1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why the recent glut of spoof movies suck

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by DrAstroZoom, Apr 2, 2008.

1. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    I hadn't been able to quite put my finger on it, but there's a great discussion of it here.

finswin56, FinSane and ILPhinFan88 like this.
  2. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Yea I agree. The overuse of recent pop culture references to make humor in these type of movies are disturbing.

3. DevilFin13

DevilFin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    They really need to stop with this stuff. I don't know who the morons are that continue to pay 10 bucks to see these movies but they might need to be killed for the sake of mankind.

Actually this last weekend my 6 year old cousin was dying to see this movie because the main guy is in some Nichelodeon tv show. She loves the show so whenever she sees anything related to it she has to see it. Well my aunt and uncle, I love em but Jesus they can be dumb, did no homework on this whatsover and without hesitation took her to see it. I told them flat out at dinner before they went to see it that I didn't think it was appropiate for my cousin, plus it was going to be stupid.

15 minutes into the movie they walked out because of the language and got their money back. I watched the 2 minute trailer of this movie and could have told you that the language was not for a 6 year old and that it would be a horrible movie. Can people not do a bit of preparation before they spend 10 bucks a piece to see these movies?

4. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    these movies do suck the only ones that were any good were the first 2 scary movies

5. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    The first Scary Movie is a classic.