1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why not keep Brown this year even if we don't intend to sign him?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bumrush, Apr 14, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    While I can understand why the organization is shopping Brown and may trade him to get additional picks, unless that pick is a 2nd rounder, I can't see why would trade him, given the off-season we have already had..

The addition of Marshall, combined with Brown, gives us a multi dimensional offense, especially if we line him up in WC formations.. Even in our base offense he is a clear upgrade over the running back by committee option of Ricky, Hilliard and Cobbs....

So why not let him play through next season, even if it means we get nothing in return for him if he decides to bolt in 2011? There is no reason why we can't make a deep playoff push next year, especially if Henne continues to improve.. With our OL in sync and gelling, and an offense that can throw deep and rush, I can't see why would take a key component out of that equation for anything less than a 2nd..

Let's see how this plays out.

Phinatic425 and jetssuck like this.
  2. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Plus side is if you let him go after next season and he signs a big contract and the team plays it smart in free agency....they could get a decent draft pick from comp picks the following year.