1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do players lie?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Zod, Jan 5, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    No, no.... I enjoyed it. You made me watch it a couple more times. I just wish I could teach the damn thing. :up:

2. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I agree with your question. Thats why I said in my one that I saw him moving forward the whole time. I must have had a time lag in my own mind - which is my own fault. I agree that Reed baited him. I agree with the goal line point, I was going to mention that but thought better of it as I would rather admit my mistake and continue arguing as such.

We are describing many of the same principles, it's just that I had a brain fart.

3. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I wish I had your job. I'd love to coach kids man, or anywhere for that matter. Bumble**** university would suit me just fine.

4. Zod

Nov 25, 2007
    Dude, it's not a job. The school is so small, you might as well consider it volunteer. As a matter of fact, it is volunteer. No, you want my real job which is union job that allows me all of this free time. :lol:

Go to the local recreation center and get yourself a group of 11-12 year olds with stars in their eyes. It's more fun. I might even be heading back to it.

5. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here

None of that down here man. I am a fish out of water down here. There is no high school programs, JV, Pop Warner, none of it. If I wanted to do that, I'd have to do everything myself - everything. The game is followed by the average half drunk fan who can't even name the HC of the team he likes for the most part.

I wish I didn't live here sometimes, believe me. If I was american, I know what job I'd have right now - coach.

6. Zod

Nov 25, 2007
    Same coverage, different disguise. It's all the same. Reed's job is to take the post.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVWYVfcys5Y&feature=related"]YouTube - Camarillo game winner[/ame]

7. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I've seen that one. I can't remember that poster who did it, but someone had that last week or so I think.

Let me guess, it was you? :lol:

8. New Era

New Era Waterboy

Nov 28, 2007
    It is real simple...Ed Reed is the best ever safety. He is a ballhawk that plays very aggressive. What coach is going to jump on him for leaving his post and making plays?

His gut is right a lot more times that it is wrong. He is just a very special player and it is crazy that he is not the MVP of the league.

hard harry and Mkdave like this.
  9. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't have any problem believing Reed's version. I think his film study indicated that when the running back goes in motion there that CP would probably go to the crossing pattern. He basically recognized the play so he started to creep over. Then CP stared down his receiver which confirmed Reed's read.

The only reason to doubt it is your assumption that Reed won't leave his responsibility. That's a false assumption. If you watch the Raven's D you'll see that he does it all the time. He does such a great job of anticipating plays that he is given great latitude to do that. Also the Ravens had been playing over the top coverage on the wrs all game. I believe that was Ginn at the top of the screen so it would be logical that it would be his responsibility to keep a cover 2 shell to that side. CP basically blew it. He locked on to the crossing pattern and never even looked Ginn's way.