Who's your SECOND Choice for Dolphins QB in 2020 or 2021?

6 replies

GalantGalantForum VeteranOP
Sep 4, 2019, 05:40 AM

Another POLL. I wanted to be able to get an accurate gauge of fan opinions on both their first and second choice QB's, and one poll doesn't have enough options, so that's why there's another post.

So if you haven't already, please go to THIS thread and choose your first choice for QB. Then choose your SECOND option for QB and specify why. There is an option for NONE if you will in no way be happy with anyone other than your first choice.

NOT SURE? This thread might help - 2019 College QB's


"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)

GalantGalantForum Veteran
Sep 5, 2019, 05:26 AM

Right now, I'm still making my own mind up on this question. I've liked Tua's game but I'm not 100% sold on him and this year could really be make or break on it. I suspect he'll be choice 1 or 2 for me. Lawrence I've not watched myself, but they hype around him is massive. I'd be happy waiting one more year for a QB is this kid is the real deal everyone says he is. I'm also intrigued by Jordan Love.

Easiest is to have Lawrence and Tua as options 1 or 2. If it's a 2020 QB then Tua and Love, I think, right now - assuming Tua declares. If he doesn't, and he has a great year... then I'm all on board for a 2021 QB.

So I'm going to go with my heart right now and opt for Tua #1 and Lawrence #2.


"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Sep 5, 2019, 06:55 AM

I want to watch a lot more of the college QBs this season. But from last year, I like what I see from Fromm a lot. I think that he has limited physical upside, but they all do this round. But he meets the minimum size requirements at 6'2", he has good form, I like his accuracy in the short and intermediate passing game, and he's only 21. Checks a lot of boxes.

If we didn't already have Rosen, who I like much more, then I'd be excited to draft him in April.

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Sep 5, 2019, 06:31 PM

Pretty much my same logic as in the 1st choice- if Rosen isn't good enough to start in 2021 but he still looks like a quality backup, we still win big time at $2M a year and a 2nd round pick. If Rosen's even on the team in 2021 then it was a smart move.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

GalantGalantForum Veteran
Sep 5, 2019, 06:45 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

I want to watch a lot more of the college QBs this season. But from last year, I like what I see from Fromm a lot. I think that he has limited physical upside, but they all do this round. But he meets the minimum size requirements at 6'2", he has good form, I like his accuracy in the short and intermediate passing game, and he's only 21. Checks a lot of boxes.

If we didn't already have Rosen, who I like much more, then I'd be excited to draft him in April.

I hadn't looked at him much. Following your post I've dumped a few Fromm vids in the College QB's thread. I'll keep my eyes open.


"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Sep 5, 2019, 07:49 PM

I'm on the Tua train right at the moment, but open to just about anyone - Herbert, Fromm (though iffy on him), Eason, Love etc.

But I think TL could be the best of the bunch. No way though that you can actually aim at that, just too far in the future and too many variables. We will come out of 2020 with a QB who we fully intend to play and get a good eval on. The only way we end up with TL is if our 2020 pick is just trash, we see an upgrade in TL and we trade "old pick" off for a second to a team desperate ... HEY WAIT A MINUTE!

Tin IndianTin IndianForum Veteran
Sep 5, 2019, 11:05 PM

I haven't seen enough of them all to say at this point who my 1st choice is yet. I will say whomever they draft he needs to be better than Trubisky. That guy just never impresses me.

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.