1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Slippery believes Darren McFadden wil be the pick!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Slippery Soap, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Slippery Soap

Slippery Soap Banned

Apr 7, 2008
    Slippery Soap confidently believes the Dolphins will indeed take Darren McFadden with the No.1 overall pick!

You Doubt Slippery's inside angle :sad:

Heres the reason why. With the first pick it does not matter what other teams do they are at the mercy of the Miami Dolphins. They are waiting to see what we do!

Here are the Smoke Screens being floated around by the Fins.

1. Why Chris Long will not be the pick: Jason Taylor, Joey Porter, Channing Crowder, Reggie Torbor. Jason Fergerson, Randy Starks Vonnie Holiday and Matt Roth. Chris Long has no position to play he is a right defensive pass rushing end and we have the best in the business at that position allready and he is not being traded or going anywhere.

2. Why Jake Long will not be the pick: Projected as a RT because in the NFL does he not have the lateral quickness to play LT. Why spend the top pick on a right tackle when you can get one in the second round. Sparano an offensive line coach by trade could turn a 2nd round RT into a starter. I doubt they would keep flip flopping Vernon Carey. Carey can continue to develop as a left tackle plus they will have to pay Carey big bucks next season if they want to resign him. Carey stays on the left side.

3. Why Glen Dorsey will not be the pick: Knee and back injuries are lingering issues. Plus the position was allready addressed with Fergerson and Starks.

4. Why Matt Ryan will not be the pick: Though I like the idea of drafting a franchise QB with the No.1 selection. Ryan is not a clear cut must have franchise player. The fins cannot afford to make a mistake on another QB no matter what Sparano or Mike Mayock say.

I confidently predict Darren McFadden is the selection here is why:

Sparano said in his press conference that he was not tied to one player at the top leaving the door open for DMC.

DMC will do what the other 4 guys will not be able to do. FILL SEATS, SELL MERCHANDISE AND MAKE MONEY FOR ROSS AND WAYNE.

The Dolphins have not mentioned Darren McFadden by name. They have mentioned Long, Long and Ryan over and over again.

McFadden is the most dynamic player available in the draft. You can line him up with Ronnie or Ricky in the backfield or split him off in the slot and you have an immediate problem for any defense. He will make the QB look better because defenses have to account for him at all times, something they never had to do with Ronnie. It will be like having the Ricky Williams of 2002 in 2008.

That the info Slippery has. Time will prove the Soap correct.

PS: I love the smilies on this site and it looks so much coooler!!!!

Shout out to EMOCHCOMPUTERJOCK :hi5:

2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    never. not going to happen. Why? at RB... we have ronnie brown, ricky williams and lorenzo booker. we have greater needs on this team... like our questionable offensive line, like our inability to stop the run, or generate any sort of pass rush last season...

DeDolfan likes this.
  3. Slippery Soap

Slippery Soap Banned

Apr 7, 2008
    Parcells has no faith in Ronnie Brown. He cannot stay healthy. Teams do not respect him. Plus the NFL TODAY you need 2 backs. Tuna had 2 backs in Dallas. McFadden is the ONE. But I will wait a couple of weeks to prove everyone wrong.

4. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    How do you know that Bill Parcells has no faith in Ronnie Brown. Ronnie Brown is a good back. We also have Ricky Williams and Lorenzo Booker. Running back is one of our stongest spots on the team. I also think Darren Mcffadden is over rated or I dont think there are better players and better running backs in the Draft.

DeDolfan, alen1 and brandon27 like this.
  5. USArmyFinFan

USArmyFinFan Maximum Effort

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    Your reasoning on JT is flawed, he is on the downside of his career, C. Long would provide a new era for the fins.

6. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    This post is full of LOL

First of all JT could be gone on draft day. Were going to be running a 3-4/4-3 Hybrid defense (Not running a 3-4 right away) So we could very well draft Chris or Dorsey.

Jake Long could be the pick seeing how he can start and make an impact right away and help the Oline.

