Why I hate reading comments on ESPN.

19 replies

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew MemberOP
Sep 8, 2008, 05:45 PM

OSU is hardly a media darling. That being said. USC 79 OSU 0. And I am NOT even joking.

I think USC could probably contend with the Patriots sans Brady. They wouldn't win, but would score at least 3 times.

However, they would lose two games in SEC play! Go Gators!

mwheeland87
"I actually think it will be the play of the running backs that determine the outcome of this game: McKnight versus Beanie Wells... wow... two of the best. '

You too are drinking the media kool aid my friend. These "soft" backs benefit from playing weak competition to inflate their numbers. If they played in the SEC, they MIGHT get 500 yards in a season. Just a fact guys!

be2008
"Big Boys? so Michigan is not a big boy but Florida is? Didnt Michigan just beat Florida? This is why people hate the SEC, stupid comments like that one. "

We didn't care about winning that game. It wasnt a BCS game so we just didnt give a crap. If we prepared for it like a conference game, we would have won by 4 tds.

Some of these comments are hilarious. USC has one national title in this decade, same as Texas. Now what are you going to tell me, that Texas could compete in the SEC? haha. Gimme a break.

Look I understand the frustration. The SEC is in a different galaxy. Its not really far to compare it to average conferences like the Big 12, Pac 10, and Big Ten.

So go ahead and be proud of your teams, but get serious folks.

"USC will play the SEC this year in the title game"

Not so fast my friend! There may be TWO sec teams in the title game this year. The truly intelligent voters will see that 2-3 losses in SEC play is equivalent to being undefeated in the minor leagues.

Georgia vs. Florida. BCS Championship game. Mark it down.

"I believe USC's all time record against the SEC is 17-10-1. "

Wins before the invention of the forward pass do not count.

"Sounds like some people are counting their chickens before they are hatched. And why are SEC fans soooo infactuated with USC and OSU. Sounds like insecurity to me. If you're that good you shouldn't have to continually try to convince everybody."

Haha. If this is a #### measuring contest then the Pac 10 is a newborn and the SEC is john freakin holmes.

"YEAH RIGHT...an SEC athlete gets into UCLA, BERKLEY, USC, STANFORD...HAHAHAHAH AHAHA!!!! These are top Academic programs that do more than just recruit corn-bread juiced up hicks SON!!!"

Oh that tired argument. If I wanted to watch someone read a book I would go to the library. Who gives a crap about academics? That's just a smokescreen used by schools to get federal funds.

We are talking about FOOTBALL. No one cares if johnny lightning can read a book, as long as he can read a defense!

Those comments were all made by the same person.

NOT TO MENTION...

We have the BEST Defense in USC history headlined by 3 All-Americans on defensive players (Mualuga, Cushing, Mays)!!!

And a fleet of big-time WR's (Williams, Hazelton, Johnson, Turner) to open up the long ball!!!

An NFL QB in Mark Sanchez and like I said a "stable" of the BEST RB's in the country....Beanie Wells? Cool, we have 5 of you!!!

12-0!!!

Emanuel moody is stupid he tranferred from the best team in the country cause he didn't want to compete for playing time and Pete Carroll manages to get 6 RB playing time with 4 of them scoring.And he went to Florida to not even get in the game.He stupid i am glad he out there in Florida and not here.

Beanie went down not who you have thats worth a damn.If USC loose a Back no problem theres more hroses in the stable.OSU will make excuses if Wells can't go

The PAC 10 is so weak...That's why a bottom of the PAC team beat a top of the SEC team in Tennessee...LOL!!!

THE PAC 10 is BETTER than the BIG 10 for sure this year!!! AND just as competitive as the SEC!!!

FIRST OFF...the ONLY reason the SEC is any good is because the Academic standards to get into ANY SEC team is non-existent...PAC 10 teams are doing good for a conference that NOT ONE athlete in the SEC would even be remotely qualified to be a PAC 10 team....

YEAH RIGHT...an SEC athlete gets into UCLA, BERKLEY, USC, STANFORD...HAHAHAHAH AHAHA!!!! These are top Academic programs that do more than just recruit corn-bread juiced up hicks SON!!!

GATORLIVING99 just GIVE IT UP!!!

Your GATORS are NOT gonna do a damn thing this year!!! You will lose to Georgia which will quickly elliminate any more fantasies of your Gators getting to the title game...The GATORS LOST TO MICHIGAN last year and that is the same team that App. St. beat....SUCKS TO BE A GATOR!!!!

The ONLY relevant GATOR in this year's college football landscape will be the GATORADE that's being poured all over Pete Carrol after winning the BCS National Championship Game....NEXT YEAR FELLAZ!!! This is USC YEAR!!!

USC would be 12-0 in the SEC this year!!!

