1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Henne will play big after Marshall deal

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by burger13, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Well the author intimated this in the article, but the #2, #3, and #4 guys and the TEs could be the major beneficiaries of this trade....

If Marshall is pulling the safety to the weak side, you line the slot guy up opposite, or have him drag across the middle after Marshall has clear it out. Cammy, Hartline and Bess are all adept at the shorter drag routes, finding holes in the D. Much attention will go to where Marshall is. The TEs could see more deep routes, again after Marshall has cleared to weak side. How about screens to the rbs ?? All these routes become easier if there is attention to Marshall. The run game and draws become more viable as well. There will be lots of options. One other thing, Marshall will get his touches. He gets open even in press coverages. That little WR screen to him becomes a threat as well.

What if they keep Teddy Ginn (many have thought Marshall's acquisition is Ginn's demise) ?? His speed opposite Marshall would be a great combination. Ginn is best when he does not have press coverage and can run the mid-to-deeper range stuff. He's proven even Revis can't cover him one on one with those deeper patterns...and Revis will likely be blanketing Marshall....

Henne will get the press if he can complete the short-to-mid range stuff consistently using ALL the receivers...not just Marshall.

2. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    The effect on Ginn will be interesting, if he's still on the team.

It don't matter if he's beaten his man in one-on-one coverage if he drops the ball!!!

3. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    By the end of last season Bess was usually being double covered on third down. That won't be the case anymore. And the CBs on Ginn, Hartline and Cam will now be the 2nd, 3rd and 4th CBs. I expect that Marshall and Bess should be competing for the most catches. I could see them each hauling in 75+. Obviously, Marshall should have more yards and many more TDs, though. And Ginn, Hartline and Cam (whomever is playing the #2) should have 2 or 3 two TD games.

I also expect that our YPC on first down will go up as RB and RW will just have more space. I still want and expect us to be a run first team, but just having Marshall on the field makes it far more likely that defenses will have to play us honest or at worst try to trick us and hope we don't guess right.

4. Phinatic425

Phinatic425 MIA State of Mind

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    Did you see the comment about the Dolphins not being able to pass the Jests and the Cheatriots?

I can't wait til they eat their words

5. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    we still have a lot of work to do with the defense before we expect to be an elite team or a force to be reckoned with
    just because we landed marshall doesnt mean we are there.Denver had marshall last season and the still didnt make the playoffs
    we got better adding dansby and marshall but we have huge holes at both OLB spots that urgently need to be addressed

6. Yessir

Yessir New Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Brandon Marshall made KYLE ORTON look like a servicable quarterback.

Just IMAGINE what he's going to do for Henne.

7. mustang20241

mustang20241 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Marshall catches a lot of 3-5 yd passes but that man is one of the best WR's I've ever seen at making moves and breaking tackles with force and agility. A simple 3 yd pass last season to Bess as a screen went for 3-5 yds. Marshall makes those into regular 10 yd gains.

GMJohnson likes this.
  8. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    I agree. With Marshall, the book on how to defend Miami has to be rewritten all over again. I'd trade anything to be Dan Henning right now

9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    He's got Marshall now...

10. shouright

shouright Banned

Dec 13, 2007
    Sound familiar?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.