1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does David Lee get a pass in all of this ?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DolfanJake, Nov 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    You know its his job to work directly with Henne. Maybe his teaching skills are lacking ? Just because of the wildcat he shouldn't be blameless.

MikeHoncho and Bpk like this.
  2. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Good point.

His claim to fame had been developing Romo (who took til year four to catch on, and has been a rollercoaster ever since).

NOt sure David Lee's resume is beyond reproch. I DO see Henne progressing though. He just does it SLOWLY, and backslides/regresses in one area while progressing in another.

Overall, Henne is progressing If we had the patience, Henne could be great after two more years starting. lol.

SeanP, MikeHoncho and DolfanJake like this.
  3. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    2 more years ? UGH !!!! No thank you, but I agree completely. Not sure if our owner has that kind of patience. He paid $ 1.1 billion for this team & stadium, and so far the results have been less than spectacular (for him & the fans). He has hosted one playoff game, and it looks like his team is going to be mediocre yet again this year. On the business side of the franchise, getting on TV and getting exposure leads to better & better jersey sales, and other money makers. While yes we have a large following, we could also do a lot better. If Henne could have developed into the next Big Ben (without the off-field issues of course) we could have a legit superstar, and bingo-bango you have instant bigtime clothing sales, etc). It is very important to develop a "star" on your team, and Henne has let them down in this regard. The business side is more important than many on this board would really realize.

Miguel likes this.
  4. Miguel

Miguel The smartest Man on earth

2 mor e years of LOSING¿????? no thanks

5. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Henne has shown improvement so I don't know why anyone would be blaming David Lee, its not his fault the coaching staff thinks Henne is to blame for the season. I mean we are one blown call (steelers) and couple of games the special teams handed teams 10+ points away from being one of the top teams in the league but lets bench the Qb and fire the Qb coach by all means.

Phinz420 and NJFINSFAN1 like this.
  6. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    You two act like we are the lions. Did you forget we were 1-15 3 years ago?

Boik14, dolfan7171 and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  7. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    If Qb play alone was the reason for our woes than he would be taken to task. Since a QB change is a last ditch effort to save an OCs job then no way.

GMJohnson likes this.
  8. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    david lee has a reputation as being an excellent fundamentals coach. pennington in 2008 had his best or near best season under him and i think in addition to romo, two other qbs had good seasons under him

9. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Also coached Tarvaris Jackson

adamprez2003 likes this.
  10. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    not sure if thats a positive or negative :lol:

Boik14 likes this.
  11. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

At this point....I see Henne's sure fire improvements in his touch....his going through his progressions....

I see the mental damn in Henne's head being a combination of Dan Hennings play calling, an offense that is not suited for his strengths.....

And one thing that really....REALLY worries me...and has me worried that Chad Pennington isnt going to change anything....

A 16th ranked running game.

12. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I was going to start a thread like this. Good question that needs to be asked. If he is in charge of developing the QB and the QB isn't developing as fast or in the manner you'd like, then you should examine Lee's abilities.

That being said, was Henne playing 'THAT' badly? I see Lee coached Tavaris Jackson, and I'm sorry for all of those who dislike Henne, but he's a damn sight better than Jackson in terms of bad play.

I can understand why the change was made, although I cannot agree with it.

13. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I'd say no, he really only had two bad games.

GMJohnson and adamprez2003 like this.
  14. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    No, he wasn't. We're just not scoring. Henne has been moving the ball well all year long, but we're not finishing. That's why he was benched.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  15. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Oh I agree that we weren't finishing. But our running game; something that did generate many TD's inside the redzone has produced 3 all told on the season. Last year at this time we certainly had more than 3 TD's on the ground. The ground game isn't producing inside the redzone either.

Also, I can't say this enough I've seen on more than one occasion Henning call plays that have '0' receivers in the endzone when we are in fact in the redzone. That also hurts your chances as well. I mean no receivers in the endzone when we're inside the 20? Not one to even threaten the back line and force a defender to cover that part of the field?

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  16. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    henne was playing well for a 2nd yr starter. anyone that watched flacco or ryan last year will tell you they went through similar trials and tribulations although each has their own particular strengths and weaknesses. Flacco was able to get by because the rest of the team was able to carry him. The Miami Dolphins weren't able to carry him and since every game is do or die now we had to switch to a seasoned vet who can score in the red zone. Henne might've been able to improve upon his red zone efficiency this year of given the chance but if that took another four weeks we would be out of the playoffs. Time ran out for him, that's all. If he makes the progress next year that he did this year we will have our franchise QB for the next ten years. Where he had eight things to improve upon going into this season he now has maybe four

GMJohnson likes this.
  17. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    And one of those teams has just historically eaten alive teams who play very conservative on offense (Baltimore). Pennington got eaten alive by that very same team.

18. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    lee didn't do flip with pat white but i can't say that goes all on lee as that was probly the wierdest handling of things i've ever seen from a fo.nor has thiggy really progressed and if they decided that henne is not getting it then thats 0 and 3 for david lee here and while 100% of our mediocracy isn't on him,as a hc right now i'm looking at "everyone" from the staff to the players for improvement which this is a place that needs to improve.

DolfanJake likes this.
  19. Hexonx

Hexonx Active Member

Sep 24, 2009
    How is it his fault? He isn't calling the plays, he isn't running the routes? Henne has been beaten to death with don't screw up, so he tries not too. I'm sorry but the play calling at times has been terrible, but it's not the only issue. How many missed tackles were there last week? Why does our Special Teams suck so bad? There is a lot that is wrong with our team right now, focusing just Henne is insane.

20. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    the only thing i'll say in this is that i'd have to believe it was his charter to develop Henne as a Parcell's QB .... something i don't see Henne being .....

Henne is just not made for this FO and OC - plain and simple .... and if i were him, i'd find a quick ride out of MIA .... he will be a very successful NFL QB - just not here.

i also understand the QB switch -- not happy at all about it ... and don't think we have a chance at all at winning a SB this year, so to me it is all pointless.