1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's your SECOND Choice for Dolphins QB in 2020 or 2021?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, Sep 4, 2019.

2ND CHOICE for future Dolphins QB

1. Josh Rosen

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. Tua Tagovailoa

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Trevor Lawrence

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. Jordan Love

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Jake Fromm

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. Justin Herbert

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. NONE - I WILL NOT be happy with anyone other than my first choice.

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    Another POLL. I wanted to be able to get an accurate gauge of fan opinions on both their first and second choice QB's, and one poll doesn't have enough options, so that's why there's another post.

So if you haven't already, please go to THIS thread and choose your first choice for QB. Then choose your SECOND option for QB and specify why. There is an option for NONE if you will in no way be happy with anyone other than your first choice.

NOT SURE? This thread might help - 2019 College QB's

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  2. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    Right now, I'm still making my own mind up on this question. I've liked Tua's game but I'm not 100% sold on him and this year could really be make or break on it. I suspect he'll be choice 1 or 2 for me. Lawrence I've not watched myself, but they hype around him is massive. I'd be happy waiting one more year for a QB is this kid is the real deal everyone says he is. I'm also intrigued by Jordan Love.

Easiest is to have Lawrence and Tua as options 1 or 2. If it's a 2020 QB then Tua and Love, I think, right now - assuming Tua declares. If he doesn't, and he has a great year... then I'm all on board for a 2021 QB.

So I'm going to go with my heart right now and opt for Tua #1 and Lawrence #2.

texanphinatic likes this.
  3. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I want to watch a lot more of the college QBs this season. But from last year, I like what I see from Fromm a lot. I think that he has limited physical upside, but they all do this round. But he meets the minimum size requirements at 6'2", he has good form, I like his accuracy in the short and intermediate passing game, and he's only 21. Checks a lot of boxes.

If we didn't already have Rosen, who I like much more, then I'd be excited to draft him in April.

4. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Pretty much my same logic as in the 1st choice- if Rosen isn't good enough to start in 2021 but he still looks like a quality backup, we still win big time at $2M a year and a 2nd round pick. If Rosen's even on the team in 2021 then it was a smart move.

5. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    I hadn't looked at him much. Following your post I've dumped a few Fromm vids in the College QB's thread. I'll keep my eyes open.

6. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I'm on the Tua train right at the moment, but open to just about anyone - Herbert, Fromm (though iffy on him), Eason, Love etc.

But I think TL could be the best of the bunch. No way though that you can actually aim at that, just too far in the future and too many variables. We will come out of 2020 with a QB who we fully intend to play and get a good eval on. The only way we end up with TL is if our 2020 pick is just trash, we see an upgrade in TL and we trade "old pick" off for a second to a team desperate ... HEY WAIT A MINUTE!

7. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    I haven't seen enough of them all to say at this point who my 1st choice is yet. I will say whomever they draft he needs to be better than Trubisky. That guy just never impresses me.