fit has been out in japan less than a month and already sold a million units.

http://kotaku.com/342707/wii-fit-sells-a-million

2. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Good for them. That game still seems silly to me. You need a video game to do pushups and situps?

3. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    It does alot more than that.

The potential this thing has is very interesting when it comes to skateboarding and snowboarding games. I'm interested to see what kind of games they come out with for this.

4. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Wii Fit isn't a game. Think of it as an application for a computer that just happens to be named Wii.

5. Medieval954

Medieval954 New Member

Jan 4, 2008
    You don't need a video game to dance to music but Dance Dance Revolution sells. You don't need a video game to play air guitar but Guitar Hero sells.

Wii Fit also has a collection of minigames that comes with it, it's not just a workout program with a balance board. Though I'm not that interested in Wii Fit, like Motion said, I'm more interested how they can implement the board into regular games that require balance.

6. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Guitar Hero is infintely better than this thing could possibly be. I still think it's silly.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYBmAVuBns"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYBmAVuBns[/ame]

7. dolphan117

dolphan117 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    I keep a pencil in my room so that if I ever have a moment of insanity and start using a gaming console to work out I can stab myself in the neck once I come to my senses. Seriously. I do. I think the combination of blood loss and lead poisoning would do the job.

That being said it fits right in with what the wii does and if I had young kids I would buy them one in a heartbeat. Great, great system for the young ones and people who feel up to not relaxing when they play video games. And whatever else you may say about it Nintendo is making boatloads of money off of it...... I just wonder how its going to impact the next generation of systems? Are Microsoft and Sony going to back off of system/graphics power in the next system? Include motion sensing controllers? Will be interesting to see.

8. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    You do realize this is more about the attachment/balance board than the WiiFit game right?

The thing has tons of potential, to say GH is infinitely better than this could even possibly be is silly IMO. Its not just about push ups. Everyone said the Wii itself was just a fad/gimmick, yeah not so much. They continue to take things to a new level and thats why they are making crazy money right now.

9. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    There are people who have no real interest in gaming, but they buy the Wii because it's a hands on type video game. It's like actually doing the activities. People that I know who I could never see playing a video game bought a Wii. It has so much potential it's crazy... Agree 100% with ya, Motion...

10. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    :up:

I'm not a Nintendo fanboy by anymeans but I do own a Wii and thinks its pretty cool. I just have to give credit where its due. They took a pretty big risk with the whole idea and its paying off big time. Props to Nintendo for having the balls to do something different and stick with it.

11. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    They knew Nintendo wasn't being taken seriously anymore among high end consoles so they made a smart move and went in a different direction. Wii Fit is still stupid. Just go buy a workout on DVD for ten bucks.

12. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Could you blame people after the gamecube?

13. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Obviously you still don't understand what it is. :unsure:

14. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Exactly. Hardly anybody liked that system. I only have one b/c it was given to me. Twilight Princess was fun though.

15. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    So it's not a workout video in the form of a game? What is it then and why is it called Wii Fit?

16. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Well the actual software in its simplest form I suppose is a bunch of games that make you exercise in the process. Its still not "just and exercise video", there are all kinds of mini games from sports games to "marble madness" type games. However, more importantly the big things is the pressure board and how it could change the way you play so many other games. Obviously its not going to appeal to everyone, then again I think the Wii itself has gone above and beyond that. Too each their own.

17. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA

Sure I think the pressure board thing could have some cool applications. All I'm saying is that from what I've seen wii fit is essentially a glorified, likely overpriced, workout video. But they've sold a million so obviously it was a good move to make the game.

18. Boston

Boston New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Common now we all know Nintendo fan boys are sheep and will buy anything Nintendo..... NINTENDOGS is all I got to say.