1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Cam Wake continues to do right by the Miami Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by bbqpitlover, Feb 18, 2016.

1. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    I know there's a post about extending Wake already, however this is in debt article on the issue.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2016/2/...e-continues-to-do-right-by-the-miami-dolphins

I do not believe that the Miami Dolphins will cut Wake. There are several reasons for this: one of which is Wake’s cooperation.

Yes, cutting Wake could save the Miami Dolphins $8.4 million against the salary cap. However, Wake has already stated that he would be willing to restructure his deal with the team in order to help them acquire and retain more talent. A restructure is not a pay cut, but usually an extension or shifting of money that would allow the Dolphins to pay Wake at a later date.

Cameron Wake will be a free agent in 2017, so the most logical way to remedy the current situation is with an extension. This would accomplish a few goals. First, it would allow the team to reduce his 2016 cap hit. They could spread the money on his contract out over multiple years, extrapolating his value for 2017-2019 (or so). Secondly, this would allow Wake to retire as a Miami Dolphin. At 34 years old, this extension would in all likelihood be the last contract he signs in the NFL. Third, it would allow Wake to continue to be productive, as he will be on a defensive line with Ndamukong Suh, and hopefully be playing with a more talented linebacking corps.

Pandarilla likes this.
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Y'all are putting this lion in his cage to early..jmo..def extend him, def play him early and often just like nothing ever happened...he will be 100 percent come camp....he's a freak and we should treat him as such...every player is a risk..a projection..I know what wake has been doing all offseason..good to go.

3. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Same here, but right now ill take Wake playing in a Playoff game, and winning one! Guy deserves it!

4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    was nothing more than liberal politics injected into a game I watch to avoid liberal arseholes... should man-up & make a run at bringing Ignito home. he's still got a couple good years & is exactly what we need...

5. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    Definitely bring him back. Unless he's completely lame he's worth it.