They are just too good... I am trying to warn all of you so you dont get your hearts broken...USC will beat ANY SEC, BIG EAST, BIG 12, BIG 10, ACC or any other mid-major conference....

NAME ONE TEAM THAT CAN BEAT USC THIS YEAR?!

It never fails when OSU has a thread everyone likes to come in here and talk a bunch of shiznit and have nothing to do with this game. It should only be OSU and USC fans in here and unless you are one of the above go play in traffic or get a hobby.

Sep 8, 2008, 05:48 PM

So dont read them...

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Sep 8, 2008, 06:13 PM

"DonShula84 wrote:

So dont read them...

Great advice Don :up:

:pity:

Sep 8, 2008, 06:40 PM

"BuckeyeKing wrote:

Great advice Don :up:

:pity:

Too logical? :tongue2::wink2:

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Sep 8, 2008, 06:51 PM

"DonShula84 wrote:

Too logical? :tongue2::wink2:

I actually I made this topic about fans opinions and hate on the Buckeyes. Though what I was reading was much more stupider and felt it needed its own topic.

finswin56finswin56New Member
Sep 8, 2008, 11:08 PM

I've never been on their boards, but I've heard enough to keep me from wasting one minute there.

Heritage of a Linebacker

Image by Like2God. Awesome job bro!


BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Sep 8, 2008, 11:41 PM

"finswin56 wrote:

I've never been on their boards, but I've heard enough to keep me from wasting one minute there.

Save yourself :lol:

Its really the worst, especially when its Ohio ST related.

Dolphin1184Dolphin1184New Member
Sep 9, 2008, 12:38 AM

I used to post on the ESPN forums until I found FH and eventually this site. Let's just say that ESPN posters are worse than posters on Youtube. There is no moderation, and trolls run rampant like you wouldn't believe. There is so much racist garbage, especially on the general NFL forum.

I would pick many many forums before I would ever post on that forum again.

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Sep 9, 2008, 12:41 PM

Is that "SEC" guy just being sarcastic, becuase thats some funny stuff..

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Sep 9, 2008, 01:37 PM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

Is that "SEC" guy just being sarcastic, becuase thats some funny stuff..

God I hope so.

Cuban Dave 9Cuban Dave 9New Member
Sep 10, 2008, 10:16 AM

I actually picked Ohio State to win



Thank you Gish!

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Sep 10, 2008, 11:14 AM

my face hurts from reading those. apparently there's no mirrors in this guys house.

OboyOboyLuxury Box
Sep 10, 2008, 11:34 AM

LOL, some of those are funny.

I have to say though, the OSU hate was earned by quite a few of the OSU fans. The ones left here are great and rational. The ones that were trolling around before the UF OSU National Championship game made me hate OSU. Just would not shut up how good they were and how no one could compete with them... and just belittling everyone that tried to converse with them. So if you want to know where the OSU hate came from... That is where.

Cuban Dave 9Cuban Dave 9New Member
Sep 10, 2008, 12:53 PM

"Cuban Dave 9 wrote:

I actually picked Ohio State to win

Whoops...I meant to beat the spread



Thank you Gish!

finswin56finswin56New Member
Sep 10, 2008, 01:11 PM

"Cuban Dave 9 wrote:

Whoops...I meant to beat the spread

What's the spread?

Heritage of a Linebacker

Image by Like2God. Awesome job bro!


MotionMotionNew Member
Sep 10, 2008, 01:13 PM

"finswin56 wrote:

What's the spread?

I think it started at USC by 11, not sure what it is now.

Brown42000Brown42000New Member
Sep 11, 2008, 11:50 PM

"USC will play the SEC this year in the title game"

Not so fast my friend! There may be TWO sec teams in the title game this year. The truly intelligent voters will see that 2-3 losses in SEC play is equivalent to being undefeated in the minor leagues.

Georgia vs. Florida. BCS Championship game. Mark it down

This one made me laugh.

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Sep 12, 2008, 12:02 AM

"Motion wrote:

I think it started at USC by 11, not sure what it is now.

Easy money am I right?

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Sep 12, 2008, 08:34 AM

"Motion wrote:

I think it started at USC by 11, not sure what it is now.

It actually opened at 7 then skyrocketed one 70% of the public pounced on USC, Im guessing it will stay at 11 now.

Atleast Vegas will be rooting for us this week.:up:

OboyOboyLuxury Box
Sep 12, 2008, 11:31 AM

"Fin-Omenal wrote:

It actually opened at 7 then skyrocketed one 70% of the public pounced on USC, Im guessing it will stay at 11 now.

Atleast Vegas will be rooting for us this week.:up:

I think with Wells, you should cover easily with a chance of winning. Without Wells, well I just hope you play better than last week. BC if you play like that it will get ugly quick. I truthfully don't care who wins. I just want a good game.