Mcfadden will not be the pick because A. He isn't the best RB in the draft, B.He has no Strength in his arms or legs, C.He is just a hyped up player.

Kanye West and brandon27 like this.
  7. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I'm pretty sure alot of teams respect him after he ran all over defensive guys last year. Piled up rushing and receiving yards, and was leading the NFL in all purpose yardage before going down... but... ok. :hi5:

late again, alen1 and BuckeyeKing like this.
  8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Theres a reason for the bold part.......

Why invest MORE money into a position that we are already set at? Do you really think we take a RB at the TOP of the draft? I understand if you maybe said later in the draft but even that is questionable.

1. Chris Long can play on either side of the line. He was listed as a RDE in college but he can play the other side. Dont be so confident that Miami doesn't trade JT. If they get a offer from the Jaguars for a second and a fourth, JT will be gone in a heartbeat imo.

2. I agree with you for the most part.

3. Starks I believe will be rotating in as a DE in the 34 and a little of NT. Ferguson is getting old and you need a replacement sooner or later. I think Dorsey will be fine with the injuries, he still went out and played on Saturdays.

4. I agree with you on Matt Ryan. I dont think he is worth the top overall selection in this draft but you have to question if any one is worth it.

IN MY OPINION: I dont even think that DMac is even the best player at his position. I think that goes to Jonathan Stewart who has a rare blend of size (235 pd bruising back) and speed (ran 4.4). Some have questioned whether McFadden can be a full time back in this league, I am not saying I am but others have (Mayock). I think that Felix Jones, McFaddens backup at ARK, could be just as good as Darren....which is why you dont see the Cowboys trading up with us because they could select Jones at their 22 spot or 28 spot.

You throw out the option of putting McFadden in the slot? You could throw Booker in there who has VERY good hands for a RB. If you dont believe in Booker, draft Chris Johnson who is possibly more electric than McFadden.

I agree with you, the smilies and the site overall are great.:up:

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    He did but I dont believe he was a fan of Julius Jones. I heard that they had arguements.

10. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I have Mendenhall as the best then Stewart then Felix.

11. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I will shat myself if we draft DMac :lol:

12. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I agree. I would rather have Mendenhall than McFadden. Mendenhall is quite a talented player and a tough runner thats for sure :up: Somebody is going to get a great RB when they pick him this year.

13. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    We have different top RB but I think we can agree on that McFadden isn't the best.

14. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Agreed. I envision Mcfadden having a Reggie Bush type year.

15. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    god i hate when you post... having to see that ohio state junk littering all these threads. I get so ticked off everytime haha :sidelol: :hi5:

16. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    :lol: you know you love it.

17. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I think the only way we take McFadden is if Ricky Williams fails another drug test and also if Ronnie Brown's injury was a lot worse and he was not coming back....it sound like RB is doing great and ahead of schedule.

Running Back is not a big need for us...I would say it is close to the least of our needs.

18. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Clearly, the magic 8 Ball was used in this analysis.

19. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    So Kim Kardashian is the only thing he'll have to show for his year?

20. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    ahhhh...

I tried to see the reasoning behind it and ....

Although interesting...I dont see it happening... sorry...

21. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Out of the entire team, RB is the area of least need. If we draft McFadden or any other RB within the 1st 2 rds, I'll be convinced that all this time Parcells has been a phony and really doesn't know the first thing about football.

22. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    You don't half talk a lot of bollocks.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
    sws84 and azfinfanmang like this.
  23. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Darren McFadden isn't even the best back in the draft. The Dolphins will take one of four players. None of them are Darren McFadden.

24. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    ....one of the most interesting turns of a phrase I've ever heard. I like it. :sidelol:

25. Slippery Soap

Slippery Soap Banned

Apr 7, 2008
    Hey I thought you had me at IGNORE

slickj101 likes this.
  26. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    thanks for reminding me :up:, now if i could just get that feature for your threads id be all set.